7thLetter

Should Actualized.org be focused on helping those lower on the Spiral?

Should Actualized.org focus on helping those lower on the Spiral?   49 members have voted

1. 1. Should Leo take step back for a second and create videos on more practical topics?

• Yes, I agree
    • No I disagree, keep the content as advanced as possible

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura...(or anyone else)  [FYI this post is kind of off topic].   Do you or anyone else have any advice or resources if someone is hovering around the Purple/Red area of the spiral?  It's a general question I know (especially considering the different lines of development), but I guess I want more clarity as to my position on the spiral.  Would doing more of a certain type of personal development be more appropriate for growth at certain stages than others (e.g., shadow work, more social types of work, different modes of therapy, to psychedelic or to not psychedelic, etc.)?

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

On 11/10/2019 at 2:02 PM, Leo Gura said:

So much work, so little time.

Yep :) It is beautiful. Flow and Echo. Your Aztec Non-Duality video really helped with this. Understanding Conscious Creation on a conceptual level and then attempting to execute such from a limited sub-system, relative human perspective fills and drives me with passion and joy. Teotl's artistry is a fucking honor to flow with.

There is so much self help, business, developmental psychology etc etc information currently available that one could spend the next tens years pouring oneself into it and still have juice left over to squeeze and integrate. Bald Yoga is dropping gold no one else is dropping. It would be more valuable for the whole spiral and Leo himself if he perhaps just pointed people in the direction of such content and focused on his higher teachings?

It would be more valuable for the whole spiral if we Ourselves took up the torch of creation and Spiral Wizardy and became teachers to the whole by pushing out Self Actualization content. 

On 11/10/2019 at 0:45 PM, Commodent said:

I do, however, want his videos to be as advanced as absolutely possible. His depth and vast worldview is his greatest asset, and I don't want to put any restrictions on him sharing that with us. If you need more basic self-help go watch Tony Robbins or something.

To sum it all up, I would like to see more originality and creativity in his videos, but I don't want them to be less advanced.

This

Teotl.png

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

@Matt23 If someone is Stage Purple in the first world they are extremely naive and very rare. They would most likely be within the third world. Such a person needs basic education and a view of functional government, politics, larger geopolitical systems. Basically, an internet connection, computer, a working skull and the education to understand what one sees.

Stage Red needs the above along with education on emotions, psychology, shadow work and the like. Broadly and roughly speaking there are two kinds of Stage Red. Narcissistic Tyrants and Self-Oppressed drug addicts, alcoholics and the like. Both need help understanding themselves and the systems that they are but a small cog within which will help them become more compassionate and in the latter case, sober up, enabling them to become a functioning proficient part of the society that they are currently leeching from.

One can be Stage Red solely on a financial basis. Scarcity helps promote ill mental health and neediness. Education around money and typical self help work that enables garnering of financial safety is a foundational step in ones development. 

If someone needs therepy and help from others and such is accessible to them, they should/could embrace it. The problem is latently developed people fear such help and often have to be coaxed into it all slowly. You're here seeking answers of your own accord so you're already on the path to understanding my friend :) Follow the process and be patient. It all compounds and we can all flourish faster than we first think.

* Radical Honesty by Brad Blanton

* Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman

* Seeds of Your Success by Eben Pagan (expensive course, but you'll find it somewhere if you search)

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

@SoothedByRain After reading this post and the Greuger theory of development, I think a large part of me is hovering around the "Self-Oppressed" version of stage Red.  Addictions have played a large role in my life.  Though, maybe simply on certain lines of development.  

Thanks for the info.

A further couple of questions potentially worth pondering:  

- Are sub-selves within each person at various levels on the spiral or does spiral dynamics include those sub-selves (or sub-personalities) when it distinguishes between stages?  Put another way, do higher stages have less sub-personalities since they are more integrated?

- Is neurosis a sign of stage (particularly lower stages), or do higher stages have "higher" neuroses?  If neuroses are signs of stages, when people of higher stages display neuroses, are they temporarily moving back down to lower stages?  This could also tie into sub-personalities being activated at certain times and, if a particular one isn't as developed as the majority of the rest, it bringing down that person to a lower stage for a time.