Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grant NZ

Confronting pain

13 posts in this topic

I'd first like to make my intentions clear, I am only searching for how to bring the best out of myself and everyone else. It seems like actualized.org and spirituality is really beating around the bush. I would really like for a bunch of people to completely show me how unconscious I am with what I have to say. We all know what life's greatest fear is, but we are all avoiding it. I even typed the word into the search bar in the forums and not one post was dedicated to this word. Pain. It is ridiculous how clear it is to me that you are all avoiding this thing, including myself. At this point in time pain is the great master over humanity. Why has Leo not yet dedicated many episodes to dealing with this subject? For me everything else is trivial. I care much less about whether I'm neurotic etc, whether I have a fantastic business. Just teach me how to actually deal with the worst atrociousities that can be committed to the human body. If you could teach this one thing then I am happy. I will work on all of your cute little teachings about making a cute little life. I've experienced the fear of my ego going through dieing, not full ego death. I continuouly face my worst fears and grow from them. I have become a much better version of myself, I am very happy with who I am. I would be happy to go through the rest of life never developing any more, even though I will keep developing. I have no question that Leo and many others have gone through alot more deeper spiritual development then I have and have faced fear on another level than I have. Yes this is my ego talking, if you remove ego then there is no more fear of pain. Yes you can remove all resistance to pain, but it doesn't matter if you realize that you are the only being in existence or not, pain still exists. Even if you realize god and are completely present this will not change the fact that pain exists. If you have no ego you may not react, but you will still feel pain exactly the same. Above all else I have been training myself to deal with pain. I can run much further and endure much greater muscle pain than I ever have been able to. Why are there no teachings on dealing with pain? Actualized.org is providing many teachings that are rare within society and claiming to be a no bull shit channel. Then why is it failing to deal with the most difficult thing that a human being could confront? Why hide from this by promoting ways to get ahead and build an amazing life? Should this not be dealt with first? Get the most difficult things out of the way so then the rest of life will become much easier. Do you think that Leo could sit there with the same smugness while a wire is slowly being inserted through his left ear and out each of his eyeballs while the episode goes ahead? I would hate to see this happen to him because I love him and all he has done. But do we really think he can deal with this? I respect all he has to say, but it is just talk at the end of the day. Pain is the great master until you can learn to become it's master. I myself am learning to embrace pain very slowly. I have mastered cold showers but these are trivial compared to getting toe nails ripped off, pins in eyeballs, crushed body parts and going through the worst atrocities for millions of years straight. What are peoples thoughts on this and any advice on how to better confront pain? I have been using mindfulness to deal with pain and breaking my bodies pain down into smaller segments that I can take on individually.

@Nahm Could you happily go through hours on end of having an knife stabbed all over your body? 

@Grant NZ Highly doubtful, but I honestly don’t know as it’s just a thought. I believe it’d hurt pretty badly until shock kicked in and I passed out. I have broken many bones and found that the more intense the injury, the less severe the pain. When I broke my collar bones playing hockey & football there was no pain at all. Instant numbness. Smashed my entire thumb once between a mini bike and a boulder. It was literally hanging from my hand like a wet rag, no pain at all. After the surgery, pins, etc, it hurt like hell for a day. I can readily honestly say, I’d rather go through ever injury I’ve ever encountered again, than have monkey mind. 

Have you actually experienced the tortures you refer to, or is this suffering of the mind? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm No I haven't gone through the tortures, but I believe that in my mind these are the worst things we could confront. I can confront imagined pain in my mind and this actually helps me to deal with physical pain better. Such as pain from fatigue and exercising. If my mind is ready for it then it doesn't react to it so much. 

I'm actually glad somebody brought this up. In all this spiritual work, we tend to forget how significant concrete stuff still is. And that there truly is no distinction between spiritual stuff and concrete things. 

On 10/14/2019 at 5:01 AM, Nahm said:

@Grant NZ Highly doubtful, but I honestly don’t know as it’s just a thought. I believe it’d hurt pretty badly until shock kicked in and I passed out. I have broken many bones and found that the more intense the injury, the less severe the pain. When I broke my collar bones playing hockey & football there was no pain at all. Instant numbness. Smashed my entire thumb once between a mini bike and a boulder. It was literally hanging from my hand like a wet rag, no pain at all. After the surgery, pins, etc, it hurt like hell for a day. I can readily honestly say, I’d rather go through ever injury I’ve ever encountered again, than have monkey mind. 

Interesting 

I never felt much pain while playing sports and getting injuries, and assumed it was because of the adrenaline (also focus). 

years ago I shattered my wrist and the doc said it was one of the worst breaks he’d seen and had me stay overnight until surgery. I also didn’t feel any pain, only numbness and he said it is prolly because of a pinched nerve. All I know is that night the pain was excruciating and after surgery I had some terrible fever symptoms for a day or two. I now know think it was from the morphine and pain pills they’d given me, the body was reacting and detoxing it out 

Edited by DrewNows

I once took a corner at speed on my bike, fell off it and smashed face first into the ground, breaking a tooth. I don't remember much pain, only shock but I don't know if this will apply to all things such as the extreme and persistent pain of toothache or the appendix about to burst. In these cases and many more, the failsafe often spoken about doesn't take effect.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

for me, pain is the world's way of telling me there is something wrong in my physical world.  If I don't take care of the pain there will be bigger problems in the future.

So, Pain is really a symptom, or a sign.   Sometimes the pain is a warning.  I have arthritis in my fingers and when I get cold my fingers ache. That is my reminder to take care of my fingers so they don't get worse.  

Sometimes I choose to accept the pain and continue on. Watching a dear friend's sickness brings me pain, but I can choose to accept the pain, and work within it. 

We all have our core fears.  Perhaps your core fear involves pain?  One of my core fears involves vulnerabiity and being controlled and manipulated.