Gnostic Christian

Please enlighten. Divine retribution and unconditional love. Can only one attribute b

28 posts in this topic

Divine retribution and unconditional love. Can only one attribute be real?

In the beginning, before creation, we are told, there was only Yahweh.

Yahweh, perfect in all attributes, then created a perfect universe, even though scriptures only call creation good, thanks to lack of faith or understanding of reality.

We are told that god loves all he created unconditionally, including us. 

We are also told that the vast majority of us will end in the purposeless tortures of hell and death.

That is divine retribution from god against those who we think imperfect sinners.

A god who loves all of creation unconditionally, due to being created perfect, as a perfect god would create, would not torture and kill his perfect souls.

Either there is no divine retribution, or there is no unconditional love. Unconditional love would overshadow ant divine retribution.

Divine retribution and unconditional love cannot both exist together in god, unless unconditional love can torture and kill what it loves, which is counter intuitive.

Can you solve this little conundrum?

Please enlighten.

Regards

DL

You must let go of Christianity.

If you care to discover God, burn all your Christian beliefs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Gnostic Christian said:

We are also told that the vast majority of us will end in the purposeless tortures of hell and death.

@Gnostic Christian Why do you believe something simply because you were told it? 

Your beliefs were determined by the geography of your birth. If you would have been born somewhere else, you would have been indoctrinated into another dogma.

We must think for ourselves and go find Truth.

Edited by Matt8800

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

So great to have this said. There is a growing number of religious folks on this forum. I was a lifelong Atheist (40 years). The moment I learned of Nonduality I gave it up of a belief of truth. You have to unlearn everything. Hardcoded beliefs only get in the way. 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:20 PM, Leo Gura said:

As a Gnostic Christian, most Christians think I already have.

What god have you discovered?

Regards

DL

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:29 PM, Matt8800 said:

Why do you believe something simply because you were told it? 

I do not believe, nor did I say I believe that foolishness.

Regards

DL

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:44 PM, Jed Vassallo said:

So great to have this said. There is a growing number of religious folks on this forum. I was a lifelong Atheist (40 years). The moment I learned of Nonduality I gave it up of a belief of truth. You have to unlearn everything. Hardcoded beliefs only get in the way. 

Non-duality? How does that work exactly?

Duality, if I can give us an issue to look at, says that the opposite of good is evil or that the opposite of hot is cold.

What does non-dualism say to these issues?

Just so you know. I do not see Yin and yang as opposites.

I see them more as compliments to each other like front and back.n

Regards

DL

@Gnostic Christian  To me Christianity especially the old testament was misinterpreted and was taken too literally. To me the bible is a spiritual book and a spiritual religion just like buddhism and so on but was taken literally and everything that is not Christianity is wrong and of the devil.

The god of the old testament was believed to be an entity a literal god in the clouds and made everything but that is taught wrong till Jesus came and thaught the truth. To me Jesus became enlightened and was trying to teach people but it flew over there heads cause they were of a lower consciousness. Jesus taught about the real God which is Yahweh but not an entity but Emptiness. The religious people were loyal to who they  perceived Yahweh was and that is why the crucified Jesus imo.

How did God make the universe or what is? Is in the bible, God said: Let there be light. Christians think God made it that there was night and day but to me God made consciousness/light/everything.

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

On 10/16/2019 at 8:51 PM, Joker_Theory said:

@Gnostic Christian  To me Christianity especially the old testament was misinterpreted and was taken too literally. To me the bible is a spiritual book and a spiritual religion just like buddhism and so on but was taken literally and everything that is not Christianity is wrong and of the devil.

The god of the old testament was believed to be an entity a literal god in the clouds and made everything but that is taught wrong till Jesus came and thaught the truth. To me Jesus became enlightened and was trying to teach people but it flew over there heads cause they were of a lower consciousness. Jesus taught about the real God which is Yahweh but not an entity but Emptiness. The religious people were loyal to who they  perceived Yahweh was and that is why the crucified Jesus imo.

How did God make the universe or what is? Is in the bible, God said: Let there be light. Christians think God made it that there was night and day but to me God made consciousness/light/everything.

Here is a video from Bentinho Massaro posted today about what i said how God  created the universe or whatever you want to call it. God said let there  be light and light appeared. He says that even the light has a source which i God/nothingness/emptiness so that is how God created everything with light. Even Jesus said that his fathers kingdom is within and without.

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

On 10/16/2019 at 11:28 AM, Gnostic Christian said:

Non-duality? How does that work exactly?

Duality, if I can give us an issue to look at, says that the opposite of good is evil or that the opposite of hot is cold.

What does non-dualism say to these issues?

Just so you know. I do not see Yin and yang as opposites.

I see them more as compliments to each other like front and back.

Regards

DL

You are on a Nonduality forum, that follows the teachings of a Nonduality teacher. Watch his videos to get your answers. 

On 10/16/2019 at 1:51 PM, Joker_Theory said:

You're on the right path @Joker_Theory

@Gnostic Christian You ARE consciousness.  You are the whole fucking thing.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Good to know, thank you. :)

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:51 PM, Joker_Theory said:

Lets see what the brighter people thought and still think of the literal reading of myths.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards

DL

20 hours ago, Joker_Theory said:

Here is a video from Bentinho Massaro posted today about what i said how God  created the universe or whatever you want to call it. God said let there  be light and light appeared. He says that even the light has a source which i God/nothingness/emptiness so that is how God created everything with light. Even Jesus said that his fathers kingdom is within and without.

You are speaking of what Gnostic Christian preach and that Christianity rejected on issues of where god resides.

Good for you.

Regards

DL

Gnostic-savior-quote.png

20 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

You are on a Nonduality forum, that follows the teachings of a Nonduality teacher. Watch his videos to get your answers. 

So you cannot explain it.

Ok.

If you could not get it from his video, what makes you think I will?

Regards

DL

20 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

You ARE consciousness.  You are the whole fucking thing.

Yes. I know.

Regards

DL

On 10/16/2019 at 11:21 AM, Gnostic Christian said:

As a Gnostic Christian, most Christians think I already have.

What god have you discovered?

Regards

DL

@Gnostic Christian Anyone that thinks they know the name of God or its attributes doesnt yet know God. There is only ONE, and that includes in it the "evil" and the "bad".

There are many traditions that have a word/name that points to the ineffable ONE but they are just words.

2 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@Gnostic Christian Anyone that thinks they know the name of God or its attributes doesnt yet know God. There is only ONE, and that includes in it the "evil" and the "bad".

There are many traditions that have a word/name that points to the ineffable ONE but they are just words.

The bible belies your foolish thinking. You should consider reading it.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards

DL

Gnostic-savior-quote.png

@Gnostic Christian  It is ok to discuss religious teachings in the larger context of spirituality, self actualization and consciousness. However, it is against forum guidelines to dogmatically promote any religion or to incite religious debate.