skywords

Why I Love Leo Gura So Much

31 posts in this topic

Passionate And Exquisitely Deliberate ~ Panoramic Eloquence ~ Beyond Eloquence ~ Beyond Exquisite ~ Beyond Passionate ~ Beyond Deliberate ~ Beyond Panoramic.

That's it, right there. 

I am 70 in earth time, and I have never, ever, read nor heard anyone as straight forward and in touch with actually connecting with people, without bull shit, on the highest, absolutely the very highest level, as Leo Gura.  Ever.  Period.  He puts the "actual" into the word actualize, when it comes to actually communicating, in the real world.  All, and I truly mean ALL, the spiritual teachers, gurus, intellectuals, philosophers, psychologists, leaders, whatever you want to call them, are so full of woo woo and mystification, and atmosphere, and fluff, and "credentials," etc., etc., etc.  But Leo is the REAL DEAL.  I mean straight fwd and to the point of every single issue he covers.  

I told a 13 year old friend that listening to just 5 minutes of Leo, is like having watched 5 full length movies, as far as impact.  That was actually (there's that word again) an understatement.  But I had to dumb down, a little, because my friend was so incredulous, when I said that.  He would never have understood that that was, and is, definitely, an incredibly misleading understatement.  HUGE understatement.

Let me just end this little squib with this:  even though I DO feel that Leo Gura's understanding of "progress," and of humanity's spiritual evolution, as Spiral Dynamics, requires dramatic revision, because I believe it to be an oversimplification, and naïve in many ways, nevertheless, never ever, the less, his overwhelmingly astute and intensely inspiring and mind altering and mind/heart, Heart Evolving Eloquence is, by itself, irrespective of it's exact precision, what I see as nothing short of exquisite beyond exquisite and mind expanding beyond mind expanding: Divine ART.  (Btw, I read some entries suggesting that there be a space for Art on this site.  I would have to say that, for me, Leo's delivery is, itself, as much Art as I can handle at any one time.)

Leo Gura:  Passionate Eloquence Way ~ Way Beyond Passionate Eloquence.

LOVE that list!!!!!

Can I add

Tender

Heartfelt

?

@skywords I hope you stick around. The forum needs more people who are in their 60's and 70's. I'm 52 going on 15,,,,, The more I dig into Spiral Dynamics the richer it gets. Especially when joined with other frames of reference.

This topic will probably get moved but I'm glad you're here! ?‍♂️

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

why not being a part of the community and sharing with us ?

welcome.

Don't pray for leo, pray for yourself, but that maybe lead to leo :) 

Aeris, I thought I was sharing?  Am I missing something, as far as being part of the community?

I'm not praying for Leo, nor for myself.  I'm not praying @ all.  I'm just doing my thing, sharing my passion, nothing more, nothing less.

Words ARE magic, tho, I certainly agree with That!

?
i n f i n i t e
h e a r t ? w a r m
t ~ e ~ n ~ d ~ e ~ r ~ n ~ e ~ s ~ s

?

:x

Thank you, Serotoninluv!

"Because we feel understood," yeah!, oMarcos! 

I believe "enlightenment" is a feeling of boundless warm hearted tenderness, throughout.

?
i n f i n i t e
h e a r t ? w a r m
t ~ e ~ n ~ d ~ e ~ r ~ n ~ e ~ s ~ s

?

I believe we are both spirits living in mortal bodies, and bodies living in immortal spirits.  Both.  And I believe that the Feeling Of Tenderness Is Nonduality.  I believe that Love is primarily a Feeling because we are primarily organic, cellular creatures.  I believe that the highest level of consciousness is empathy for self and other, self as other, and other as self, both in relationship to others and in relationship to our one self.  I believe that meditation is the key to enlightenment, and that both enlightenment and meditation are a state of profound humility, wherein one embraces the infinite vulnerability of living in a mortal body, made up, entirely of 

Pure Sentience

Vulnerability

Tenderness

Mortality

Feeling

I believe that awareness is a Feeling

Edited by skywords

For me, his ESSENCE is RELENTLESSLY AUTHENTIC INWARDNESS.

Paradoxically, I am supposing that this, itself, could be his/my/one's "EGO."

Freud marked the birth of psychoanalysis as his experience of refusing to close his eyes to what the death of a loved one REALLY meant.

And yes, I DO compare Leo to Freud, Buddha, God, Christ, etc.  Why not?  Who cares?  

In any case, I just posted this on my facebook page:

"All Wisdom Points Relentlessly Toward This Here Now As It Is Unfolding In The Fullest Of Our Personal Experience As Universal"

And I do believe that Leo is doing just that, nothing more, nothing less.

While jogging, yesterday, I came  up with the following mantras,

"WISE HUMILITY, SERENE VULNERABILITY, INFINITE AUTHENTICITY, WARM TENDERNESS"

That's what I believe we ARE.

I knew a woman, a very eminent woman, in Davis, CA, Julie Partansky, whose motto, I do believe, was:

?

And, although I knew her, and this, I never understood, and I don't know whether she understood, the immensity and the profundity of this symbol.  I don't know whether she knew that she was referring to GOD and to the single most direct symbol for the HIGHEST DIVINITY IMAGINABLE BY IMAGINABILITY/COMMUNICABILITY.

IMO, there is Nothing, nor will there ever be Anything, more Profound, Wider, Wilder, Higher, than the meaning of this little symbol:

?

And THAT is what Leo represents, in it's highest, lowest, widest, most immense repercussions.

?

And by "repercussions," I am referring to the vastness of his mind.  His mind is like a magic wand, gracefully waving, in spirals and pirouettes, graceful symmetries, beautiful gestures, vast inferences, sparkling images, blessing the widest reaches of the very reaches of reaches, with that one gleaming, glistening, glittering, glowing emblem of pure vitality, creativity, nascentcy, birth and rebirth, pure passion of pure passion and creativity, the very birth of birth:

?

YES:

God Divinity Infinite Beauty Love Warmest Tenderness Enlightenment Universe ~ Very Birth Of Birth ~ All Encompassed By Tiniest

?

There Is No Symbol That Unites All Of Life More Authentically That The Blind And Passionate Expectation Of

?

This is what I see when I look in the mirror:  

1888544_10152001214977523_82628574_n[1].jpg

595b1911c06efa0dffae496439a5159a[1].png

th[4].jpg

And, during my last jog, this mantra REALLY is doing wonders for me.  I'm thinking, "this will be my eternal mantra, fer sure!"

"We All Live In A Mellow Question Mark"

(As in:

Edited by skywords

@skywords don`t recommend leo to 13 years old kids - in that age he`s probably traumatizing. just dooooooon`t do it.

now that kid will probably watch some of his episodes and the ideas s/he might get are not pedagogically on a high niveau for that age. you always have to be careful what you plant into a childs world. leo talks about drugs as a healing method, if that child gets into his her mind s/he wants to try psychedelics, no one can take responsibility for it, or can you?

children these days have different resources, even in this age, he she could infect a whole school class, if it is a tool to get attention.

sorry to be the one critique you probably didn`t want to hear.

if you want to introduce your friend to something in that direction freud is also not the right partner, there is a reason why children and youth psychoanalysis is built upon jung and not freud.

julie partansky seems to be a good resource to understand that. leo is a good source to make peace with the dark side - a child might not be able to handle that yet.

Edited by remember

Thanks, Remember.

See below

Edited by skywords

@remember

Thanks, Remember.

You make some excellent points.  No, I have no problem with what you're saying, none at all.

Two responses:

1.  I've already let the cat out of the bag.  I believe that this particular fellow is uniquely capable of handling it.  Yes, I agree that MOST 13 year olds WOULD NOT.  But this one, yes.

2.  I also believe that, since the cat IS out of the bag, and since our relationship is ongoing, that I will be able to institute the basic message you so eloquently offer, into cautionary statements and exchanges, with him.  For me, by far, the MOST IMPOSTANT CAUTIONARY STATEMENT IS:  MAINTAIN ONGOING DIALOG.  Because every individual is both unique and uniquely engaged with her or his own particular dialog with the universe.  Identically, my dialog with this particular 13 year old is also, itself, infinitely unique.

In conclusion, my dialog with you, both as it stands, and as it may continue, will also be infinitely unique.  I'll be waiting to see what happens.  And, as always, I will conclude with the universal

?

Hope to get a response.

Remember.

@skywords :) the "infinite uniqueness" points this out pretty well! in a different expression or rule of thumb i have a similar view on every relationship or even contact we make to another being. what magic ever unfolds between two people is in its essence always unique and always a living dynamicaly unfolding cloud of interconnected memories of trust or in some cases the opposite. being able to experience friendships in a young age which are built on trust is something great! it can empower for a whole lifetime. your young friend seems to be lucky you both have special understanding of each other. but you are aware that the recent videos are not exactly are supportive to that view but some of them are painting a pretty dark picture. are you?

@skywords Why do you have a relationship with a 13 year old as a grown adult? How are other people on this forum not concerned about this?

Do you guys realize how devastating it would be to this forum and Leo's reputation if this guy had an inappropriate relationship with the kid?

@rememberIn some ways, introducing nonduality to kids is completely natural. If one introduces a child prior/during the construct of the self it is no biggie. For example, if a five year old is conditioned to realize that we create the construct of a self and it isn't real - it's no big deal. Similar to when a child has a nightmare and we tell the child that it's ok, it's just a dream. The child can also see that waking life is also a dream. To us adults, it's a radical idea - yet so was the internet. And know kids accept it as obvious. Recently, quantum mechanics is showing that two entities at a distance can be in immediate communication with each other and that material and immaterial can have simultaneously be everywhere and nowhere. This is radical to adults, yet when children are taught this - it will be like OK. It won't be any more radical than the internet to them. 

My 9 y.o. niece is an expert lucid dreamer. She has created a highly sophisticated dreamworld that is very real. She is having difficulty differentiating between her dreamworld and waking world. All the adults around her are telling her that there is something wrong with her. That she needs to let go of the dreamworld and fully accept her waking life as the real world. This may have practical value in being able to function in a waking world in which 99.9999% of the humans think is real. However it has also caused her immense anxiety and panic. I'm the only one she can talk to in which dream = real and real = dream. If all children were taught that there was one continuous dream, it wouldn't be a big deal. Kids would be like "OK, when do we get ice cream"? . . . It's an existential threat to adults because we have a lifetime of conditioning in which we created a personal story and an external reality of waking life. 

@Serotoninluv i`m not saying that nonduality is not meant for children, but even then i would be really careful in what way i would introduce any child to nonduality. i`m saying leos non duality is not meant for children. i`m sure he would even point that out himself, as he probably knows how dark he sometimes is. as we are talking about nonduality it`s always about the nonduality of the whole dream isn`t it? i recently watched a father talking to his daughter while holding her, arms locked looking into her eyes and telling her in a verry direct way  with a very clear and calm voice that she had to put on her jacket because they would have to leave the train. it was in a sense verry effective in pulling her out of her dream world but i could also see how she was scared by the sudden piercing and in a sense almost brutal way he showed his love especially because he was verry close to her face. her first reaction when he put her down on the floor again was to walk away. she was really cute singing and reading books all along, she was a bit hyper active but, he could probably have told her differently, she didn`t seem like she would not understand it if she was told it differently. so non duality is probably not just what the child makes up but also in what way the childs worldview is built. the second what is love video was very similar to that - i totaly agree that love can be brutal but the question is if we then still need to call it love, it`s very twisted.

@remember Of course nonduality should be taught differently to children and adults. The question of love being twisted is seen through the lens of a conditioned adult. An adult that sees "good" vs "bad" and "love" vs. "hate". Of course deconstructing that will be uncomfortable to adults. Yet children are prior to the creation/attachment/identification to that construct. . . If I told you fligfod = tuglin, it would not be a problem for you because you have not created, and become attached/identified, with a construct of fligfod vs. tuglin. If I told you there was a planet in which aliens believed fligfod was good and tuglin was evil, yet ultimately they are the same - you would have no problem with that because you have no attachment/identification with fligfod and tuglin. As well, you do not base your survival and well-being on fligfod and tuglin. . . Similarly, children have not yet become attached/identified to adult constructs - constructs that adults portray onto children. . . This is very difficult to see for adults because we are identified and immersed within these constructs and are unable to deconstruct back prior to our immersion into the construct. 

@Serotoninluv a child doesn`t need to be told what is good or bad because a child who knows what love is knows what love is despite the construct. if you want to hire someone ask your children first, they usually have an instinct to draw back from people who are not trustworthy. just as an example for trust or mistrust, but some people are more complex than that, and then even children can fall in the trap of not drawing back even if the overall effect of a person can be counterproductive to their health. there is a reason why people lock childrens internet access to special content. it`s not about good or bad it`s about constructive, productive or destructive. it doesn`t matter what words we apply, words can be brutal and to keep brutality in unfiltered way away from children is an instinct or it is not.

Edited by remember