jimwell

A Direct Example of the Dangers of Spiritual Work

42 posts in this topic

This is a direct example of the dangers of spiritual work.

This is personal to me. My grandmother was a very religious person who abandoned her husband, money, and family to be a good "christian. But she too got psychotic instead. She had delusions and hallucinations just like this guy above.

1. Why does pursuing enlightenment often lead to psychosis?

2. What's the difference between enlightenment and psychosis?

thats why most need a safe place to pass through the process, a place like a community with a teacher, Otherwise it is easy to get lost or to become to fearful.

You must at least reach out to him, or show him your latest video, Leo. That would make you more loving and closer to your liberation.  

On 10/20/2019 at 1:02 PM, jimwell said:

What's the difference between enlightenment and psychosis?

A thin line. A thin line

2 hours ago, jimwell said:

You must at least reach out to him, or show him your latest video, Leo. That would make you more loving and closer to your liberation.  

It is not my job to save people.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It seems his main problem is self deception right? But if he has mental health issues that's another kettle of fish. He was depressed and then got into meditation, he went an hour without though having many mystical experiences and always ended up back in a mental clinic. I wonder how much all this was down to enlightenment vs having severe depression prior to starting his spiritual journey.

This is best craziest story i have heard. I think he is lost in thoughts, giving to much interpretation and meaning to his thoughts. He read a lot of spiritual text and i think was lost in its stories of God. Backed up with conspiracy theories and mental health problems is a bad place to be. 

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

On 20/10/2019 at 11:05 PM, charlesvonschwarz said:

thats why most need a safe place to pass through the process, a place like a community with a teacher, Otherwise it is easy to get lost or to become to fearful.

Yes. Atleast go and be with family, it will help to ground onself. Being with parents helped me after last mystical experience.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It is not my job to save people.

But you talked about infinite love and being more loving. Above all, you proclaimed your highest goal, liberation (being jesus-like). So why is it not your job to help or save humans? You made me confused. And now I'm suspicious about your motives.

@jimwell I had a phycosis because of extreme stress, grief, and insomnia all at once. My sleep issues may have been related to kundalini, but I don't know for certain.

47 minutes ago, jimwell said:

But you talked about infinite love and being more loving. Above all, you proclaimed your highest goal, liberation (being jesus-like). So why is it not your job to help or save humans? You made me confused. And now I'm suspicious about your motives.

I said that precisely to disturb your naive notion that love requires saving people. That is a shallow understanding of love.

Liberation means I don't have to do anything. Liberation means I could kill a baby and still realize I am love.

Love is not limited to human survival requirements, ideals, morals, or good or bad actions. Love is absolutely unconditional.

My job is to share insights about reality.

To try to save people would make me attached to outcomes in an unhealthy way and be the opposite of liberation, leading to devilry.

It would be wise to notice that when you try really hard to do good, you end up creating evil. Which is why the wisest people do not feel a need to save anyone.

although if you really try hard to create evil, you still do - so what to do about this oneway road?

9 minutes ago, remember said:

although if you really try hard to create evil, you still do - so what to do about this oneway road?

That's the paradox. The only solution to evil is to realize it doesn't exist.

Which can only happen by doing what it says in my sig.

Evil is a problem of perception, not material fact. This is what people do not want to understand. Therefore evil seems so pervasive.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

hahaha, yeah then love doesn´t exist either.

4 minutes ago, remember said:

hahaha, yeah then love doesn´t exist either.

No!

Love is the only thing that exists. Love is an absolute and has no opposite.

You should know these things as least conceptually from watching my videos. Tsk, tsk.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Evil is a problem of perception, not material fact. This is what people do not want to understand. Therefore evil seems so pervasive.

That shit is so twisted. How do we craft a conscious LP then? By clinging to our egotistical ideals and inspirations?

Make an excercice, where people just for a second erase their history, like in a meditation, using their will and intention. As if they truly believe that they can desapear from existence at any second, but continue to be. We all can disapear at any second, if we die or are asleep, dreaming. This is true because when you dream you become other beings nevertheless you still feel like your self, also, when you trip on psychodelics, you can enbody other creatures, believe that your are them, but still be you, trying to scape that ilusion, beutiful or nasty, I dont know but quite scary ilusion. They secret lies in time, because one second can become an eternity, a few hours under the loving arm of grandma ayahuasca can heal you because information in the ADN of the plant comes atemporarily, because the capacity of your brain to experince time is shutdown during the process, so it feels as if you lived through the loving mesage of the plant, for a number of years not just a few hours. Afert knowing this by experience, you can make this atemporal love Real and Eternal in any second, by using your intention and this will feed your eternal soul. The final objective is defeat fear, with love, but also, by weakening the defenses of the ego, which are what you are in this earth. The good news is that as time is relative or not even real, fact, you can achieve this through intention... to turn off your existance for a second, but holding the belief that this second can be eternal, this act will incolulate you from fear.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

i`m happy you didn`t say sign, because that was controversially discussed :S

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No!

Love is the only thing that exists. Love is an absolute and has no opposite.

You should know these things as least conceptually from watching my videos. Tsk, tsk.

yes, mh then love is also just a oneway road, isn`t it?