Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael Paul

Should I try psychedelics again?

4 posts in this topic

I have a history of pretty severe physical and emotional trauma going back to childhood through my teenage years, including head injuries from playing American football in high school. I’ve done fairly large doses of mushrooms in the past, all of which were very positive spiritual experiences for me. However, since I was diagnosed Bipolar type one several years ago, I have been afraid to try any of the more hardcore psychedelics (other than weed occasionally).

I’m not sure what to do. The doctors say I would be playing with fire and could end up in the psych ward, which is something I don’t want. However, I know from experience that psychedelics have been wonderful for me in the past.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What advice could you give me? Thanks.

More Books about psychedelics. More knowledge before doing it. Then you'll understand bipolar is an interpretation. Not actuality.

And there is work to do outside of it. Sometimes more needed.

Psychédélic without grounded work in metaphysic' epistemology and psychology could be overloading and a waste.

Edited by Aeris

My advice is just to start really small. Try a microdose, then go to .5g then to 1.0g and so on.

Just be mindful of what kind of mindset and intention you have.

23 minutes ago, Michael Paul said:

I have been afraid to try any of the more hardcore psychedelics (other than weed occasionally).

I’m not sure what to do. The doctors say I would be playing with fire and could end up in the psych ward

You should definitely drop the weed if you do decide to try psychedelics again. Anecdotally, it seems that people who combine weed+psychedelics are far more likely to have intense, dark, disturbing trips that can potentially be harmful to mental health.

I think (this is just my opinion and you'll have to assess this for yourself) that if you stopped smoking weed, and very carefully experimented with well measured doses of psychedelics, well spread out over time, you could be fine and possibly even bring some healing to your bipolar disorder.

In studies, users of psychedelics tend to show higher degrees of mental health than non-users. This doesn't mean there aren't outliers who test worse though, so it is possible that you'd be playing with fire. But on average at least, using psychedelics tends to be beneficial to mental health. This has been my own experience and observation as well.

If you do try psychedelics again, you're going to want to really pay attention to mindset and setting. You might consider working with a guide.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.