ChimpBrain

Content You Want To Share That Doesn't Justify Its Own Thread....

44 posts in this topic

Several times a week I come across an article, video or podcast that I'd like to share with people here but I don't feel like it's something that justifies starting a whole new thread for and all of the attention and/or responsibility that comes along with that. And since we don't have an informal or less serious "miscellaneous" section I just never end up sharing it. So I hope this thread can serve as sort of an informal miscellaneous section in itself. Feel free to share any sort of content here that's relevant to self improvement in some sense that you don't want to make a new thread for.

I'll start with this, the Mindpod Network.  This is a site with a ton of articles, podcasts and past speeches from people like Ram Dass, Jack Kornfield, Krishna Das, Joseph Goldstein, Tara Brach, Zach Leary, and plenty of others.  http://www.mindpodnetwork.com/our-podcasts/

This thread is a great idea.

Here you can find great in formation regarding the integral theory from Ken Wilber. If you find the spiral dynamics model interesting, I would hightly recommend learning more about the stuff Wilber teaches.

2 hours ago, quantum said:

This thread is a great idea.

Here you can find great in formation regarding the integral theory from Ken Wilber. If you find the spiral dynamics model interesting, I would hightly recommend learning more about the stuff Wilber teaches.

Thank you! I'm currently listening to Spiral Dynamics Integral by Don Beck on audible right now and started to message @Mal yesterday asking for more resources to learn about this model. For one thing I find it fascinating, and for another, it seems like mastering your understanding of it would have some major real world benefits in dealing with other humans. 

@ChimpBrain don't know what you exactly mean with :

35 minutes ago, ChimpBrain said:

asking for more resources to learn about this model.

if you're searching for more spiritual development according to the Spiral Dynamics, I would recommend you "Integral meditation" from Ken Wilber..

Just in case you don't already know him..

26 minutes ago, MartineF said:

@ChimpBrain don't know what you exactly mean with :

if you're searching for more spiritual development according to the Spiral Dynamics, I would recommend you "Integral meditation" from Ken Wilber..

Just in case you don't already know him..

Awesome! Just ordered it! Only problem is I have like 6 new books that need reading and not enough time to read them lol :)

@ChimpBrain I'm also really interested in spiral dynamics and I've been reading up on it. I'm specifically interested in green-yellow, world 6-7 transition on the graves model.

This guys gets into some of the physical/emotional changes that occur in this transition and I find it really fascinating.

Coherence Part 1

Coherence Part 2

I'm also studying hypnosis//self-hypnosis and it's standard procedure to speak to the subconscious as if you are speaking to a 10 year old child, which is interesting.
I wonder if future hypnotists are going to have to speak to adult subconscious minds (getting my strategy sorted :ph34r:)

On 6/13/2016 at 7:58 AM, quantum said:

Broken quote button post. Sorry.... 

Edited by ChimpBrain

Fantastic podcast with Russell Brand from today. Seriously, it's better than you think. 

Hi,
I wanted to ask a quick question, are there video from Leo or other sources you know explaining how to rise awareness? I just watched the video about "staggering depth of your unawareness revealed".
Thanks for response.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

I borrowed Maslow's "Toward a Psychology of Being" from the library yesterday. And I opened a random page. This is what was written there:

image.jpeg

Today, as I was coming back home, I saw a boy in front of our house. He might have been like 9 or 10 years old. He was sitting in the grass in a lotus position and meditating! I didn't want to believe my eyes. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. You can't imagine the level of joy I felt at that moment :-)