Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hansu

Stretching workout

5 posts in this topic

So, stretching. Who wants to do it? I guess not many

I've been dealing with lower back pain and as I have built some body-mindfulness, Im slowly learning that my lower back problems are probably not due to lack of excercise but lack of stretching. My body is extremely stiff all the way from my lower back to my toes. I have found stiffness in my back, frontal AND side leg muscles.

Is there any good stretching program that is designed to go through the whole body over a long period of time? Something that would help me loosen up and also to build mindfulness of my body. Something that starts with something simple and builds up to more stretches and overall is designed to loosen up the whole body

Im ready to spend 1 hour per time 3 times per week on top of daily stretching. If anyone here knows a program like this, that would be awesome

this is a bit different but Primal Movement is an interesting way to deploy a lot of your muscles and joints in sorta natural way, kinda getting back to our monkey ancestors by doing a lot of compound movements, walking on 4 etc.. I sometimes do it in the gym after workouts, its fun :)

There isn't awfully lot on youtube but you may find some basic tutorials. Very good for mind/body coordination and the agility. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569

I checked few videos and damn! Those guys flow like water when they do the workout!

Im definitely going to try it out, might even be everything I need. Thanks!

@Hansu exactly! In years of sedentary jobs and activity negligence, man is forgetting how to do basic movements. I see guys who cannot sit in deep squat, guys who cannot touch their knees, stand on one leg with eyes closed and who cannot do basic bridge arching from the laying on their back. We are losing the neurological connections between the brain and the body by not using our motor skills. 

I believe exercises like these not only deploy a lot of muscle but train your whole brain by re-creating new synapses and connections potentially strenghtening the existing ones. So be a child and play instead of being serious like everybody else :) A shammanic/tribal drumming music to your ears while doing this will give you an extra boost ;)

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569

What I really like about what I saw in the few videos of Primal movement is how it combines the different sets to a kind of a dance. I always found timing a set of stretch to be tidious and boring, so turning the workout into this kind of a ritual is really intriguing!