CreamCat

Psychedelics don't necessarily lead to personal development.

6 posts in this topic

While psychedelics can give you some keys to personal development, you still have to do personal development apart from psychedelics.

You can still be a useless dirty asshole after taking psychedelics many times.

It's easily possible for a person who never consumed psychedelics to be much better developed than a person who took psychedelics many times.

Thinking that psychedelics lead to your personal development is like thinking that buying an expensive camera automatically develops your poor photography skill.

Develop your photography skill with your affordable DSLR camera until your skills become so good that you are frustrated by its lack of features. Then, you can think about buying a more expensive camera if you have money.

Develop yourself until you get your shit together before trying psychedelics.

Getting your shit together includes meditation, food, exercise, sleep, water, relationships, discipline, money, etc, ...

Edited by CreamCat

100%, although I think most people here understand this but worth mentioning and well put

For many myself included it was the way in to spirituality/meditation and PD so I disagree. Yes someone might be well developed without phsychedelics but it does not mean anything. It is way more nuanced than that. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

16 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Thinking that psychedelics lead to your personal development is like thinking that buying an expensive camera automatically develops your poor photography skill.

Develop your photography skill with your affordable DSLR camera until your skills become so good that you are frustrated by its lack of features. Then, you can think about buying a more expensive camera if you have money.

Develop yourself until you get your shit together before trying psychedelics.

Getting your shit together includes meditation, food, exercise, sleep, water, relationships, discipline, money, etc, ...

Great analogy! 

There's too much of an idea floating around that psychedelics are a magic pill that will do the work for you.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Ime, the first order of business of psychedelics was to obliterate the person, not to develop the person. 

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

Psychedelics was the worst thing for my personal development, since it obliterated the person. 

Don't take psychedelics, you'll die!!! :P

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo