Bennn

What is Sleep

20 posts in this topic

If consciousness is all there is and nothingness cannot exist - what is sleep while I'm in that state? 

Nothingness does exist and is the essence of what consciousness is. Sleep is a state of consciousness and there is just nothing to be conscious of, there is no I to be conscious of either.

Edited by Joker_Theory

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

This was a really interesting answer! How is nothingness the essence of consciousness. 

When you’re watching a movie, turn off the tv. The empty screen is sleep so to speak. Turn the movie back on, that’s still the empty screen. Doesn’t look the same because God. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Yeah.... greatest trickster there is. 

Interesting topic about sleep. Complete mindfuck. Can I somehow do not speak about something and that doesn't appear. Ok If that is the case. 1 million euros. ?

If you mean deep sleep, it is still an experience, since you can say that it happened.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 10/16/2019 at 3:14 PM, Bennn said:

If consciousness is all there is and nothingness cannot exist - what is sleep while I'm in that state? 

Good question :)

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

When you’re watching a movie, turn off the tv. The empty screen is sleep so to speak. Turn the movie back on, that’s still the empty screen. Doesn’t look the same because God. 

Great answer :)

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

∞∞∞∞ Rumi ∞∞∞∞

Somewhere in between. I would avoid this site, which is basically a cult. 

Led by "Leo", a highly DUBIOUS character, he likes the sound of his own voice, actually a boring git. 

Edited by Dinsdale

On 10/26/2019 at 2:56 PM, Shin said:

If you mean deep sleep, it is still an experience, since you can say that it happened.

Only in the way that I can reflect on the experience of blindness as the lack of sight. I can only conceptualize it through it's absence (That being the absence of consciousness.)

On 10/26/2019 at 9:13 AM, Bennn said:

This was a really interesting answer! How is nothingness the essence of consciousness. 

Its because consciousness is Infinite.  Something infinite cannot have any form since it must contain any and all forms within it.    So its substance is nothing but this is hard to grasp with the finite mind because how do you imagine something formless.  But yet it exists :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

14 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Its because consciousness is Infinite.  Something infinite cannot have any form since it must contain any and all forms within it.    So its substance is nothing but this is hard to grasp with the finite mind because how do you imagine something formless.  But yet it exists :)

But nothingness implies no observer, no form, no "right now."

Consciousness is in fact a thing

On 28/10/2019 at 8:43 PM, Bennn said:

But nothingness implies no observer, no form, no "right now."

Consciousness is in fact a thing

Nothingness doesn't imply that.

Nothingness is all form, is all the point of views.

It's just everything, which is the same as saying it's nothing.

Can't grasp that with the mind though, at best you can accept it as a possibility, but you have to experience directly.

It's all the thing you said, but their opposites too, it's utterly paradoxical, that's why the mind can't grasp it, and the only way to understand it is to be it.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

we are already in nothingness/void/asleep

there has never been a conscious awareness.

life imply death : there has never been such a thing has "life".

perhaps while the body/character "sleeps", consciousness is returned to its primordial state without the perception of ego/mind.  Although then there's the whole dream state which some debate is going on constantly in the background. Image streaming is proof of this theory. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

There is no perception of mind. 

There is no perception. 

You are Infinite Conciousness. You can't "switch off'. 

Infinite Conciousness that dreams(whatever term you might use) that is waking up. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

1 hour ago, zeroISinfinity said:

There is no perception of mind. 

There is no perception. 

You are Infinite Conciousness. You can't "switch off'. 

Infinite Conciousness that dreams(whatever term you might use) that is waking up. 

the perception is illusionary but very tangible, hence why "I" have very unique dreams compared to "your" dreams, and how that "my" body/mind directly affects the content of these dreams. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

What if every time you are in a deep sleep cycle you become unbounded God consciousness and witness infinity every night but as soon as you exit into REM or wake up you get amnesia and forget this

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry