Cocolove

Why green Scandinavia is happier

11 posts in this topic

Great green perspective on happiness based on social systems. orange v green

1 hour ago, Meta-Man said:

I live in green Scandinavia, and I wouldn’t say people are happy. Why? Because they don’t know God. Physically comfortable perhaps, but still suffering from endless unsatisfactoriness, stuck on the hedonic treadmill. 99.9% of people lack perspective and therefore gratitude for the current situation. But yes, our system is probably the best in the world at the moment. The results from the recent local election (Norway) suggests it is getting even greener

Do you see that the lack of sun have a impact in mood and depression or is just a  stereotype?

39 minutes ago, Moreira said:

Do you see that the lack of sun have a impact in mood and depression or is just a  stereotype?

People tend to go outside less when its dark during winter (Especially when its like -25c outside). I dont know if its contributor to melancholy or the result of depression due to the darkness.

I'd say its one of the factors that have helped northeners grow inside. Imagine doing 3 months retreat each year when all we had was horses to move around and only a book or two to read, if you were able to read B|

Edit: Or instead of growing northeners the solitude probably just made us alcoholics. Lol

Edited by Hansu

24 minutes ago, Shiva said:

A friend of mine from Finland recently: "I hate my ancestors. Who the F had the terrible idea to settle here? It's cold, wet, first we don't get any sun for 6 months, then we get only sun for 6 months. Humans really should be here." xD

Ok, this wasn't meant to be serious of him, but what is true apparently is that they have more issues with depression, alcoholism and suicides.

Absolutely :) 

Also current mostly muslim immigration puts pressure on local population etc.  

Scandinavians have more freedom and a higher quality of life. I'm currently reading a book called "The Nordic Theory of Everything" which describes a woman's journey from Finland to the US and adapting to a cut-throat fast paced society. Interesting read.

But yeah, that whole lack of sun thing is a bitch. I lived in Portland OR for 3.5 years and it really sucked the life out of me. I'm back in Southern California now. After a while you get used to the sun and the honeymoon period wears off. One thing is for sure though, I never complain about the weather :)

Scandinavian - from my perspective Swedish -  "green" is a problematic green with a lot of shadow work to be done, not the least seen in the younger generation, where the message comes across single minded and more dictatorial than a yellow tinted green that breath healthiness. It's progression though, it will take time to mature.

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Because Psilocybe semilanceatas are growing everywhere in Scandinavia and every fool have learned to recognize them :D 

But, finland takes away a lot of happiness through military conscription.

@ivory Here in Iceland people love the dark because you get insane aurora and lit up sky of stars. 

Also the cold is quite refreshing, I myself love it. But after a long dark winter, the sun is always welcome. ^_^

@Cocolove Used to do it all the time as a kid. Now I'm all into climbing the highest mountains I can find. ^_^