Raptorsin7

Question for Enlightened Members

4 posts in this topic

Do you still feel like you are in control of your own experience or has the illusion of personal will been completely lost? How has your experience changed in relation to effort and feeling like you in are in control, compared to when you weren't enlightened?

17 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Do you still feel like you are in control of your own experience or has the illusion of personal will been completely lost?

It's been completely lost

17 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

How has your experience changed in relation to effort and feeling like you in are in control, compared to when you weren't enlightened?

I still distinguish effort from effortless. It's just that regardless of whether or not I have to use effort it doesn't have a 'self' component to it. It kind of feels like a metta conscious perspective all the time. Before, I was much more self-conscious and had much much more and louder voice in the head. The effort is still tiring to the body and mind but it doesn't corrupt that metta conscious perspective.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

It's a realization that you are completely free and it's who you've always been we are free we are free ..it is your mind holding the jail cell key if they lock me up I will Enlighten everyone or not and that will be good enough for me do you see can u see?

Are you willing to let go and see what's already there?

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 10/12/2019 at 0:42 PM, Raptorsin7 said:

Do you still feel like you are in control of your own experience or has the illusion of personal will been completely lost? How has your experience changed in relation to effort and feeling like you in are in control, compared to when you weren't enlightened?

There’s been multiple realizations in which on the one hand it’s understood that choices are happening and solutions to life situations are being thought about.  And on the other it’s understood that this all arises mysteriously, not of ones control nor need to know how.  This has brought about a much more relaxed free and unconcerned functioning in general.  

But going through this transition was not a comfortable process. The last thing most people/minds want to realize and see first hand is they are not in control. Hopefully one gets to a place where one just lets go and surrenders to the naturalness of this very obvious truth and then a big shift happens. But again this can feel like a life and death thing, and it kinda is. 

Another thing is don’t go into this with the idea that You will disappear or be taken over by some higher self. This was a mental projection I and others have made about this enlightenment thing. It’s always the conscious You that’s been here and will remain in this shift.