Espaim

Screaming and crying when doing shamanic breathing

5 posts in this topic

I've been doing shamanic breathing following the instructions on the video for 4 weeks now(1 session per week). The first two times I tried it nothing really happened(15min). Last week I got up to ten minutes and then I had a sudden urge to scream very loudly and I started crying like a desperate person. I tried it again today and give minutes in I got the same result. What might be happening/causing this? Comments? I don't know what is happening really

Background

I have been depressed for some time now and it's hard to pinpoint a reason. I'm a college student and I'm not really caring about University. As a result of that my grades are going downhill and I can't give a fuck about it. It's fucking hard to study I can't concentrate a bit. It takes a lot to read even one page with lasting concentration. I've been doing meditation for 15 months 15-30min a day.

PS: I don't feel shitty everyday, only most days. I made a quick Google search and depersonalization accurately describes what I'm feeling.

I supplement methyl-b12 and niacin daily; hit the gym 3x a week and got a 6/10 diet

Edited by Espaim

I had tried some breathing exercises similar to Holotropic Breathwork and Shamanic Breathing. They may make you want to scream and cry desperately. I screamed a lot when I had done Holotropic Breathwork (I screamed like a savage). Even Julien Blanc's pranic breathing makes me cry. It's pretty normal breathing exercises make you cry. But you may want to do it with someone you trust in order to hug this person if needed and have some support.

Your stuck emotions are probably emerging, so seek help of a friend or even a trusted therapist. Sometimes seeking help of family is a problem due to the emotional baggage, but if you have a trusted family member that wants to REALLY help and stay present with you, don't hesitate to contact this person.

There were thoughts which did not feel good, but you repeated them anyways, Ignoring the sensational guidance, creating beliefs about yourself to make things “make sense”. That was always discord, and the nature of love is renewal, so naturally, love is cleaning your falsities out. But you, sneaky, resist. Getting an honest vision of what you actually want in this life is a great way to bring up all such self limiting beliefs. We only get so far, so in tune, singing from the throat. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Beautiful message. I'll keep doing it to see what comes out.

That breathing thing is really interesting, I'd like to try it. Is it really worth trying doing it online or it would be rather wise to wait until I find opportunity to do it with somebody who knows what they are doing?
I already feel quite a bit of discomfort and resistance when doing deep breathing with "I am not the body / I am not even the mind" kriya meditation practice from youtube ;).
Then is this awwwwwwwww for 7 times which I do loudly and it makes me really in peace like all this tension go released.