King Merk

Fasting

8 posts in this topic

Fasting, both shorter duration such as intermittent periods (16-24hours) or longer duration such as multiple days/weeks has numerous scientifically verified health benefits. 

However, what I’m most interested in is the elevation fasting has on my level of consciousness  (especially longer duration fasts). I notice any time I do a multiple day fast, I slip into meditative/trance like states of elevated consciousness very easily and naturally. 

Everything slows down and I become much more present much more easily.

I’m wonder what experience my fellow actualizers have with fasting and if y’all feel it benefits you in your spiritual pursuits as well? 

Edited by King Merk

The game of survival cannot be won. 

Because the body is purifying itself so the mind calms down and when the mind calms down and eventually silenced, you are left with awareness/spirit thus truth. Having no food in your body = significantly less thoughts because everything is consciousness, everything effects everything. I have done all types of fasting, short fasts are great for cleaning the body and physical alignment where longer fasts are better for mental, emotional, spiritual alignment. Its always best when you fast from food to also fast from everything else besides water unless you know what you are doing. Fasting is like a week's vacation where you are in 24/7 meditation when done right, its life changing. Thanks for sharing :)

B R E A T H E

4 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

Drains too much energy.

Weird man, it should clean your guts and the next day use energy from food even better than normal. Try again or change the type of fasting.

Cheers,

Edited by Amilaer---

"I thought if you are a Buddhist you gonna be nice"

"Nope"

Fasting has a nice enjoyable feeling that I find blissful, clear-minded, light, joyous. I prefer to do it when I don't have to go outside the house, because the outside world can appear to me as more harsh during a fast.

I feel like fasting definitely has a positive effect on your baseline state of consciousness.  Been experimenting with fasting only the past couple months and already notice great energetic benefits.  I've realized how eating too much and too often bogs you down, and makes you feel 'heavy'.

3 minutes ago, AlterEgo said:

I feel like fasting definitely has a positive effect on your baseline state of consciousness.  Been experimenting with fasting only the past couple months and already notice great energetic benefits.  I've realized how eating too much and too often bogs you down, and makes you feel 'heavy'.

Yup I’ve been in full detox mode for weeks now and I have never felt so light, clear headed, high energy and healthy in my life. I’ve been mainly doing fruit and juice fasting but an occasional dry fast. The goal has been to get my kidneys filtering and allow the body to continue healing, draining mucus from various areas, improving the adrenal gland function. I’ve also grown back some hair as I’d been balding from over protein And caffeine consumption in the past. I don’t even consume hardly any protein anymore, yet my gym workouts are insanely intense. I did lose some weight and muscle at first but it has me amazed how strong and the level of endurance I have now that my cells are fully hydrated and I’ve gotten my lymphatic system flowing 

On 13.10.2019 at 8:47 AM, King Merk said:

Fasting, both shorter duration such as intermittent periods (16-24hours) or longer duration such as multiple days/weeks has numerous scientifically verified health benefits. 

However, what I’m most interested in is the elevation fasting has on my level of consciousness  (especially longer duration fasts). I notice any time I do a multiple day fast, I slip into meditative/trance like states of elevated consciousness very easily and naturally. 

Everything slows down and I become much more present much more easily.

I’m wonder what experience my fellow actualizers have with fasting and if y’all feel it benefits you in your spiritual pursuits as well? 

I can only confirm what you describe.

Moreover, long term fasting  (21+) brings you closer to death and one has to deal with it.

You can even cross the bounday of no return and you are physically gone ...

Jesus did not go into a desert for fun :D