Rasheed

Things to write in my daily journal

11 posts in this topic

What are the best things I can write in my journal?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

16 hours ago, flume said:
  • Pour out what keeps your mind busy that day
  • 3 things to do today that will bring you closer to your goals
  • 3 things you're grateful for

That is it? They won't even take me 2 minutes...What else can I do?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

@Rasheed Why are you starting a journal if you don't know what to write in it? Perhaps think about this more, your connection with your inner being first, and why this is difficult. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

9 hours ago, Rasheed said:

That is it? They won't even take me 2 minutes...What else can I do?

Try harder

I am myself, heaven and hell.

Thanks guys, I will really contemplate about it, and figure it out. Your tips was still very helpful. 

I am writing in various journals, the one i choose to use on a given day is dependent on how i feel. 

If i want to deal with anger / negative feelings towards someone or a situation, i will just write it out, possibly going back and reframing each negative point. Then typically this page will be ripped out and shredded.

Other styles i use:

• 5 minute journal - see tim ferriss blog post to explain what this is for
  • Grattitude journal - just bulleting things i'm greatful for

I've found this exercise useful, as posted on the resources page:

8 hours ago, studentofthegame said:

I am writing in various journals, the one i choose to use on a given day is dependent on how i feel. 

If i want to deal with anger / negative feelings towards someone or a situation, i will just write it out, possibly going back and reframing each negative point. Then typically this page will be ripped out and shredded.

Other styles i use:

• 5 minute journal - see tim ferriss blog post to explain what this is for
  • Grattitude journal - just bulleting things i'm greatful for

I've found this exercise useful, as posted on the resources page:

Thank you, this was was very helpful, especially 5 minute journal. 

Do the homework for the What is Fear and Understanding Impermanence videos, daily, in your journal.

You may start to access emotions you didn't know you were having and there will be an endless font of material for your journal.