Philipp

A never ending search for meaning

38 posts in this topic

I would like to know know how much you can relate to the following feelings:

-a sense meaninglessness in life. Why do anything? 

-For Happiness? Does Happinness even exist or is it as an Illusion, an empty promise we chase?

-For Enlightement? Why even pursue enlightenment? If death will ultimatly dissolve your egoic mind, can't you simply die to get fully enlightened? 

-Are we supposed live without a reason, out of the pure vital energy our survival machine produce?

I guess the answer for all of this is love, but it feels so strange that the whole cycle of existence is made for love

Edited by Philipp

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

35 minutes ago, Philipp said:

-a sense meaninglessness in life. Why do anything? 

Can totally relate, but this to shall pass. There is no inherent meaning in anything, so to get to choose what has meaning for you. What you choose will have meaning so long as you want it. 

-For Happiness? Does Happiness even exist or is it as an Illusion, an empty promise we chase?

I found happiness to be our nature. All the shit on top is what's obscuring it. Remove all the shit. Practically I found the Tony Robbins point of view quite helpfull. You're emotions or state are created or influenced by (1)how you use your body, (2) What focus on  (negatives or positives), (3) the story you have about where you're focussing on. Change any of these and you'll find harder to stay in your current state of unhappiness. 

-For Enlightenment? Why even pursue enlightenment? If death will ultimately dissolve your egoic mind, can't you simply die to get fully enlightened? 

I'm not enlightened or anything so I can't answer this question. My pursuit of enlightenment is the fear of being me. So it appealed to me that there is a way to get rid of myself. Btw dissolving is not dying, it's merging and becoming one. You're in a playground! PLAY!

-Are we supposed live without a reason, out of the pure vital energy our survival machine produce?

Only YOU can tell what YOUR reason to live is. No one else can decide that for you!  Take ownership 

Edited by Neorez

Don't know what happened to my post. Can't seem to fix it

@Philipp Yea kindof. For me it´s more a feeling that I am missing something. I have been searching for that something for the better part of my life but can´t seem to find it. And I am sooo tired of the search. I wish I could just work a meaningless job and watch stupid tv shows and be happy with that. But noo I have this void in me that needs filling and for some fing reason I don´t believe I have anything to fill it with!

2 hours ago, Philipp said:

-a sense of meaninglessness in life. Why do anything? 

If meaninglessness is thought rather than sense...how would life make sense?  

-For Happiness? Does Happinness even exist or is it as an Illusion, an empty promise we chase?

Non-existence doesn’t exist. Existence exists. Illusion is illusory.  Unless you got an empty promise over there, that chase transpires only in thought. 

-For Enlightement? Why even pursue enlightenment? If death will ultimatly dissolve your egoic mind, can't you simply die to get fully enlightened?

Electricity is always current. Toast however, you can taste. 

Which person will you listen to, when they tell you what you are supposed to do? Let me know if it’s me. I have a few ideas. Most of them revolve around getting Rage Against The Machine back on tour, and an app which enables me to let everyone else know what they’re supposed to do. ?

I double dog dare you to put your finger on that ‘survival machine’, and to hold in your hand what it produces. 

I guess the answer for all of this is love, but it feels so strange that the whole cycle of existence is made for love

What would make more sense?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You're not going to find meaning because it doesn't exist. However, there are things you engage in that put an end to the search for meaning. The question of meaning will no longer arise. As for happiness, it doesn't exist either. But there are things you can do where you experience enjoyment. It just won't last.

@ivory

i think there are two meaning to life. Would you like to hear them?

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

@Thewritersunion are they yin and yang lol I crack myself up. 

Life is good!!

No seriously what are your 2?

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake

humanity: to integrate the individual into the whole

human: maximize love ❤️ 

but  I am sure there is more. The meaning to life is more of a mountain range than a Everest. 

@Thewritersunion Who do you think assigns this meaning? I don't think that meaning is assigned. I think decide what makes our life meaningful. That said, I would agree with you if you were to say that both love and integration reduces one's suffering. And I think that is pretty much universal.

@Thewritersunion For "finding meaning by being": I'm not sure, meaning is always relative, so how could it have to do something with being.

@ivory I think this is good. But can enjoyment be real? I like this idea that the question does not arise anymore, I can maybe work with that.

@Nahm I'm still trying to figure out what you are saying exactly, that's maybe a good sign. It will reread it tomorow hahah

@luckieluuke Yes i can relate to being jealous of people having a fixed meaning in life, they live by and enjoying their time on the journey haha. I am not sure they actually enjoy it that much, but then again neither do I so much. Not sure if you meant this feeling.

@Neorez  I don't understand why I should choose meaning, if it is a lie or at least relative. I just can't do it. 

Happinness being our nature is interesting. Or Love being our nature. hmm. But we are Gods, we are limitless, Love being my nature feels limiting. 

I would say dying is also merging. It's the death of the boundary, so it makes you merge with the rest. Good Ideas bro, not really used to talk a lot about it with others, but it's refreshing to hear some other opinions!

I think the reasons you "shouldn't" kill yourself to get enlightened, is that time doesn't exist either. So there is no "after your death". Death is not an escape. Just thoughts.

Edited by Philipp

I guess I would say my meaning to existence is existence itself as in you can't lose or win so it's just neutral. Zero for me, being and isness is enough. It's just nothing and everything.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

12 minutes ago, Philipp said:

But can enjoyment be real?

I don't know what you mean. Do you enjoy having sex? What is real?

@ivory I do enjoy sex.  But I enjoy it from my perspective. I don't enjoy if you have sex for example (I mean I don't care haha). If something is real only under on perspective it will fade if you let go of your perspective.

I'm confused. What is your meaning or purpose in life?

@VeganAwake Yes. So life has no meaning, cause everything is as it is. Life is not meaningless either, the idea of meaninglessness require the existence of meaning, which doesn't exist. Still would be happy, if there were some meaning to life. 

Edited by Philipp

@ivory I think there is a meaning to life. It’s just relative to you and your level of consciousness (maturity) 

@Philipp You asked if enjoyment was real. Well, it seems so because you enjoy certain things. Of course you don't enjoy when I have sex :)

Sometimes we do things that are enjoyable, sometimes we don't. While we are having these experiences, and sometime after, we enjoy ourselves. But the feeling of enjoyment fades. Such is life. See Leo's video on impermanence. Impermanence includes internal states of mind as well as external things and circumstances.

I have no purpose and I'm fine with that. But I know what I enjoy/value and I do those things often. I like friends, going to the gym, listening to music, reading, etc. I rarely, if at all ever, think about meaning anymore. However, there was a time where I felt like everything was meaningless. Not a fun time.

Are you familiar with the existentialists? I mean, existential philosophy. The posited that life was meaningless. But to make life feel meaningful we had to do know what we value, and to do the things that we enjoy or feel meaningful to us.

1 minute ago, Thewritersunion said:

I think there is a meaning to life. It’s just relative to you

Yeah man, that's what I've been saying :)

Meaning is relative. One has to figure out what is meaningful to them.

@ivory maximize. Love.

lol, or at least as far as I know of. I mean Leo’s teachings are fine, but there is probably something more holistic out there.

in my option 

@Thewritersunion So do you think that because everything is intimately connected that life has meaning?

Seems that you really value love.