RedVas

Does any one have information about doing a trip with Datura?

6 posts in this topic

Dear Leo and friends, 

This is my first post and recently I grown some curiosity with psychedelics while conversing with a friend.  He was learning mediumship while I was gathering knowledge on shamanism.  I am very keen with spiritual growth but has never tried psychedelics before.  However, the place where I live (Mauritius), Datura is a plant that can be quite easily accessed to.  It is not an illegal stuff here.  I saw in your post on dangers of psychedelics that Datura is a deliriant that must be avoided. However, can you please elaborate more? Do you mean that it has to be absolutely avoided just like the hard drugs?  Does anyone have any particular resource or book that can guide me further?

Many thanks my fellows

Vashist

With datura you have to be aware and accept the possibility of a trip so intense and powerful you won’t even remember you have taken a substance. Its a delirium that can last several days and put your physical safety at risk since your environment is so warped for such a long period of time.

I wouldnt do it simply because its easily accessible. I would identify the main things I want to get out of the psychedelic journey if I were you and see if other more user friendly substances can deliver that to you. And theres other psychedelics that can show you truths more “efficiently” than datura. Its more complicated than having reality distorted for a few hours on mushrooms or tripping on DMT  that may seem like an eternity but only lasts 10-15 minutes in real time. Datura lasts much longer and is extremely confusing. Of course, if you do a bunch of research and realize the nature of what you’re getting into and dont have any life responsibilities or potential dangers that might get in the way then by all means. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

It will seriouy fuck you up and possibly kill you.

You might as well drink a bottle of rat poison.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Don't do Datura. Read the teachings of don juan by Carlos Castaneda if you are interested in learning about how crazy this shit is.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Check the trip reports on erowid, some people can't recover their psychee, their vision become durably impaired etc. It's a poison so it is strange to qualify it as a psychedelic. If this is a psychedelic then cyanide is a most powerful psychedelic, permanent ego death guaranteed.

Edited by Tetcher