OBEler

nootropics for brain, steroids for body. What do you think?

17 posts in this topic

What do you think about using steroids for health and anti aging? Are there some good sources? 

Testosterone declines every year if you get older. Body slows down, this is natural aging. But why not use technologies like steroids to get younger and healthier if done right?

@Leo Gura If you talk about using nootropics for brain, why not talk about steroids for the body? 

Steroids are the exact opposite of longevity dude, they are short term gains long term hormone problems. Once your body gets the hormones like test in above normal levels it stops producing them naturally afterwards and your estrogen will increase, and this can have long term effects even when using post cycle therapy to minimize the negatives. 

Use the technology you already have in your body by keeping it strong and active. Maximize your fitness and your test will decline at a MUCH lesser rate than the average male in society. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

testosteron is unnaturally low by todays men. I think about giving testosteron so that you reach your limit you had when you was 20 years old.

I dont talk here about unnaturally testosterone values

I have also wondered about this.  As we (men) get older, our testo levels get lower, and it looks like it could be healthy to do TRT replacement regimes.  Not "steroid" use per se like for extreme muscle growth.

There also seems to be things like metformin, resveratrol etc already that could be good for longevity/health. 

Eventually technology will bring even more options;  stem-cell therapy, CRISPR etc.. 

Would it not be awake to use these options, as awakening and all its threads by itself seem to be a longevity tool?

Edited by roar

Setting the bar SO LOW :D

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Women have been given estrogen treatment as they age, for a long time now.  We are not talking about building muscle. At least not me.  You can find thousands of doctors that recommend aging men to do TRT for other reasons than muscle building.  It's all in the dosage, I guess...

Video is also false.  Im 42.  No need for TRT at all for that purpose.

Edited by roar

2 hours ago, roar said:

Women have been given estrogen treatment as they age, for a long time now.  We are not talking about building muscle. At least not me.  You can find thousands of doctors that recommend aging men to do TRT for other reasons than muscle building.  It's all in the dosage, I guess...

Video is also false.  Im 42.  No need for TRT at all for that purpose.

The goal is not to build muscle but the goal is too decrease the decline of testosterone. Building muscle decreases the decline of testosterone. This has nothing to do with wanting to look like a bodybuilder or “get big”, it has to do with maintaining a healthy level of fitness and building a strong body that will improve your longevity and resilience as you age. If you make no natural effort to address your fitness first and go straight to TRT you are playing yourself.

@roar You didnt even bother clicking the play button to watch the video, you just saw the title and made a false assumption. The title is totally satire and the opposite of the message.

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

On 10/19/2019 at 11:55 AM, OBEler said:

What do you think about using steroids for health and anti aging? Are there some good sources? 

Testosterone declines every year if you get older. Body slows down, this is natural aging. But why not use technologies like steroids to get younger and healthier if done right?

@Leo Gura If you talk about using nootropics for brain, why not talk about steroids for the body? 

As a prep coach and trainer for over 15yrs I have come across AAS in more situations than I can count and so I may have some knowledge to give you on the topic  . Can you be a little more specific as to what exactly your wanting out of taking them? Because there's many different applications and methods to go about and I would be here all day going through all of them but if you could tell me exactly what you we're thinking of slowing down and a reversing and or fixing I can share some experience with you

@TrynaBeTurquoise

8 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

The goal is not to build muscle but the goal is too decrease the decline of testosterone. Building muscle decreases the decline of testosterone. This has nothing to do with wanting to look like a bodybuilder or “get big”, it has to do with maintaining a healthy level of fitness and building a strong body that will improve your longevity and resilience as you age. If you make no natural effort to address your fitness first and go straight to TRT you are playing yourself.

I can't see where we disagree then.  If I disagreed with the satirical title, I guess I would have agreed with the message.  

Your body should be producing all the steroid hormones you need. If it is not, something is wrong and you need to get yourself checked before you embark on any testosterone-boosting protocol.

The risk here is that if you increase your androgens to drive up testosterone a large portion of that will go down the DHT pathway as well by activating 5-alpha-reductase . And the more DHT you have the higher your chance of developing prostate cancer, male pattern baldness and acne. Unfortunately this pathway is not regulated on negative feedback loop so you may end up overfeeding DHT. 

At the same time, you increase the risk of driving more of that down the Aromatase pathway as well which may stimulate the production of oestrogens essentially making you more feminine. The later is less likely to happen though. 

To naturally increase your testosterone production, start lifting weights and doing more physical activity. There are some herbs and medicinal mushrooms (e.g. Cordyceps, Maca, Ginseng Panax, Chlorophytum Borivilianum and other..) that can help you regulate endocrine system. Engaging more in sexual activity helps as well ;)

Please do a proper research before experimenting and especially don't experiment yourself if you don't want to end up with testosterone-driven cancer in 30 years. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

14 hours ago, roar said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise

I can't see where we disagree then.  If I disagreed with the satirical title, I guess I would have agreed with the message.  

It's not that I disagree with you, but I want to state that while not everyone wants to put on muscle, there is a certain amount of healthy muscle and cardiovascular fitness that you need to keep naturally high testosterone and slow the decline. Doctors recommend TRT because that is their survival, how they bring home the bacon. Think big pharma. The vast majority of doctors are uneducated when it comes to integrative medicine and preventing hormonal issues in the first place relative to more holistic healthcare professionals. 

@MAYA EL I want anti aging. Living a good long vital life in every aspect (body and mind).

I am 33 years old. I train in the gym 12 years long, I have perfect healthy lifestyle (100 % no shugar, no alcohol, no meat, no wheat, whey supplement, Vitamin supplement, sprouded buckwheats every day, low carb, once a week 30 minute cardio, meditation and so on)

I got old in 2 years. Everything declines. strength goes down. my skin is not so elastic anymore. I have stil a well defined 6pack, but my belly gets bigger, maybe because of the decreased elasticity of my skin. Concentration goes down, sexuality goes down. eye sight goes down. intelligence goes down. 

Normal aging I know, but I want to be vital my whole life. nothing extreme

Edited by OBEler

Try Wild-crafted Pine Pollen and Astragalus.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

if you want real anti-aging power, look up professor David Sinclair.

Basically: NMN powder (nicotineamid mononucleotide) & Resveratrol Supplements

On 10/22/2019 at 11:58 AM, OBEler said:

@MAYA EL I want anti aging. Living a good long vital life in every aspect (body and mind).

I am 33 years old. I train in the gym 12 years long, I have perfect healthy lifestyle (100 % no shugar, no alcohol, no meat, no wheat, whey supplement, Vitamin supplement, sprouded buckwheats every day, low carb, once a week 30 minute cardio, meditation and so on)

I got old in 2 years. Everything declines. strength goes down. my skin is not so elastic anymore. I have stil a well defined 6pack, but my belly gets bigger, maybe because of the decreased elasticity of my skin. Concentration goes down, sexuality goes down. eye sight goes down. intelligence goes down. 

Normal aging I know, but I want to be vital my whole life. nothing extreme

Well it definitely sounds like you had a hormone change especially with the elasticity in your skin and the way you explain your belly fat because a rounded stomach that seems to still be muscle is a Telltale sign of visceral fat which is unfortunately the hardest to get rid of because it's up under the muscle on the inner lining of the stomach and is a Telltale sign of your hormones changing for the worst meaning your testosterone has decreased your estrogen has increased and you have an increased amount of SBHG (sex binding hormone globulin)

Now it's really easy to take something that's good for you and make it bad for yourself and when it comes to hormones it's definitely balancing a tightrope because what might be a concoction that's great for you might be unhealthy for somebody else so The Balancing Act is what's important and my recommendation would not be to go to your local doctor because I've heard some horror stories of how dumb doctors can be so instead I would recommend and online HRT Clinic I'm not sure if we can Source on here so I will save that for later but there are clinics that have intelligent doctors and depending on if you express your desire for more muscle because you exercise they will usually hook you up but the maximum safest amount they legally can and usually just require $150 blood test and then a Skype consultation and then they send you your prescriptions in the mail super convenient.

I've also been hearing great things about this peptide called 

Epitalon you should look it up do some research on it I've seen some reviews and it sounds pretty promising. This is a course depending on how far you're willing to take this because lots of these options require pinning (needles ) also if your fine with subcutaneous insulin pinning daily then I highly suggest researching GHRP-2 and or GHRP-6 and CJC ( no DAC) you do not want the cjc with DAC you want the shot acting NO DAC kind it's safe and much better overall  and as for the GHRP-2 and 6 the only difference is that the GHRP-6 will make you hungry within 5 minutes of taking it and I mean stomach pain zombie eat anything kinda hungry so if your not wanting to have to increase your food intake then I would suggest the GHRP-2 . But if they work synergistically together the ghrp-2 increases your pituitary glands ability to make a growth hormone but the CJC regulates how much is released into the body so you kinda need both .

That's if you cant/don't get on HGH . The GHRP/CJC is called the pore mans HGH lol because omg HGH is not cheap. 

If you add hormones your body is supposed to produce naturally, you’re gonna have a bad time and further trash your body’s ability to produce on its own. 

14 hours ago, cxsxlx said:

If you add hormones your body is supposed to produce naturally, you’re gonna have a bad time and further trash your body’s ability to produce on its own. 

It is true that if you had something into body that it normally produces on its own but it will become co-dependent and reduce its production and eventually stop producing in some cases whatever that hormone is however I'm looking at the situation from the viewpoint that hormones continually decline past 25 until the day you die so in some instances where HRT is needed and a guy in his 30's has  testosterone levels under 300 he is most likely never going to start making 800+ levels again and so because they're declining rapidly and have no signs of stopping this kind of negates the viewpoint  of suppression bean side effect