jj40

I Get Afraid (Help)

14 posts in this topic

When I'm doing a practice I sometime reach a point where all of a sudden I feel anxiety fill me like something terrible is about to happen to me. When this happens I want to stop and distract myself and really don't feel like doing the practices. Does anyone else experience this? Or have any explanation as to why this happens? (Its so intense when it happens I want to do anything to make it stop)

Just surrender to the feeling and observe it , then its going to drift away

Me too. Before you do anything start in the name of jesus, it will fix it absolutely. 

@jj40 I have it too, some fear just pops up out of nowhere. It's like I'm doing yoga and an idea hits me "Is my wife okey? Did I lock the door? The oven might be burning now" etc.

Do not move an inch when you get scared. Stay in it.

Also move when you are really in danger like you smell smoke or someone is breaking in your house. But if the fear is internal just surrender, if you gonna die now - die. Surrender to your death.

Mahadev

14 hours ago, jj40 said:

When I'm doing a practice I sometime reach a point where all of a sudden I feel anxiety fill me like something terrible is about to happen to me. When this happens I want to stop and distract myself and really don't feel like doing the practices. Does anyone else experience this? Or have any explanation as to why this happens? (Its so intense when it happens I want to do anything to make it stop)

It’s cause you’re calling your inner being, “anxiety”. Run to it, not away. Let the thoughts go because they are not true, not sensation which tells you this. 

The sure fire path to monkey mind, is to label inner being as the problem, putting thought in a perpetual state of trying to resolve what can only be resolved, and never needed resolution; feeling. 

Zombies biting people does not resolve a zombie situation, it just perpetuates it. Zombies got to accept the love that they are. Short of that, they are only biting themselves. Hang out with em. They turn out to be a hoot.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Thanks for the replies its really helpful. I'll be more specific a few days ago I was sitting and questioning what do I really know and everything was great I felt myself opening up (I have never done this before). But all of a sudden I reached a point where I begun to realize I knew absolutely nothing to the point where I didn't even know what knowing a thing was anymore. As this began to happen I am hit with an indescribable amount of fear and anxiety like I am going crazy or I am going to change forever I don't really know why... When this state starts to occur I consciously try to pull myself out and cant just let go and go with the it because at the time I feel like I'm going to die or something or my entire reality is going to break. 

Can someone who is experienced in this work please explain this and what is happening? And maybe how to deal with it or process it? Cause at the moment I'm pretty afraid to keep going with this type of work is this normal? 

Hi!

I have this aswell sometimes. When i start to get deeper in meditation my heart starts pounding like hell and i get all anxious and fearful. There's nothing to be afraid though, it's just the mind wanting to grab my attention again. What works for me is to surrender to it, accepting it as it is. Then observing it with compassion. It melts away after this. But it's important not to try to get rid of it, welcome it instead and after that i often find myself in a state of deep bliss. Once you manage to surrender to this once, it will get easier in the future.

I think it also may be the fact that it becomes to overwhelming for me to handle I don't know how to process it. As I feel as if reality is inescapable its beauty is inescapable... I look at something and realize I know absolutely nothing about it. It is a complete mystery to me that feels like a lot for me too. I just can't understand how others can continue doing anything like driving to work I just want them to get out and sit in the road with me or something. I get into states where feel like I am walking around in a complete trance like I can't believe my eyes. Like what the fuck is everyone doing where are they going? What is so important for you to do right now?

1 hour ago, jj40 said:

I just can't understand how others can continue doing anything like driving to work I just want them to get out and sit in the road with me or something

Hahaha. Awesome.

In any case, I used to experience the fear as well. Reality is not what it seems.

All these are part of the awakening process and I think everyone who are on a spiritual path have gone through this, I have not done any research on this, but I have also gone through this process.It was a time when I thought I was completely crazy, I had the impression that people were walking like zombies on the streets and they don't know where to go.I just wanted to go to each of them to shred them and to warn them that ,hey something awful is wrong with you.The fear of being insane and not being around the world ,is one of the powerful strategies that the ego applies.When you see that everything is breaking down around you and that everything in what you thought until now to be real is false and meaningless, does it sound crazy?You feel like you have no solid support point anymore, and whatever you try to support yourself, fall apart. All of your reference systems collapse.Then you wonder if all this is unreal, what is real? But all this is part of the process of collapsing duality into non-duality.This is a hard part to digest, followed by an even harder work but don't give up, and stay on the path.Pay even more attention to the one who fears, investigate it with courage, do not be afraid.The light of your attention will denounce his ephemeral identity.

This is what Mooji refers to in his teachings when he says to “pay attention to the attack of the mind.”