Psyche_92

My daily habit routine imploded

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

About 2 months ago i decided to stop whining and take total responsibility for my life. 

I ended up creating a daily structured morning routine, containing: meditation (1h), waking up early (4am), reading (30min), 100-200 pushups, running outside (5km), cold shower,.. 

Besides that i also included doing chores in and around the house ( cleaning, gardening,..)

Everything was working out pretty well, until 2 weeks ago when i had to stop running and ended up injuring my left leg. This is where it all went down hill. I stopped running, started sleeping in late again, feeling lazy again. From there on my routine imploded like a house of cards, and now i can't even get myself to read for 30mins anymore.

What do i do?

What's stopping you? 

What got you into action last time?

You got caught in downward momentum. The first day might be hard, but you can get back on track. 

Be gentle and loving towards yourself; Do not blame yourself for not following that routine. Instead, slowly build up towards that spiral of positive momentum again, and you will soon realize that a life full of self-imposed challenges (like your morning routine) is a good life. Don't be discouraged!

Scale down your morning routine while your leg hurts. Scale it back up gradually.

Learn to scale down rather than give up at the first sign of difficulties.

Edited by CreamCat

@Psyche_92 If you've done it before, you can do it again.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

4 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Scale down your morning routine while your leg hurts. Scale it back up gradually.

Learn to scale down rather than give up at the first sign of difficulties.

I couldn't agree more with this! 

Edited by Taurian91819
Missing word

@Psyche_92 Perhaps your routine is a bit too hardcore. Review it and adjust where necessary. Also are you an all or nothing kind of person? If so, why is that? Start with changing one thing and integrate then another then another. Rather than five at once, or you'll just reach burn out. 

Start small. Build one or two habbits a month, make them stick.

Everyone falls off the wagon. The key is to accept it, not stay down too long and get back up. 

Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

I don't know how serious your injury is, but recognize that your body genuinely needs energy to heal, so resting when injured is not a failure of will, it's necessary. 

Otherwise, please listen to other people, my daily routines suck :)