Michael Paul

A warning to those pursuing Kundalini

99 posts in this topic

Be careful. Kundalini is an extremely powerful energy that should only be activated under guidance and with proper care and preparation. Speaking from personal experience with an involuntary awakening at age 18, just know that if you go down the path of Kundalini that you are sure to experience some very dark moments where the light will seem very distant, even if you take proper care and are responsible about it. Kundalini doesn’t mess around, and it’s crucial that we understand the dangers involved in pursuing it recklessly. It is not for the faint of heart. 

If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask. Any comments on your own experience with this energy are welcome, of course ?.

how exactly did you awaken your kundalini, do you regret it?

of course this energy can be dangerous, already known here

@Nahm @Michael Paul in my experience with Kundalini the “Dark Moments” came days later in the form of what I would describe as a major ego backlash. Consciousness regression, emotional degradation, depression, anxiety and a feeling of hopelessness. 

Lasted a few weeks but eventually I climbed out of it before the next mountain presented itself. This work is like a roller coaster.

The kundalini experience itself was amazing, it felt rapturous and blissful. The danger for me was that I noted my first Kundalini experience as the day I hit the point of no return. After this I knew there was nothing else for me besides pursuing truth. I couldn’t go back to living life as knew it before, I had seen what I needed to see to flip the switch I guess. 

@OBEler I didn’t, I just sat down and started meditating like I normally do and then WAM! I didn’t even know what Kundalini was till about a year later when I read a book off of the booklist. 

I wouldn't recommend for anyone to go out of their way to awaken Kundalini. If it happens spontaneously then it was meant to be. It's going to turn you upside down and shake the devil out of you until there's nothing left.

4 minutes ago, nightrider1435 said:

I wouldn't recommend for anyone to go out of their way to awaken Kundalini. If it happens spontaneously then it was meant to be. It's going to turn you upside down and shake the devil out of you until there's nothing left.

I had one, I m still full of shit as hell.

27 minutes ago, Aeris said:

I had one, I m still full of shit as hell.

Me too haha.

57 minutes ago, Meditationdude said:

@OBEler I didn’t, I just sat down and started meditating like I normally do and then WAM! 

Can you describe a litte more how exactly what happend in these life changing minutes?

Just a normal meditation? Cant believe it, that it can happen so spontaneously

Had one too. Haven't been able to stop pursuing since. It is like something I heard Adyashanti say once: Before awakening you seek god, after awakening god seeks you. It surely is the point of no return. 

I was insanely disoriented for about a year I would say, but lately it seems like I'm getting more accostumed with the energy/realization. I am more able to balance both world than I was before. I've been pretty unhealthy in terms of my life style though, it seems like it helps me ground myself more in this reality. When I get healthy everything gets a little more disorienting, I kinda float in between both worlds. Can you relate? 

@OBEler I had been meditating seriously (every day for an hour or longer) for 2 years prior. But ya I sat down, closed my eyes, took 3 deep breathes and I was hit by a truck! It felt like orgasmic energy flowing through my body with its most intense position going up my spine and exploding out of my head. My abdomen felt like it had a fire burning inside with intense heat radiating into and outside my body. I also remember the largest smile being on my face and thinking “this was how happy the Buddha was” 
My mind was in heaven and every cell in my body was vibrating organisms. 

Id empty my bank account to feel it again just once. 

@OBEler I awakened my Kundalini by accident after experiencing severe physical trauma. I was pursuing basic meditation as a way to mitigate pain and depression and then stumbled across tantric practices. Needless to say, doing these practices led to activation of Kundalini and I now have a permanent experience of energy and pressure in the brain and at the top of my head (crown chakra). Bliss occurs often. However, severe negative egoic reactions to the energy occurred for several years after the initial awakening. 

So, in short, doing tantra with an entirely different intention than awakening Kundalini led to my awakening. 

To answer your question about regret, I do sometimes and don’t other times. It depends on whether or not I’m feeling energetically positive or negative in the moment. The lows can be extremely painful, but the highs make it all worth it. I wouldn’t chase the highs to avoid the lows, however.

@Nahm The dark moments vary in severity. Some are simple ego backlash, others are more like what is colloquially known as the dark night of the soul, where you feel entirely cut off from the Divine.

Edited by Michael Paul

7 minutes ago, Michael Paul said:

The dark moments vary in severity. Some are simple ego backlash, others are more like what is colloquially known as the dark night of the soul, where you feel entirely cut off from the Divine.

@Michael Paul Ya I Dark Knighted for about 8 months. I had no idea what to do or who to talk to. 

I’m currently helping my girlfriend go through her DK. It’s brutal, I feel so bad for her. 

@traveler Yes, I can entirely relate to what you’re saying. It’s important to realize that you have to find ways to stay grounded on the planet while your energetic system purges your mind and consciousness from past traumas, etc. 

Also, for anyone reading this, keep in mind that until Kundalini reaches the brain and top of the head, you’ve only experienced arousal, not total awakening. I recommend Jan Esmann’s website lovebliss.eu for more information about Kundalini and the various phases you’ll go through.

Can any of you help me with the symptoms? I think I had a kundalini awakening . I have head pressure around my crown chakra and third eye. It feels like my head is going to explode sometimes. And every time I meditate I shake violently. This has been happening since early May. 

15 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

Can any of you help me with the symptoms? I think I had a kundalini awakening . I have head pressure around my crown chakra and third eye. It feels like my head is going to explode sometimes. And every time I meditate I shake violently. This has been happening since early May. 

@Chumbimba Sounds like Kundalini to me, do you have a sensation of energy moving around in a vortex-like fashion inside of your head as well? Head pressure is not going to go away, as far as I know it’s permanent. Don’t let you discourage you, though, I’m going through the same thing. You get used to it eventually.

20 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

There's some videos on youtube that will possibly relieve some of the symptoms. My advice is to try and just sit with the feeling, feel the sensation without any labeling or restistance. Do this with all of your muscles around the area aswell. Your shoulders, neck, jaw etc. Just sit with it and it will feel great after some time. No need to read books about it and all that. You can do that, but I would start of with investigating the sensation myself first.

And don't take advice from me because I have no idea what I am talking about. It helped me, but it might not help you. Find out. The worst thing that could happen is instant death, jk. Or am I? I am don't worry....

Edited by traveler