John Iverson

Is weed good for adhd? Tomorrow i'm going to buy it for the first time is it worth it

42 posts in this topic

Cognitive Functioning of Long-term Heavy Cannabis Users Seeking Treatment

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/194703

Cannabis Use and Cerebrovascular Disease

https://journals.lww.com/theneurologist/Abstract/2004/01000/Cannabis_Use_and_Cerebrovascular_Disease.5.aspx

Brain Morphological Changes and Early Marijuana Use

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J069v19n01_01#.Ugll81MmzUV

Cannabis use and progressive cortical thickness loss in areas rich in CB1 receptors during the first five years of schizophrenia

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0924977X10001860

There is a huge bias around Cannabis use and it's harmlessness, despite evidence showing quite the opposite especially in heavy and younger users. You should basically stay away from it until you reach 25 years/your brain is fully developed and even after that do not use it on a too regular basis.

Glory to Israel

9 hours ago, JonasVE12 said:

For example, once I was sitting outside with a friend, while smoking some weed, at some insight hit me about the duality between my body and the external world, and I realised there is no external world, and that that duality is a projection your mind creates (every duality is). The cells in my body do make it convincing that I'm seperate from reality, right? From that time, my awareness started dis-identifying with my physical body

Thank you for this information 

51 minutes ago, johncakecream said:

stay sober and lucjd friend....that's reality.

Thank you for the reminder friend ?

In my personal experience, no.

I've been diagnosed with ADD when I was 18. I've used cannabis almost daily between my 20th and 22nd year. Cannabis is a wonderful substance, I've grown a lot using it, but it sure hasn't helped my ADD. For me, the condition worsened when I smoked.

I quit smoking altogether at the beginning of this summer. I still have cravings sometimes, especially when I'm stressed or bored, not cool.

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

22 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Marihuana use is (potentially) associated with increased risk of lung cancer and inflammation of the respiratory tract. I would say that beats any potential benefit? 

no.

working and getting monney in the now by having focus is more important than 100% good health. ( it depends the trade )

and smoking "ONLY" weed, and 3 cigaret a day will not kill you, it could, as everything in life at a degree.

my father smoked 20 cigs per day for "30" years ( with 3 breaks of ~3 years ), he is still working, efficient, and physical. (- 55y )

I mean it's easy to say, don't take something that cost a bit of your health, but gives you power to work and having good time now and buy health.

you can think long term, but you should think both, average.

But the trick is with weed, you can quickly go too far, but the thing good with weed, it doesn't make you dysfunctional. ( unless some people react hard )

it's a paradox, but If weed was the only drug and that you stay out of sugar/coffee/ ( in low range ) and no cigs / no alcohol, you should be fine having a solid health.

You could even smoke pot in electrics cigs now, probably less harsh for lungs.

The trick it's like "microdosing weed" and not go for a high doses.

my bet was do it without weed, but it's like "go factory without coffee", it depends the jobs and goal and the one who will do it and the reaction.

in video games aswell I was doping my character to farm the quest faster.

in art, taking weed is my coffee.

but drugs for work is a dangerous trade, but all humans are doped anyway for work, as it is counter intuitive for humans to be slaving 8 hours a day, of course we drug ourself.

it just depend if you use it for performance or for escape reality

16 hours ago, Scholar said:

Cognitive Functioning of Long-term Heavy Cannabis Users Seeking Treatment

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/194703

Cannabis Use and Cerebrovascular Disease

https://journals.lww.com/theneurologist/Abstract/2004/01000/Cannabis_Use_and_Cerebrovascular_Disease.5.aspx

Brain Morphological Changes and Early Marijuana Use

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J069v19n01_01#.Ugll81MmzUV

Cannabis use and progressive cortical thickness loss in areas rich in CB1 receptors during the first five years of schizophrenia

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0924977X10001860

There is a huge bias around Cannabis use and it's harmlessness, despite evidence showing quite the opposite especially in heavy and younger users. You should basically stay away from it until you reach 25 years/your brain is fully developed and even after that do not use it on a too regular basis.

that's fear based review.

schizophrenia is a delusion, it truly doesn't exist, if you didn't had been schizophrenic for at least one month in your life, it means you never wake up.

that's when things like synchronicity and reality morph happen.

people who didn't loose their mind, they never passed the ego filter, they still understand duality as a concept/word.

no duality is being on the border of insanity, it's like loosing any sense of duality. The ego start having big fear and will cling to the bs of the past ultra hard to not "suffer". but you must to go out of it. The ego is the schizophrénia. And what we call skyzophrenia is when the ego is dissolving from his own bullshit.

for me all humans have the potential to be schizophrenic, and the disease stay if you keep believing it's not your own instinct/soul, as long as you stay asleep you'll stay skyzo.

in fact that's a good thing to get it, that's the big door before truth.

so in fact weed is as powerful as dmt in term of growth, but it takes MORE MORE time to having realisations from it.

1 hour ago, Aeris said:

working and getting monney in the now by having focus is more important than 100% good health. ( it depends the trade )

absolutely not , that's a very orange perspective and one that will lead you to early grave. 

1 hour ago, Aeris said:

and smoking "ONLY" weed, and 3 cigaret a day will not kill you, it could, as everything in life at a degree.

who talked about cigarettes and why would you even bring that in. Cigarette smoking is absolutely and directly linked to lung cancer. If X amount is risky it does not mean that X/3 is not. "everything in moderation" is a typical excuse of people who have weak willpower. 

1 hour ago, Aeris said:

my father smoked 20 cigs per day for "30" years ( with 3 breaks of ~3 years ), he is still working, efficient, and physical. (- 55y )

Completely anecdotal evidence. 55 is not even that old. Usually smokers start getting respiratory problems in mid 60s, some even later. By the time they start seing little bits of their lungs appearing on their palm every time they sneeze it is 20 years too late. If you love your father you will do everything in your power to cut that down. 

Look at the large epidemiological studies done on hundreds of thousands of people. There is clear indication of dramatically increased risk. Some people are more reistant than other by having stronger genetic resilience and more active P450 enzyme family. Your father may be one of them. On the other hand are tens of thousands of men currently undergoing chemotherapy for metastatic lung cancer that is destroying their life, happiness, eating up their savings and ruining peace in family. Would you rather play russian rulette with your genetics and risk a disease that has 15% survival rate? 

What I read are lots of poor excuses steming from insufficient willpower and willingness to do hard work. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Addiction is not about the substance but what the substance cover in you when you consume it. I think a lot of people use it to escape from something, instead of looking into why they have something that they need to escape from, and do something about it. By saying that you have ADHD, you're giving yourself an excuse to fail, and fooling yourself that you need something to accommodate. Have you thought about why and how long you've been hearing this excuse in your mind? That's the question I think you should ask yourself. 

Try it and see if it resonates with you. Cannabis was a huge stepping stone for me in my journey of personal growth. Don't get in a habit of smoking it, but only do it once in a while. If your diet and exercise are on point smoking every once in a while, especially if its not a harsh pipe or a blunt, is going to have a negligible effect on your lungs. But I would recommend making a home made edible with the bud for the most spiritual effect. Don't listen to anyone who just automatically suggests its going to be addictive, it can be, but thats far from the case for everyone. You could be missing out on something that will open your mind up to new ideas and insights about yourself. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Salutations John Iverson,

On 10/9/2019 at 10:55 PM, John Iverson said:

...how to do it right?  ...  ...is it possible?

M'well, i think that's one crucial problem with cannabis, or more precisely the ways to vilify it.  The plant itself used to be relatively safe and can even be made beneficial, but it seems to me typical initiations expose to the acquisition/development of problematic habits for reasons i've tried to explain elsewhere (*) some while ago.  Mainly it's about a lack of metered dosing, extreme genetic selection and potential contaminants (legal or otherwise).

These days "vaping deaths" appear to confirm my personal belief that "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation" can help to avoid vilification by dosing abuse and chronic self-poisoning.  Instead of e-Cigs lets consider the venerable/expensive Volcano vaporizer, for example.  Although this machine effectively offers deep extraction its associated ritual induces apprehension if not impatience from the long 2 ~ 3 minutes required to fill a bag, consequently the user usually wants to empty it once ready and this alone challenges dosing IMO.  Not to mention being confronted to a paradox when seeking improved aroma/taste appreciation as the larger bowls (~300 mg) produce more hints compared to a load reduced tenfold...  In essence failure to perform the ultimate toke promotes an obcessional loop because the more one tries the more he's likely to fail while already passing the threshold of micro-dosing.  In addition, the Volcano and its vast suite of emulators happens to belong to what i call Hot Dry Air Ovenizers;  which ain't too bad if dealing with dry flowers of trustable origin and nature.  Most unfortunately "legaleezation" caused industrial processing to spread multiple vilification vectors like "tumbling" which effectively raises the vegetal-to-trichome ratio, leaving behind more tissue impregnated with all sorts of Pest Control Products, poorly documented and even less understood in a long-term context involving "soups" of such contaminants (on top of "secret" additives).  These last few years in Canada there's been multiple myclobutanil scandals though their impact was minimized by mass media, officials of Public Health seem  even prompt to refer to "chemiophobia" as an excuse, actually dismissing serious complaints from medical patients made even more ill.  Briefly put LPs worked hard to define low concentrations that may be declared "safe" for incidental use, but the fact is that there are a hundred products already and nobody knows what happens to human health when these are combined by the dozen in a chronic use context.  At that point we're talking "mari-caca", now imagine performing deep extraction on it (plus secondary reactions from ovenizing)!

In comparison i favour "1-Hit" consumption methods where a limited amount of energy matches some intended goal like to only target the contact surface of a smaler bowl, aiming for 25 ~ 30 mg tokes instead.  The challenge here is to compensate a reduced cloud size with enhanced aroma/taste appreciation (doing more with less), which i believe to require a radical change of extraction strategy i've associated to impulse mode instead of popular thermalization.  I could develop further but my point is that i find quite problematic to suggest alternatives to the cigarette/"joint" format.

Overall, cannabis ends up being systematically vilified simply because there are no proper consumption methods breaking a "session" into smaller chunks that conveniently allow the user to leave it there after a few tokes only.  Many decades ago i tried a smoker tool which contained the fumes between 2 inhalations, in retrospective i must argue it felt like being stressed by time, because i didn't want my fire to extinguish and it multiplied losses to light up again in between 2 extractions...  So, the more i tried the more i failed while accumulating frustration;  such paradox was a short cut to systematic abuse that eventually required frequent "Tolerance-Breaks", so i could abuse again.

Metered dosing alternatives have been explored by Syqe and more recently Grenco/Vapium (Accudose) but i yet have to know what's inside, so i certainly can't pretend these are valid smoke substitutes that i'd be ready to evaluate myself, much less recommend with confidence.

Last but not least, i wish to post this evocative graphic resulting from an old article:

Animation for 2-to-1 THC vs CBD Ratio .GiF

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/understanding-marijuana-thc-cbd-levels
Leafly:  How to help consumers understand the amount of THC and CBD in their cannabis (2017-Nov-29)

It provides some perspective on possible explanations as to why cannabis markets focus on extreme genetic selection, e.g. either recreative THC-centric or more recently Full-CBD/1:1 for medical applications.  My point is that if it's true THC and CBD are mutual moderators of each other then persons prone to marginal reactions should aim for the 2:1 (3:1 or even 4:1...) void left relatively unexplored even after "legaleezation".  Dealing with conditions as ADHD i'd strongly suggest to stay away from extreme boundaries potentially amplified by other vilification factors as i just mentioned...

What i'm saying i guess is that it's a bad idea to combust THC-centric stuff that was sprayed with industrial soups of pesticides, insecticides, miticides, fungicides, nematicides, bactericides - not even by using a fancy deep-extraction ovenizer, etc., etc.  Hence i wish you luck!

Good day, have fun!!  B|

Edited by Egzoset
Proof-reading.

Some strains are good for ADHD (at very low dosage) but you want to focus more on CBD than THC for medical/neurological issues as high THC can actually make it worse. THC is more for cancer and life-threatening diseases. CBD is for everything else.

Both in a balanced ratio is my preference. 1:1 to 2:1 to 3:1 Ratios CBD to THC are great for most medical issues.

https://www.alpha-cat.org/resources/understand-and-interpret-the-cbd-thc-ratios/

Here is some popular strains for ADHD https://www.leafly.com/strains/lists/condition/add-adhd

I personally never consume weed anymore unless i have CBD with it or know the strains THC/CBD and terpinoid profile.

Look into essential oils for ADHD and their link to cannabinoids. For example: If you apply Lavender oil on skin before you get high, it will be much more calming and anti-anxiety/anti-depressant than on its own. Or if you take Lemongrass essential oil beforehand, the high will be more Euphoric and longer lasting.

Vetiver Essential Oil is said to be one of the best for ADHD. Study terpenes, they are amazing!

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

On 10/11/2019 at 10:23 AM, FredFred said:

In my personal experience, no.

I've been diagnosed with ADD when I was 18. I've used cannabis almost daily between my 20th and 22nd year. Cannabis is a wonderful substance, I've grown a lot using it, but it sure hasn't helped my ADD. For me, the condition worsened when I smoked.

I quit smoking altogether at the beginning of this summer. I still have cravings sometimes, especially when I'm stressed or bored, not cool.

I have my plan doing it, instead of taking it like every common people doing it daily, because of the addictive potential of weed i will make take it every 2 rest days... for example i will use it monday then tuesday and wednesday is rest day for the mind, body and brain to heal and for body to marinate , and for me not to have tolerance... how about that? Hmmm??

Edited by John Iverson

7 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Try it and see if it resonates with you. Cannabis was a huge stepping stone for me in my journey of personal growth. Don't get in a habit of smoking it, but only do it once in a while. If your diet and exercise are on point smoking every once in a while, especially if its not a harsh pipe or a blunt, is going to have a negligible effect on your lungs. But I would recommend making a home made edible with the bud for the most spiritual effect. Don't listen to anyone who just automatically suggests its going to be addictive, it can be, but thats far from the case for everyone. You could be missing out on something that will open your mind up to new ideas and insights about yourself. 

There! You said it right tho! Hahaha hm yes i am aware of the addicitive potential of weed, my 2nd time puffing it with my hippie friends in a rice field at night man! I experience that thing and now i said, ah! Okay so this is the potential addictive of weed... my plan is to use it every 3rd day, 2 days in between is for my body mind and brain to heal, and to give them time to subside , to make them do what they can do, i am going to rest my mind, body and brain for 2 days and for the 3rd day i will use it, also because of the addictive potential of it i won't do it daily....

7 hours ago, Egzoset said:

Salutations John Iverson,

M'well, i think that's one crucial problem with cannabis, or more precisely the ways to vilify it.  The plant itself used to be relatively safe and can even be made beneficial, but it seems to me typical initiations expose to the acquisition/development of problematic habits for reasons i've tried to explain elsewhere (*) some while ago.  Mainly it's about a lack of metered dosing, extreme genetic selection and potential contaminants (legal or otherwise).

These days "vaping deaths" appear to confirm my personal belief that "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation" can help to avoid vilification by dosing abuse and chronic self-poisoning.  Instead of e-Cigs lets consider the venerable/expensive Volcano vaporizer, for example.  Although this machine effectively offers deep extraction its associated ritual induces apprehension if not impatience from the long 2 ~ 3 minutes required to fill a bag, consequently the user usually wants to empty it once ready and this alone challenges dosing IMO.  Not to mention being confronted to a paradox when seeking improved aroma/taste appreciation as the larger bowls (~300 mg) produce more hints compared to a load reduced tenfold...  In essence failure to perform the ultimate toke promotes an obcessional loop because the more one tries the more he's likely to fail while already passing the threshold of micro-dosing.  In addition, the Volcano and its vast suite of emulators happens to belong to what i call Hot Dry Air Ovenizers;  which ain't too bad if dealing with dry flowers of trustable origin and nature.  Most unfortunately "legaleezation" caused industrial processing to spread multiple vilification vectors like "tumbling" which effectively raises the vegetal-to-trichome ratio, leaving behind more tissue impregnated with all sorts of Pest Control Products, poorly documented and even less understood in a long-term context involving "soups" of such contaminants (on top of "secret" additives).  These last few years in Canada there's been multiple myclobutanil scandals though their impact was minimized by mass media, officials of Public Health seem  even prompt to refer to "chemiophobia" as an excuse, actually dismissing serious complaints from medical patients made even more ill.  Briefly put LPs worked hard to define low concentrations that may be declared "safe" for incidental use, but the fact is that there are a hundred products already and nobody knows what happens to human health when these are combined by the dozen in a chronic use context.  At that point we're talking "mari-caca", now imagine performing deep extraction on it (plus secondary reactions from ovenizing)!

In comparison i favour "1-Hit" consumption methods where a limited amount of energy matches some intended goal like to only target the contact surface of a smaler bowl, aiming for 25 ~ 30 mg tokes instead.  The challenge here is to compensate a reduced cloud size with enhanced aroma/taste appreciation (doing more with less), which i believe to require a radical change of extraction strategy i've associated to impulse mode instead of popular thermalization.  I could develop further but my point is that i find quite problematic to suggest alternatives to the cigarette/"joint" format.

Overall, cannabis ends up being systematically vilified simply because there are no proper consumption methods breaking a "session" into smaller chunks that conveniently allow the user to leave it there after a few tokes only.  Many decades ago i tried a smoker tool which contained the fumes between 2 inhalations, in retrospective i must argue it felt like being stressed by time, because i didn't want my fire to extinguish and it multiplied losses to light up again in between 2 extractions...  So, the more i tried the more i failed while accumulating frustration;  such paradox was a short cut to systematic abuse that eventually required frequent "Tolerance-Breaks", so i could abuse again.

Metered dosing alternatives have been explored by Syqe and more recently Grenco/Vapium (Accudose) but i yet have to know what's inside, so i certainly can't pretend these are valid smoke substitutes that i'd be ready to evaluate myself, much less recommend with confidence.

Last but not least, i wish to post this evocative graphic resulting from an old article:

Animation for 2-to-1 THC vs CBD Ratio .GiF

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/understanding-marijuana-thc-cbd-levels
Leafly:  How to help consumers understand the amount of THC and CBD in their cannabis (2017-Nov-29)

It provides some perspective on possible explanations as to why cannabis markets focus on extreme genetic selection, e.g. either recreative THC-centric or more recently Full-CBD/1:1 for medical applications.  My point is that if it's true THC and CBD are mutual moderators of each other then persons prone to marginal reactions should aim for the 2:1 (3:1 or even 4:1...) void left relatively unexplored even after "legaleezation".  Dealing with conditions as ADHD i'd strongly suggest to stay away from extreme boundaries potentially amplified by other vilification factors as i just mentioned...

What i'm saying i guess is that it's a bad idea to combust THC-centric stuff that was sprayed with industrial soups of pesticides, insecticides, miticides, fungicides, nematicides, bactericides - not even by using a fancy deep-extraction ovenizer, etc., etc.  Hence i wish you luck!

Good day, have fun!!  B|

Oh man!! So much thankyou for this one.. noted! I learned something in here bro thankssss!

@John Iverson If you are very good at self-restraint, than yes, that could work!

For me the thing is : I liked weed, a lot. The euphoria I got from the high is simply incredible. Dopamine spikes in your brain like nothing you've ever done. I tried using it once in a while, but the temptation was sometimes too great and I just had to smoke.

If it works for you thought, then go ahead :)

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

11 minutes ago, FredFred said:

@John Iverson If you are very good at self-restraint, than yes, that could work!

For me the thing is : I liked weed, a lot. The euphoria I got from the high is simply incredible. Dopamine spikes in your brain like nothing you've ever done. I tried using it once in a while, but the temptation was sometimes too great and I just had to smoke.

If it works for you thought, then go ahead :)

Alright!! :D

9 hours ago, John Iverson said:

There! You said it right tho! Hahaha hm yes i am aware of the addicitive potential of weed, my 2nd time puffing it with my hippie friends in a rice field at night man! I experience that thing and now i said, ah! Okay so this is the potential addictive of weed... my plan is to use it every 3rd day, 2 days in between is for my body mind and brain to heal, and to give them time to subside , to make them do what they can do, i am going to rest my mind, body and brain for 2 days and for the 3rd day i will use it, also because of the addictive potential of it i won't do it daily....

What I would recommend, instead of every 3rd day is once a week. Because if you want it to be more psychedelic-like and hit you hard, doing every 3 days will start to diminish that effect, even if not so at the beginning of your usage, eventually its gonna happen.

for now if you do it once a week, you can devote that one day to “tripping” set some intentions what you want out of it and its gonna hit you a lot harder

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

6 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

What I would recommend, instead of every 3rd day is once a week. Because if you want it to be more psychedelic-like and hit you hard, doing every 3 days will start to diminish that effect, even if not so at the beginning of your usage, eventually its gonna happen.

for now if you do it once a week, you can devote that one day to “tripping” set some intentions what you want out of it and its gonna hit you a lot harder

Actually that is my first plan, once a week... so maybe after some time i will do it once a week..

I have ADHD, and I absolutely CANNOT with any kind of THC, any strain (well, I've only tried a few because the few I have tried have been identically horrible.) Paranoia, hallucination, waking dreams, sleep paralysis even hours later. It is awful for me. Back in college and early career, I was doing meth (yes, THAT meth), and that smoothed me out really well-- most focused, productive time of growth and creation in my career, really. People who knew were amazed... "wow, you got all of the good and none of the bad!" I can see why that is the go-to for ADHD treatment (prescribed, of course.) I can't imagine pot would help with it at all-- personally, it makes my mind feel trapped and, again, it's an awful experience (for me.)

I know it's generally frowned upon in this group, but I do sip whole-leaf kratom brewed as a tea throughout my work day, and that keeps me well focused. I feel like brewing in tea vs chugging powder or doing any concentrates or extracts keeps my doses down in that "sharpening" range, and I take a few months off pretty naturally every year + don't drink it on the weekends, but when I'm sitting at my desk and need to focus, I usually will sip it. As with all things, YMMV.