Toimur Hasan Tamim

i don't feel genuine interest/curiosity toward the 'inquiry question'

12 posts in this topic

I tried "do nothing" technique and self inquiry for 2/3 months. I was not very consistent and hadn't got any kinds of insights. I mean yeah, i understood them intellectually but had no direct experience. At least until yesterday. For the upcoming exams and heavy study tasks, i wasn't focusing on this enlightenment topic much. Yesterday I was at the mosque, attending the jummah shalat (Islamic congregational prayer), listening to the imam(preacher). I was thinking about the difference between the teachings of religion and non duality. One thought was leading to another thought and that to another. It was happening spontaneously. Then one thought led me to the question-' what are perceptions?' I tried to become aware of all the perceptions in my direct experience. And suddenly i felt a shift in my consciousness. It was a 3 second glimpse, but very memorable and 1000x intenser than any conceptual realization. I wasn't pointing it out, i became my true nature and experienced reality from a 'nowhere' perspective. Most beautiful experience i ever had.

I didn't wanted any experience to happen. It came spontaneously. When i sit to do self inquiry, the questioning process becomes very mechanical. I don't spontaneously get them from inside. Thats why it gets very frustrating. And resists the answer to come up.

Any suggestions about how can i become genuinely interested about the 'inquiry questions'?

Edited by Toimur Hasan Tamim

If you held a rubber band against your face with one finger, while pulling it away from your face with a finger on the other hand....when you let go with that other hand, what’ll likely happen?

7 minutes ago, Toimur Hasan Tamim said:

I don't spontaneously get them from inside

Where do you get questions from?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

If you held a rubber band against your face with one finger, while pulling it away from your face with a finger on the other hand....when you let go with that other hand, what’ll likely happen?

Hello, Nahm :) Why are you asking the OP this question? (genuinely confused)

2 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

Hello, Nahm :) Why are you asking the OP this question? (genuinely confused)

Self inquiry & do nothing are inward oriented, un-contraction, to feel awareness prior to the duality of thinking (‘who am I’), to ‘undercut’ ultimately, the separate self of thought. The title conveys awareness / feeling contracted outward to the question (duality / thought), rather than inward of the feeling. The desire for an intellectual answer, insight, or experience, is like a rubber band, being stretched outwardly.  In a moment of letting thinking / duality go, the insightful experience transpired, when the outward orientation was at rest. Then, ‘it’ was felt, like an expanded rubber band would be on one’s face when let go of. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

10 hours ago, This is the end said:

Do inquiry of an topic of your interest. Inquiry is all about drilling down the hole to inner wisdom. There is a superficial layer of knowledge in your mind (and in mine) which basically has to shatter in order to find the truth in every situation. It can go both ways even. 

You have done an inquiry on a more philosophical topic. Maybe you like inquiry about navigating your life more truthfully one time. Some other time you want to inquire on why your mind is thinking in a specific way. Sometimes you want to inquire on why you are suffering. 

But would that lead to various mystical States? isn't enlightenment the goal here? or those psychological improvements would oneday snowball to deeper awakening?

17 hours ago, Nahm said:

Where do you get questions from?

I thought about it. At first my readymade answer was-' I'm getting them from leo,from other books''. Then when i thought deeper, how leo knows that,how i stumbled upon that video, why i practice inquiry in the first place, i realized something interesting...

Everything that ever happens is completely spontaneous...

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

What can you do with that? 

You mean this realization is not worth it?