SQAAD

Leo If Everything is Meaningless then How do we have Love?

21 posts in this topic

Your statement in your Understanding Meaning, Purpose & Value video is that Everything is Meaningless & Pointless & that all meaning is relative & a conceptual construct.

If Everything is Meaningless then why do we talk about Love, Intelligence, Beauty. Aren't all these just meanings

If Everything has no Purpose then why do you say in your What is the Point of Life video that God wants/desires to know itself? That is a purpose!

I understand how all meanings are relative but i don't understand why they are conceptual constructs. Sometimes they are conceptual constructs but other times they are not.

For example an apple means tasty food for me. It makes me fool good. That's the meaning of an apple for me.  This is a fact, a relative truth not just  a conceptual construct.  An apple is not meaningless to me.  I am not projecting the meaning that an apple is tasty. This is just the truth for me in my direct experience.

Even when we say that something doesn't have any meaning that's still a meaning. It means that it has no meaning. So everything means something for a living creature. 

What do you mean by saying that things are meaningless? I don't get it.

I'm confused...

Edited by SQAAD

Love is Everything has no meaning. 

God is a hippie. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

16 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Your statement in your Understanding Meaning, Purpose & Value video is that Everything is Meaningless & Pointless & that all meaning is relative & a conceptual construct.

If Everything is Meaningless then why do we talk about Love, Intelligence, Beauty. Aren't all these just meanings

I understand how all meanings are relative but i don't understand why they are conceptual constructs. Sometimes they are conceptual constructs but other times they are not.

For example an apple means tasty food for me. It makes me fool good. That's the meaning of an apple for me.  This is a fact, a relative truth not just  a conceptual construct.  An apple is not meaningless to me. Even when we say that something doesn't have any meaning that's still a meaning. It means that it has no meaning. So everything means something for a living creature. 

I'm confused...

@SQAAD Everything is meaningless objectively but dont underestimate the profundity of subjectivity. 

If you are fundamentally God, then what does that make your subjective values?

Only consciousness can attribute value to anything. Since consciousness is pure subjectively, "objective meaning" is an oxymoron.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 @Matt8800

5 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@SQAAD Everything is meaningless objectively but dont underestimate the profundity of subjectivity. 

If you are fundamentally God, then what does that make your subjective values?

Only consciousness can attribute value to anything. Since consciousness is pure subjectively, "objective meaning" is an oxymoron.

How is everything meaningless objectively when all we have is subjectivity?

@zeroISinfinity

19 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Love is Everything has no meaning. 

God is a hippie. 

Why?

I can say that Love is Everything has meaning. Seems more true to me in my direct experience.

Meaning clearly exists for anyone with a subjective experience. We can't deny that. 

Love itself is a meaning because It means something.

37 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Meaning is relative.

Love, Intelligemce, and Beauty are Absolute.

Meaning limits love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@zeroISinfinity

Love itself is a meaning because It means something.

Yeah. ❤️

Well your direct experience is Love. 

Can you find any meaning without fabricating one? 

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Meaning limits love.

but that can`t also be true, because if it`s absolute you would limit love through saying meaning limits love. what about the other way round love limits meaning?

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

Love itself is a meaning because It means something

in a poetic sense i would not say that`s correct. i would even deny it on a scientiffic level, and i would deny that on a spiritual level - not because you try to say: love itself is a meaning because it`s meaningful, but because you say something (and it`s a critique on the english language) doesn`t really catch the meaning, a whatthing would be maybe a nice word or a iswhat or whatever word you would want to replace the thing that is not really an object. maybe in the sense of: meaning limits love: love itself is a meaning because it means somelove. i find that very limiting.

Edited by remember

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

@Matt8800 @Matt8800

How is everything meaningless objectively when all we have is subjectivity?

I think the better question is: when all you have is subjectivity, why would you think there is any meaning in objectivity?

There is no reason to think the objective even exists at all. 

Love is an attribute of consciousness. Consciousness is pure subjectivity. 

Edited by Matt8800

@SQAAD Meaning is only for the self/ego. That's relative meaning.

But from the ultimate point of view, there is no true and ultimate meaning.

1 minute ago, Maya_0 said:

@SQAAD Meaning is only for the self/ego. That's relative meaning.

But from the ultimate point of view, there is no true and ultimate meaning.

would even deny that, you just didn`t find it yet.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:01 PM, SQAAD said:

What is the Point of Life

I was watching @Leo Gura's video and I became more depressed when he talked about the meaninglessness of life.

I just don't know how to get out of the trap of meaninglessness; this trap is creating my depression.

It's awful. :( I can't describe it with words.

P.S: I'm becoming a good meditator and I'm experiencing the dark side of meditation.

Me on the road less traveled.

16 minutes ago, The Don said:

I was watching @Leo Gura's video and I became more depressed when he talked about the meaninglessness of life.

I just don't know how to get out of the trap of meaninglessness; this trap is creating my depression.

P.S: I'm becoming a good meditator and I'm experiencing the dark side of meditation.

Reality and life are not meaningless at all, in the same way reality and life is not redless or triangularless.

Meaning is a very specific aspect of Isness, reality/life are full of it.

No thing in reality carries another thing within. Sex for example does not contain meaning intrinsically. And obviously meaning does not contain sex.

It would be absurd to say something like "Is meaning sexful?", but that is precisely what you are doing, and interestingly also what Leo is doing. He can only say "Life is meaningless", because he is trapped in that game.

If he recognized meaning as itself, he would see it exists and is real and is part of Isness as anything else is. Experience is not meaningless, rather meaning is a very particular experience.

This whole game you are playing, which you are not conscious of, leads you to the nihilism you are experiencing. You are not observing meaning, but rather you are observing the relationship between meaning and other aspects of experience which you have created. Now that you see that relationship is arbitrary, you might lose the experience of meaning.

You can however experience meaning on it's own, as it is it's own experience, it's own dimension of Isness. You do not require anything to be meaningful for you to dwell and enjoy Meaning.

Rather than looking at experiences and looking at them as if they are meaningful or meangingless, look at experiences and realize whether the experience of meaning accompanies them or not. Meaning is more like a friend that comes along with other experiences, and you have confused that friend to be part of the other experiences.

It's a shock to you that Meaning is not part of the other experiences, leading you to currently reject Meaning. Poor little Meaning is utterly confused at how easily you discriminate against it, simply because you did not see how it was walking with, instead of being part of, other experiences.

You should welcome Meaning back, you have to accept it on it's own. This is like your girlfriend changing her clothes and you freaking out because you thought the clothes were part of her.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

@The Don Just as a suggestion read or better yet checkout the audio book "The Untethered Soul" -Michael A. Singer on YT.

Perhaps you need to un-tether from the mind and just let everything be.:)

15 hours ago, The Don said:

You have to ground yourself in the desire for Truth as opposed to meaning.

If Truth is what you most desire, and the Truth turns out to meaningless, you will be satisfied with it because what you really wanted was the Truth, regardless of what it is.

But if you want meaning more than Truth, then you're in trouble because of the Truth happens to be that all meaning is imaginary, you will have to deny it or act upset.

To desire Truth is to want it regardless of what it is. Truth for truth's sake.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

To desire Truth is to want it regardless of what it is. Truth for truth's sake.

Biggest mistake of my life. Why I was born naive good and honest Will never be able to forgive myself this. From All devils possible I had to be special snowflake.

Great question!

I have had many a concussion from banging my head against this stone wall... But - beyond the wall...

You're putting far too much emphasis on the masculine pole of spirituality: meaninglessness/emptiness/nothingness. This is half of the truth, which is itself only a portion of the Truth...

"Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other." - C.G Jung.

To most people I would say: "Life is meaningless. Everything is relative and all of your frenzied clambering is in vain; you are trying to win the un-winnable game."

But to you I would say: "Everything is profoundly, infinitely meaningful!"

...and I would never be lying! ;)

"O Zarathustra... to those who think as we do, all things themselves are dancing: they come and offer their hands and laugh and flee and come back. Everything goes, everything comes back; eternally rolls the wheel of being. Everything dies, everything blossoms again; eternally runs the year of being. Everything breaks, everything is joined anew; eternally the same house is being built. Everything parts, everything greets every other thing again; eternally the ring of being remains faithful to itself. In every Now, being begins; round every Here rolls the sphere There. The centre is everywhere. Bent is the path of eternity." - Thus Spoke Zarathustra: A Book for All and None.

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

LOVE IS THE EMPTY PLACE WHERE LONELINESS (MEANINGLESS) IS BORN

It's meaningful in its meaninglessness enough said hahaha.... we're all saying the same thing I think?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 10/13/2019 at 4:01 PM, SQAAD said:

If Everything has no Purpose then why do you say in your What is the Point of Life video that God wants/desires to know itself? That is a purpose!

For example an apple means tasty food for me. It makes me fool good. That's the meaning of an apple for me.  This is a fact, a relative truth not just  a conceptual construct.  An apple is not meaningless to me.  I am not projecting the meaning that an apple is tasty. This is just the truth for me in my direct experience.

Even when we say that something doesn't have any meaning that's still a meaning. It means that it has no meaning. So everything means something for a living creature. 

I'm confused...

Words are symbols of symbols.  There is really nothing to hold on to.  Meaning is like a hand grasping, but everything you touch turns to sand and slips away.  For the "I am", living is a constant terrifying free fall, so meaning is the structure it erects to find stability and comfort, that structure is perception.  Through perception it finds knowing, and this knowledge is its bed or seeming stability. 

It's like being dragged down a river, and free will is such that you cant control the river, and you cant ever get out of the river, but you can try very hard to swim back upstream, you can strain and try to make it to the bank, or to grasp at passing rocks and sticks, but you'll never pull yourself out of the river, because you are the river, what you've mistaken yourself for is the individual dream of the drowning man.

There is no way out, because in reality there is no one to get out, you are the drowning man, and you are the river, and therefore, being all of it, you're none of it.  You're nothing.

Edited by MiracleMan

Grace