SvanteTheBeast

Enlightenment-suicide

11 posts in this topic

I really am not planing for making suicide but I just dont understand this, if enlightenment is equal to death or ego death, why just dont make suicide?

Edited by SvanteTheBeast
wrote wrong

Enlightenment is not equivalent to ego death or death or suicide. Enlightened folks still have an ego/self.

I believe you misconstrue Enlightenment with enlightenment experiences.

Enlightenment experiences, otherwise known as Awakening experiences or mystical experiences, are temporary, temporal experiences one can have that cause ego death. But once the experience ends, the ego is back. Ego death is a temporary death, it is not the same as suicide. 

35 minutes ago, SvanteTheBeast said:

ok, so leo know is has an ego but can choose to not have a ego?

Leo is the ego/self. It's not that there is a person who has an ego. The person is the ego.

Just the name "Leo" is but one of a multitude of aspects that form the whole ego/self. 

yes, thank you but what im really asking is, if you really just want to be free from the ego and become enlighted why not just kill yourself

fuck, its really worth asking these questions here because its so fucking good answers that i couldnt see before. thats a really valid point and an eyeopener, thank you

@SvanteTheBeast Enlightenment will allow you to be free from the identity of ego. You will still have an ego, but not be attached to it, and ideally put an end to the suffering in life. This is something attainable while living.

Why would you commit suicide? You can live life and have the ability to step out of your ego identity.

1 hour ago, SvanteTheBeast said:

asking these questions

That makes everything possible for you. Keep askin. 

Death is hard to contemplate, because it’s like the word nonexistence. If it can lead anywhere, it’s to a good hearty laugh. Imagine lucid dreaming, knowing you are asleep and in your dream, and doing whatever you want in the dream - but worrying that you’re going to eventually wake up. Same thing goin on. It’s not possible to actually justify worrying, let alone that it is something. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I've noticed that Enlightened people tend to go the path of least resistance. They "ride the wave" of life more easily and are grateful for what life brings to them. And let's be honest, life doesn't bring suicide upon you Lol You Gotta work to put a gun up to head?Life won't do that for you. So I guess, the simplest answer is, Enlightened people emulate life and do what life does. And life doesn't commit suicide, so they don't