Guest SirVladimir

The Importance of "Chat vs. Real-Time"

3 posts in this topic

Leo told you many times how important it is to build a relationship in real time, and not through social media or online messaging. I would like to add one demonstrative example. Take on my shoes and imagine you want to express love towards a girl you've been great friends with since 4th grade (that's a long time, and yet I did not have the knowledge base to see the causes of being a friend and the implications of actively teasing her, having the linguistic skills, striving for a more intimate relationship etc.) 

Back to the point; we had a conversation about our plans and such. We were sitting next to each other and as the conversation was nearing its natural end, I told her: "Hey, will you promise me one thing?" as I put one hand onto her lap and made a firm, loving eye contact. I said: "Whatever you do, listen to your heart and follow your passion." It was such a small, yet powerful moment! (and I've been her friend for a decade, which complicates the situation a bit.) 

What this hopefully shows is that taking a hot knife and cutting through the right moment may be more risky, and yet you gotta say fuck it and test your lines. If it wasn't for that touch-feel decision, I would have probably written to her later in chat: "Hey, about that convo we had, stick to your dreams." To which she would have casually responded: "Okay." Life would go on, it would be too late, as it has been for the last ten years. I was always the passive guy, but I am trying to seek more activity lately as my fear is mostly gone, thanks to Actualized.org.

Should you have helpful notes, both @Leo Gura and others, on how to express love in a long-lasting friendship, I will warmly welcome them.

1 hour ago, Hello from Russia said:

So, did you end up sleeping with her? I'm sorry, too many dating-related posts nowadays

Oh, I am not interested in short-term dating, sleeping with her etc. That stuff grows naturally in a true relationship. I'm talking real deal. :)