Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oMarcos

Why seeking completeness through another person?

2 posts in this topic

Many so-called romantic relationships (or even friendships) issue forth from a self-perception of incompleteness seeking completeness from/through another person. Which invites the obvious question, why the self-perception of incompleteness in the first, originating place? 

I've always strived to be intelectually and mentally understood, and I struggle to find people that can think and have point of views similar to mine, if I don't get that from someone, I automatically feel disconected from them, and I end up feeling lonely and misunderstood. I realize that everyone has his own special way to interpret reality, and is impossible to find such a person who can read fully my ego self and his devilish and good behaviours, so we're naïvle always looking for "us" in others, because we just want to find ourselves?  I honestly don't feel anymore the will to even try to look myself in someone, I just want myself,  but there are times when I just want to have someone who can agrees with me...

Edited by oMarcos

1 hour ago, oMarcos said:

Many so-called romantic relationships (or even friendships) issue forth from a self-perception of incompleteness seeking completeness from/through another person. Which invites the obvious question, why the self-perception of incompleteness in the first, originating place? 

You are right. That doesnt make any sense. These relationships are not going to be healthy.

When two people meet who already feel full and complete, thats when we can talk about a real relationship.

You identify a lot with your thoughts?