Raptorsin7

Who Is Getting Advice?

25 posts in this topic

From an enlightened perspective or a non-dual perspective, who is receiving advice on these forums. When advice is given and I feel like i'm getting advice, who or what is actually getting advice and then who or what is processing the advice. Any thoughts?

TLDR: If there is no self who is getting advice? 

The obstacle to enlightenment is getting the advice, to remove itself. It's getting told to remove itself by knowing that it's pretend.  But what's observing all of that happening doesn't need advice.

Edited by Mulky

7 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

From an enlightened perspective or a non-dual perspective, who is receiving advice on these forums. When advice is given and I feel like i'm getting advice, who or what is actually getting advice and then who or what is processing the advice. Any thoughts?

TLDR: If there is no self who is getting advice? 

This is gonna sound radical but the truth is consciousness is getting advice from itself :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

So often I find myself giving advice here and a short time later it hits me that I needed to hear my own advice and I'm like... crap, just talking to myself again. If a tree falls in the forest and you're the only person who hears it did it still make a sound? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Inliytened1 So because "I' am consciousness, and everything in the world is made up of consciousness when i get advice from "others" its really just advice from me because everything in my reality is made up of a common consciousness?   

@Raptorsin7 Advice is given and recieved and acted on or not and there is no one doing it...like how wind is blowing nobody is doing it its happening...but for survival etc you imagine that you are doing it...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Nahm Lame... Little me could done a better job of setting this stuff up then consciousness me

7 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Inliytened1 So because "I' am consciousness, and everything in the world is made up of consciousness when i get advice from "others" its really just advice from me because everything in my reality is made up of a common consciousness?   

Yup.  Oneness.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

53 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

If you could trick yourself into believing you are actually these three different people, it could be one heck of a night.

Reality is no different then when I'm dreaming at night. It's all me no matter where I look.

Experience and experience-er are one in the same. What is it that witnesses this play?

Speaking within the illusion of a self, you still could not say that you are receiving the advice. In this illusion, you are slave to your subconscious processes.  It is unconsciously making all your decisions for you, in such a way that you could say that it is the real you, and the you that you think you are is just an illusion - a projection of all the actions and desires of this subconscious.  So the advice does not go to "raptorsin7", but deeper, in hopes that it penetrates the thick walls of ego and makes a splash in the dark waters of the subconscious. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Before it becomes possible to awaken, it is necessary to accept that you are asleep, living in the matrix. Examine your life honestly, without lying to yourself. 

Are you able to stop your robotic, repetitive life patterns if you want to? 

Can you stop seeking pleasure and avoiding pain, are you addicted to certain foods, activities, pastimes? 

Are you constantly judging, blaming, criticizing yourself and others? 

Does your mind incessantly seek out stimulus, or are you completely fulfilled just being in silence? 

Do you react to how people think about you?

Are you seeking approval, positive reinforcement?

Do you somehow sabotage situations in your life?

Most people will experience their lives the same way today as they will tomorrow and a year from now, and ten years from now. 

When you begin to observe your robot-like nature you become more awake. You begin to recognize the depth of the problem. You are completely and utterly asleep, lost in a dream. Like the inhabitants of Plato’s cave, most who hear this truth will not be willing or capable of changing their lives because they are attached to their familiar patterns. We go to great lengths justifying our patterns, burying our heads in the sand rather than facing the truth. We want our saviors, but we are not willing to get up on the cross ourselves. What are you willing to pay to be free?

Realize that if you change your inner world, you must be prepared to change the outer life. 

Your old structure and your old identity must become the dead soil out of which new growth comes. The first step to awakening is to realize that we are identified with the matrix of  the human mind, with the mask. Something within us must hear this truth and be roused from its slumber. There is a part of you, something timeless, that has always known the truth. The matrix of the mind distracts us, entertains us, keeps us endlessly doing, consuming, grasping, in a cycle of craving and aversion with constantly changing forms, keeping us from the flowering of our consciousness, from our evolutionary birthright which is Samadhi.

Pathological thinking is what passes for normal life. 

Your divine essence has become enslaved, identified with the limited self structure. The great wisdom, the truth of who you are is buried deep within your being.

J. Krishnamurti said, “It is no measure of one’s health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” 

Identification with the egoic mind is the sickness and Samadhi is the cure. The saints, sages and awakened beings throughout history have all learned the wisdom of self-surrender. How is it possible to realize the true self? When you peer through the veil of Maya, and let go of the illusory self, what is left?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi