JustThinkingAloud

Self-actualizing App Project

55 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@JustThinkingAloud How did you learn to code? 

From a textbook. Wrox has some really good ones. A lot of activities in them too. Also, stackexchange is really good when you get stuck. I did try to do it formally but it would've take too long and I'd have to do a lot of unnecessary subjects.

I have an opinion on everything :D

6 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@JustThinkingAloud So you just learned the necessary coding for this specific project? Or did you have a coding background before this?

I did have a project in mind before I started learning. I wanted to do an app for my partner and his business. He needed to have his customers information organised. He does motorcycle suspension, so for every customer, every type of bike, he needed technical information available on his mobile. He had over 10,000 different setups in an old fashioned CardFile so it needed some serious update. I didn't have any coding background but the textbooks cover it from beginners level to an advanced level.

Yay. I had a great time today. 200km of awesome ride together with another 20 motorbikes having fun with a great group of people. :)

I'm playing with Reddit now to try "happiness" there. All the best and don't get too twisted. :):x