flume

[Meditation-APP] Headspace (9/10)

2 posts in this topic

I used headspace daily for a year at this point so I thought it would be a good time to write a review.
Overall I loved it and can highly recommend it, especially for beginners.

They cover mostly mindfulness meditations with body scans and occasional visualisations.
Everything’s very well explained with little animations.

The upsides:

• Very non - dogmatic and gentle
  • Good build up on the techniques from the very basics to advanced
  • Great variety of courses (sleep, anxiety, mindful eating, acceptance, prioritisation, relationships, kindness, transforming anger, etc.) 
  • New little ‘insight’ everyday
  • Great overview on your progress
  • That British accent;-) 

Only downside: 

• All courses and daily meditations are max. 20 minutes. If you want more than that you can do a classic guided or semi- guided meditation but that’s the same everyday then, so not really worth paying for imo.

Definitely get it if:

• You’re new to mediation and you wanna learn the basics
  • You struggle to keep a regular mediation habit
  • You want specific insights/ new perspectives on some of the topics mentioned above)

A membership costs 95 € / year or 12 € /month. Anyway, if you’re thinking about it I’d say download the app and try the first 10 days for free. It will teach you the basics of meditation and you can see if you resonate with the overall approach of the app.

Have a great day:-)

Thanks for the review. 

Yeah guided meditations have their pros and cons I suppose.

I've sometimes used guided meditations when I'm too afraid to face the emptiness of myself and need some sort of audio stimulation to put me at ease, if that makes sense. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.