OmniYoga

conclusion from Facets Of Awakening (vegans come here)

52 posts in this topic

frigthening conclusion comes from that immoratal being - there is nothing worng in killing, becasue it's just switch the from - isn't it?
why do the buddist/yogis are so againts killing/murder?
does it take me step away from self - realization if I kill a bug
why do have this hypocrisy in eating habits in spirtual world?
that thinking that plants are meant to be eated and there is nothing wrong about it
but meat is labled as "bad"
who made that hierarchy ? where one form of being is more valuable than other
that idea of purfing yourself? 
wtf is that 
the cow is more pure than a lion becasue it eats grass?

for me is just using reductionism and the only know perception (cuz we don't have idea how to be a plant) to justify his choices

@OmniYoga i think it is important to recognize who and what we are as humans. We can look at our chemical and biological makeup and realize we were designed to eat raw foods, like apes. What if we were never meant to cook our food? All other animals eat intuitively but we have more responsibility to not fall prey to our own self deception. 

Does it feel good to kill? To murder? Is this done out of love? 

1 hour ago, OmniYoga said:

it's not just the spiritual world

we think we are fit to make the hierarchy but nature is nurture 

wtf is that 

consider healing the body to be raising frequency. Our body's are amazing and designed to heal themselves on a cellular level. We can be mindful of how certain foods effect the body and our energy levels, like wanting to take a nap after lunch

frigthening conclusion comes from that immoratal being - there is nothing worng in killing, becasue it's just switch the from - isn't it?
that thinking that plants are meant to be eated and there is nothing wrong about it
wtf is that 

for me is just using reductionism and the only know perception (cuz we don't have idea how to be a plant) to justify his choices

You will know why when you are getting raped, tortured and killed with no understanding of self-realization at all. There is nothing wrong with stopping to breath, go ahead and see what happens if you do.

Glory to Israel

You are  FREE to eat and do whatever you want. If you believe eating MEAT is bad, then dont eat. If you believe eating meat is good, then eat. 

CAREFUL = On a serious path of self-actualization BELIEVING anything is not the way to go. Eat meat for like 2 weeks and contemplate how your body feels, how is your meditation, how is your awareness. Then do another experiment without meat (go vegan) and again, contemplate it ALL. How is your diet affecting/ impacting your practices, your life, your mind, your level of awareness ?  If you don't know, then contemplate is a great tool.   

14 minutes ago, Scholar said:

My personal embodiment of a holistic living implied in conscious eating. What I eat become an organic part of me, of my life, of the energy of my body and impacted deep my meditation practice. I didnt cut out meat for a label or to purify myself.  I simply realized meat and vegetarianism no longer 'agreed' with body and with my own values. I think one important question you can ask yourself in order to eat or dont eat meat is ' does it agree with my own values ? ' Analyze deeply all the implications each of your own values has. 

What does it mean to eat consciously for you ? You can become conscious of any plant being as much alive as the cow or you are. 

''Firmness in Love" 

For me I feel like the whole eating meat process(the way most people do) is unnatural. They breed these animals take them away from their mothers almost immediately and then fatten them up as fast as possible to turn a profit. 

I honestly feel like I love animals too much to eat them when there's other options.

This is a very tough topic to describe for myself I feel like it almost goes beyond my understanding.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

26 minutes ago, Winter said:

Cooking food started million years ago, with Homo erectus. We evolved into homo sapiens while cooking food: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooking#History

Maybe it’s time we start learning from history rather than basing our lives off of it. “The Ancient Greek, before the time of Lycurgus, ate nothing but fruit,” (Plutarch) and “each generation reached the age of 200 years” - Onomacritus of Athens 

16 minutes ago, Winter said:

I haven't suggested anything, I'm just breaking an unverified assumption. I wouldn't base my life off of greek mythology though.

Haha okay interesting yeah physics, chemistry and direct experience are a good means to  operate from ?

You are confusing diet with a belief system diet is not a belief system.

For exemple I eat only plants yet I don't consider myself a vegan. I just eat what is best suitable for my body and it turns out that it is plants. I don't know about other people's experience but from what I see it seems safe to assume that the human body was designed to eat plants.(mostly)(there's much more nuance to it)

One of the reason why you might want to stop eating animals is that you recognize that it won't cut it for the work that we are doing here. If you want maximum energy and focus then you will tend to correct your diet accordingly. Not because it's bad per say.

Sailing on the ceiling 

@DrewNows nah man - fruits are mostly simple form of sugar
steve jobs had pancreatic cancer from fruit diet only, from what I heard
and that's reasonable, cuz you need to eat a lot of it to be satisfied and your insulin level skyrocket to the roof after those meals,
and pancreatic is responsible for producing insulin

that's my understanding, however i'm not dietician nor doctor

Edited by OmniYoga

@VeganAwake

I see your point, and i agree that conditions are far away from perfect - but that's a topic for a another discussion,
and it's silly to assume that plants are made in natural way, they aren't, they are modfided as well, pesticides etc

however that is not what I was pointing at here, I meant meat in general, might be even hunted

Edited by OmniYoga

@OmniYoga This guys been curing cancer and helping people reach wellville for more than 40 years and be recommends fruit once the body is able to break it down, it’s foolish to assume fruit is to blame for people’s health, here’s another video (short clips) on what he says about fruit 

(also I’d like to say, this guy has changed my life ?) 

It’s simply because most people aren’t aware that plants and even rocks also have some degree of awareness

On 10/14/2019 at 9:01 AM, OmniYoga said:

wtf is that 

I think Buddhist monks and yogis are not for murder because they have a very increased sense of empathy. Maybe they realize they had no say what they were born as and could have been anything.

A vegan diet minimizes harm to animals, but not all harm. Animals will still be killed on a vegan diet but it's not an all or nothing game. Plants cannot feel pain and suffer but animals can and it is not necessary to eat animals to survive. It is actually better for one's health to transition from a omnivorous diet to a vegan diet and a vegetarian diet to a vegan diet. It is also better for the environment as well. 

Each individual and society creates the hierarchy where one being is more valuable than another. You pull it out of your ass or you accept what society tells you.

Why am I so differently wired? Am I a martian?

What kind of twisted experiment am I involved in?

Because I don't belong in this world. -Eminem

On 15.10.2019 at 10:01 AM, Mikael89 said:

@OmniYoga Just ask yourself this one simple question, and contemplate it: "would I want to get murdered?"

Voilà.

@Mikael89
that question doesn't make any sense
because the primary function of brain is safety and survival
the better question are you your brain or maybe something more?
or if could for example put yourself into some exoskeleton but in that process you need to kill yourself - would you do it?

On 15.10.2019 at 4:35 PM, Finland3286 said:

Plants cannot feel pain and suffer but animals can and it is not necessary to eat animals to survive. It is actually better for one's health to transition from a omnivorous diet to a vegan diet and a vegetarian diet to a vegan diet. It is also better for the environment as well. 

@Finland3286 that's just your assumption, there is no proof for any of those claims

@DrewNows there is more missconfusion about diet, than it's about spirituality - or at least same level

from what i heard recently Keto diet is the future

1 minute ago, OmniYoga said:

@DrewNows there is more missconfusion about diet, than it's about spirituality - or at least same level

It’s all the same confusion. Lost in theory and the matrix of the mind. I don’t see killing animals as being part of the future of humans lol 

Keto diets might offer certain short term benefits but over the long run they will bode as not sustainable, and not able to cure cancer because they don’t allow the body to heal itself 

13 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

I don’t see killing animals as being part of the future of humans lol 

Based on higher consciousness/empathy or technological advances?

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Based on higher consciousness/empathy or technological advances?

Wouldn’t separate the two but empathy and technology I’d consider within consciousness. We just aren’t biologically suited to consume meat 

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Wouldn’t separate the two but empathy and technology I’d consider within consciousness. We just aren’t biologically suited to consume meat 

I meant consciousness in terms of personal awareness. 

For example, people could evolve up the spiral to green and feel empathy for animals and not want to eat them. Or new technology could create meat such that we don’t need animals for meat anymore. 

They can already grow meat in labs and I'm sure soon they'll make it with higher protein and less saturated fat with lots of extra amino acids for healthier consumption. Sounds kind of weird but that will probably be the future of meat consumption or it will just go to mostly plants like the impossible burger or something like that.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi