Pernani

Dealing with arising emotional baggage

8 posts in this topic

Been consistent with yoga and some shamanic breathing, now these past few days I've been going through a wave of depression and emptiness..

They say that these practices can help bring up emotional baggage to the surface so you can deal with them (or integrate them somehow?), and I think that's what's happening to me, although idk what it means to "deal" with these emotions or how to do it, I'm mostly just going with the flow binging on some low consciousness activities that bring me some comfort. 

49 minutes ago, Winter said:

It might just be regular backsliding.

Your ego integrated the idea of being good at yoga and now "you got it" so it tries to enter auto pilot and forget about the most important principles. Leo made a video about homeostasis which is the idea that you will always be dragged toward your "center of mass" by default and so you need to take the control and create the life you want to create by yourself.

For me "emotional baggage" is more like when I put myself into a neurotic situation because of any specific reason and then I accumulate bad energy because of all the thoughts that are coming without them being properly let go of. You might have an emotional baggage toward the idea that you are doing low consciousness activities (judgements toward your own identity). This happens a lot to me too, instead of judging yourself for not doing what you want you gotta let go and empty your mind of those judgements too.

It may very well be ego backlash, but how do you make the distinction ? To me whether I'm being pulled by homeostasis or having emotional shit arising out of nowhere, it just feels like another day where I'm feeling low

4 minutes ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@Pernani Reconnect to your vision. Remember your mortality.

What are you after? What are you willing to sacrifice in order to get there? 

Thanks, vision still under construction tho lol

I have also been feeling depressing emotions lately. And then I realized what Bruce Lipton has said about the conscious mind vs the subconscious mind, and if I remember correctly that the subconscious mind is a million times more powerful than the conscious mind. That's why things like positive thinking hardly works he said, because the subconscious is just like a tape player repeating old habits and even ancient biological instincts such as the fight or flight response even to fearful thoughts about the future. Totally irrational.

So my approach now is to continue with mindfulness practice and observe my thoughts and also observe my emotions, especially sensations in the body. That's a way of accessing the subconscious I believe. It's a massive process needed to change the subconscious but hopefully it's an accelerating process so that all the subconscious emotional mess becomes cleaned up faster and faster the more I practice.

12 hours ago, Winter said:

Why you are feeling down is something you can notice if you silence your mind. There's no quick fix or formula to figure out what's the source of your problem, you gotta check inside with consciousness work.

For me I mostly realize why I'm feeling down by either remembering an important personal development concept I had forgotten or trap I'm into. Awareness of that can lift me out of it. Or by using psychedelics.

Okay but I'm still confused about the whole concept of negative emotions arising from deep within, how does it look like in actuality and what's the correct way of dealing with them so that they won't reoccur again? I mean that's the whole point of emotional purification, to get rid of this baggage laying deep within, right? 

13 hours ago, Anderz said:

I have also been feeling depressing emotions lately. And then I realized what Bruce Lipton has said about the conscious mind vs the subconscious mind, and if I remember correctly that the subconscious mind is a million times more powerful than the conscious mind. That's why things like positive thinking hardly works he said, because the subconscious is just like a tape player repeating old habits and even ancient biological instincts such as the fight or flight response even to fearful thoughts about the future. Totally irrational.

So my approach now is to continue with mindfulness practice and observe my thoughts and also observe my emotions, especially sensations in the body. That's a way of accessing the subconscious I believe. It's a massive process needed to change the subconscious but hopefully it's an accelerating process so that all the subconscious emotional mess becomes cleaned up faster and faster the more I practice.

I feel something very limiting about this distinction of subconscious vs conscious, in actuality there's no subconscious, and everything you deal with and all your power takes place in your conscious experience. I can't really put it into words or explain it but I just have an intuitive aversion to the idea of the subconscious and giving it too much power

6 hours ago, Pernani said:

I feel something very limiting about this distinction of subconscious vs conscious, in actuality there's no subconscious, and everything you deal with and all your power takes place in your conscious experience. I can't really put it into words or explain it but I just have an intuitive aversion to the idea of the subconscious and giving it too much power

I think of it as "sub-conscious" as meaning processes going on below conscious awareness. Bruce Lipton gave a great example of subconscious vs conscious mind. Think of a situation where you are driving a car and are daydreaming or in a conversation with a passenger. Ten minutes or more can pass without you being aware of driving the car, because your conscious mind was occupied with daydreaming or in a conversation with the passenger. Lipton then asked: so who drove the car? Your subconscious mind did it for you automatically.

Another example you can test right now is to check if you are consciously aware of your breathing. If not, then your subconscious was doing the breathing for you automatically . Breathing is a curious process which usually is done automatically but the conscious mind can take over the control of the breathing. In that sense the conscious mind has more power. Bruce Lipton called the conscious mind the government of the body.

@Pernani One thing a lot of people seem to miss, is that the unconscious can be made conscious. And with that in mind, I don't see what's so limiting about it.

I am myself, heaven and hell.