King Merk

Can Enlightenment be your life purpose?

12 posts in this topic

My question is, can enlightenment/truth realization be one’s life purpose?

Context: A recent awakening experience made me realize that there is no inherent meaning to life. All meaning and value are simply concepts created by the mind to entertain/facilitate the survival the ego. This is no longer a belief in my head but a very real and direct realization.

I lost all passion for my job (which I loved and was my former life purpose) and wish to do nothing other than self inquire, meditate, and simply be a witness to life. All my basic needs in life are met. Is it possible that my “life purpose” has shifted towards the enlightenment process?

Before my awakening experience, enlightenment was a back burner pursuit. I was more on the spiritual/holistic personal development path but now literally all I can think about is getting down to the true nature of what the fucking voice in my head is. Not on a conceptual level as a belief. Like the shit I get from Leo’s videos. But rather on a very visceral or embodied level. Something I experience first hand.

I seek complete and utter self destruction. 

What do y’all think?? 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@King Merk this is natural my friend.  This is because Truth transcends the ego.  You still need to come full circle.  Even when you are fully awake you will have the knowledge that you are God - transcending death.  At that point what you do as the ego is completely up to you - because all form is relative.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Yes, but what are you gonna do with your life after awakening?

Life purpose only starts to get serious after awakening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, King Merk said:

I seek complete and utter self destruction

What do y’all think?? 

I think that you're lying to yourself.

You wouldn't even bother creating such thread and asking such question if it were true. You're still looking for some form of external validation, which is a mechanism of self maintenance.

unborn Truth

@King Merk The mystique of the dream board is seeing that all of this is already of your intention, desire, & will, unfolding perfectly. Seeing it, brings a bigger slice into focus, calms the over thinking, and renews the spirit & direction. Trying to sort it out in your mind (dualistically/nonsensically), makes it difficult to see how perfectly your “prior” life purpose & experience caterpillared into this cocoon...and what the coming chrysalis is. 

The expression of your deeper authentic desires shine grace into your world & reveal the sense of truth in a belief like this...

9 hours ago, King Merk said:

All meaning and value are simply concepts created by the mind to entertain/facilitate the survival the ego.

It might be a little merky at present, but there’s a creator in there, no doubt. 

Creating a mind only for the sake of it’s survival doesn’t make sense. 

That sense made the mind makes sense. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

17 hours ago, King Merk said:

My question is, can enlightenment/truth realization be one’s life purpose?

Context: A recent awakening experience made me realize that there is no inherent meaning to life. All meaning and value are simply concepts created by the mind to entertain/facilitate the survival the ego. This is no longer a belief in my head but a very real and direct realization.

I lost all passion for my job (which I loved and was my former life purpose) and wish to do nothing other than self inquire, meditate, and simply be a witness to life. All my basic needs in life are met. Is it possible that my “life purpose” has shifted towards the enlightenment process?

Before my awakening experience, enlightenment was a back burner pursuit. I was more on the spiritual/holistic personal development path but now literally all I can think about is getting down to the true nature of what the fucking voice in my head is. Not on a conceptual level as a belief. Like the shit I get from Leo’s videos. But rather on a very visceral or embodied level. Something I experience first hand.

I seek complete and utter self destruction. 

What do y’all think?? 

@King Merk I would suggest researching two subjects: Tantra and the Buddhist concept of "right action".

Tantra gives an intensity to the beauty of the journey. Strictly Buddhist and Yogic paths can be very dry by themselves. "Right action" is needed to become fully actualized imo. You dont need external purpose. You create purpose and meaning and move towards it like we dont have time to waste (we dont). Its a paradoxical striving without striving and attachment.

A good book for Tantra is Desire - The Tantric Path to Awakening

Edited by Matt8800

@ajasatya fucking A dude. You're right. I am validation seeking. I'm still seeking answers "out there" instead of focusing within on my direct experience. Thank you for shining light on that.

@Matt8800 wild, I just came across the concept of "right action" for the first time in a book I was reading yesterday. And now you bring it into my awareness for a second time, there must be something there for me... Thank you for the book reference. I'll look into the concept of tantra as well. 

Edited by King Merk

@King Merk  you have experienced truth my friend don't doubt yourself remember the ego always wants more more more. The further the space from your current self to your future self is more space for the ego to grow. 

Let things unfold on their own they will. If you've had the Deep realization you described it will happen regardless. 

Good luck my friend!!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

In all honesty, Enlightenment/Awakening is my life purpose. Nothing at all matters besides this, not relationships, friendships, family, sex, money, status, admiration, desires or comfort. 

You can meditate while going about work. Quietude isn't necessary (even though it does help). 

Sure,

but the enlightenment of everyone is much better.

i only attained enlightenment because my goal is the enlightenment of all within my very lifetime.

always set ludicrous, impossible goals if you plan on achieving anything worthwhile. That’s how it goes for everything.

I also want to be an advisor to CEO’s. Who knows if that will happen? It’s a massive goal. But because that’s my goal I’m guaranteed to do something huge for humanity in this life

Edited by Bobby