PenguinPablo

Can a enlightened person excel in sale?

14 posts in this topic

Recently I got a job in sales and I have been doing badly. I notice when I'm just grounded in being, people are quite receptive, but then I go into my scripted "pitch" and my buyer's interest wanes entirely. I want to do well in this job since it will help me financially if I can do well (6+ figures). However something inside won't allow me to be fake and manipulative the way my boss constantly says we need to be to attain results. 

I guess partially I haven't been given the tools to succeed at this job yet. I know nothing about the company and all I have is a generic sales script. Also I just started recently.

I've made considerable progress in terms of the Buddhist path. Thanks to Leo first and foremost. Don't know if these sort of attainments make it nearly impossible to excel in these fields of orange trees. Similar to trying to imagine Buddha being a pickup artist or money hungry business man or maybe something less dramatic since I probably cannot fathom his level of attainment.

Mods: pls. excuse me if I put this in the wrong subforum. Move it if necessary. Sorry for my absent mindedness.

Edited by PenguinPablo

When you become enlightened, the question unbecomes.

B R E A T H E

8 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

@pluto ...

When your enlightened  petty things like that wont be a concern to you ... You will just do it and try your best

Edited by ethanb121

10 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

imagine Buddha being a pickup artist or money hungry business man or maybe something less dramatic since I probably cannot fathom his level of attainment.

I just imagined that. ? Buddha would have been dope in it. With his presence itself women would have craved for him. And about business he was pretty good at gaining support from rulers at his time.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Meta-Man i think ive been dealing with something similar for a couple years. either way. Will stay until they fire me or till the end of the year.

Except i still want girls sometimes lol. 

Edited by PenguinPablo

Maybe depends on what your selling. Can it be sold easily through an authentic, well spoken, honest pitch, the kind that distinguishes Enlightenment? Or will it require an aggresive, misleading pitch, the kind that distinguishes being a devil?

It depends on what you sell.

You want to make it a win-win situation. Where the stuff you sell is actually worth more to the right people than you charge. Your job then is to qualify people to see if they are the right fit for the solution you are offering.

My guess is that at your company you are selling low conscious stuff that is not worth the amount you charge. Becoming more conscious will make it harder and harder for you to keep that job if thats the case.

@universe actually, its a good product. but the approach is very low consciousness, and overtly manipulative... this tends to be the case in orange america. at the end of the day, even high consciousness products are produced, marketed, and sold with money in mind at the expense of everything else. 

Edited by PenguinPablo

23 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

Recently I got a job in sales and I have been doing badly. I notice when I'm just grounded in being, people are quite receptive, but then I go into my scripted "pitch" and my buyer's interest wanes entirely. I want to do well in this job since it will help me financially if I can do well (6+ figures). However something inside won't allow me to be fake and manipulative the way my boss constantly says we need to be to attain results. 

I guess partially I haven't been given the tools to succeed at this job yet. I know nothing about the company and all I have is a generic sales script. Also I just started recently.

I've made considerable progress in terms of the Buddhist path. Thanks to Leo first and foremost. Don't know if these sort of attainments make it nearly impossible to excel in these fields of orange trees. Similar to trying to imagine Buddha being a pickup artist or money hungry business man or maybe something less dramatic since I probably cannot fathom his level of attainment.

Mods: pls. excuse me if I put this in the wrong subforum. Move it if necessary. Sorry for my absent mindedness.

Well speaking from experience you're not going to get any decent communication from upper management or training because it's sales positions have such a high turnover rate they just throw you out to the Wolves basically and the sales pitches are always the worst things you ever read in your entire life that make you feel super awkward when you try to do them. When I got back into sales several years ago I was about to get fired because going by the script I wasn't selling and my review is going to come up soon and I got tired of going by The Script and just decide to be myself and I sold a person so my boss said tell you what if you can sell I don't care how you do it do it however you want I said deal and within 90 days I broken all the records in the company got a couple of awards and two promotions

Don't try to be fake and manipulative. Just be honest but persuasive 

10 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

@universe actually, its a good product. but the approach is very low consciousness, and overtly manipulative... this tends to be the case in orange america. at the end of the day, even high consciousness products are produced, marketed, and sold with money in mind at the expense of everything else. 

If its a good product and its a win-win situation were you actually better the persons life I would say the end justifies the means. I would focus on making the sale a great experience where you can also connect with them and you should be fine.