Chumbimba

Enlightenment Intensives in Europe

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know about any enlightenment intensives or meditation retreats in Europe. Preferably near Spain ? I tried Rupert Spira’s events, but my schedule doesn’t fit with his events. 

If you mean literally enlightenment intensives, the ones where you do dyads for 3 days and ask the question 'Who am I', then there is a great place in Bath, England. Highly recommend. The site is amazing, the facilitators wonderful.

http://ei-bath.info/

If you mean just a general retreat (like the one with Rupert), there's a lot all around.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

On 10/12/2019 at 7:20 PM, Girzo said:

You can always go to Vipassana.

I googled retreats but did not find anything credible.

You go to dhamma.org and there for sure will be something within reasonable distance from you.

@Buba

Edited by Girzo

@Chumbimba Hey so there are some in Italy as well as in England. Enlightenment intensives are by far very amazing retreats and most definitely are superior to vipassana and pretty much every solo retreat I have ever done. They are most effective if your willing to be Truly authentic, and you want the truth which you do because you are inquiring into it. I have done a 2-week enlightenment intensive in BATH, England and had a massive amount of growth and huge increase in authenticity, emotional stability, and clarity as well as direct experiences and a huge increase in intuition. The ones in Italy are supposed to be really good I think those teachers actually studied and practiced with Lawrence Noyes before he went into Mahasamadhi and discontinued physicality. 

Also one huge thing I forgot to mention is a huge increase in having deeper and more compassionate interactions with people. Just do it. This is your confirmation. I don't discredit Vipassana's but many people who have done both 3 day enlightenment intensive and 10 day Vipassanas pretty much all agree that Enlightenment intensives are a much more productive endeavor. 

https://www.enlightenment-intensive.net/en/enlightenmentintensives.php

On 10/22/2019 at 1:39 AM, White Monk said:

...  but many people who have done both 3 day enlightenment intensive and 10 day Vipassanas pretty much all agree that Enlightenment intensives are a much more productive endeavor. 

Thanks for opinion, I was just looking into UK and Italy events.

Productive from the point of view of self?