Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
taniarfowler

Skin problems

9 posts in this topic

Hey!
This is for my sister. My younger sister is seventeen years old. I love her a lot and, I always try to make her happy. She has some skin problems on her face and, she is worried about it. Her face was clean and, now the acne and scars made it quite unpleasant. One of my friends asked me to take her to a cosmetic clinic in Toronto for chemical peel treatment. I want to make sure whether the treatment is safe for her or not. Does anyone here have an idea about it? Any insight on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Try Retin-A.  :D

It's gentler than a chemical peel treatment but its still a potent product which pushes the skin to rejuvenate.

It's main usage is for acne, but I've been using it for years despite having a clear skin in order to prevent aging. 

You'll need your sister to go to a dermatologist as its usually only available on prescription.

What the future holds for you depends on your state of consciousness now.  Eckhart Tolle

@taniarfowler She should consult with a dermatologist prior to this type of skin treatment, imo, like @Etherial Cat said...

The dermotologist will recommended the best treatment for her exact condition.

No external treatments will ever be a permanent solution but just waste your money. Skin issues are due to toxic, acid, mucus buildup in the body. The Candida Diet usually sorts out most skin issues and a good detox, fast and laying off all processed foods, junk foods, sugars, sweets, drugs, alcohol ect.. will help but it takes a lot of what but if you want permanent results you need to take care of what you put in your body.

Also women use a lot of chemicals from makeup and body lotions which are full of toxins that further create havoc within the body.

Clean up diet and only use natural(organic) products on the skin and you should be getting better eventually.

Aloe Vera is excellent for skin, drink and apply on skin daily.

B R E A T H E

My friends have skin problems because of using make up. Scars and pimples and small wrinkles. I use none and I look like a porcelain doll.

She should drink 3 liters of water ever day and avoid concealer. Idk about the Toronto peel, I just know that it might be temporary. For long term she should create a skin care routine, day and night.

I mean, my skin is so sensitive that I can't even use soap. Sometimes even the chlorine in pure tap water makes it dry!

Tell her to eat her veggies and fruits.

Avoid consuming milk and cheese. And I guess it's obvious that I don't have to mention fast food and fries.

Wherever water flows, life flourishes: wherever tears fall, divine mercy is shown. - Rumi

PURE LOVE - HOW TO HEAL ANY MENTAL ILLNESS

I would steer clear of pharmaceutical crap. You can get better results with Rose Hip Oil, Aloe Vera and consuming 80% of your diet fresh fruits and vegetables. I checked the ingredients of that product, remember all the ingredients in legal drugs originally come from nature so i did a little digging and found rose hip oil has one of the highest sources of the main ingredient in that product. Cod liver and or Black Seed oil can also be taken orally and eat foods specifically high in Vitamin A Sweet potato, Spinach, Carrots, Kale, Cantaloupe, Peppers ect..

Stay wise people, don't spend money on putting more toxins and synthetics in your body when you can get natural products that actually work much more coherently with your body because our body evolved for 100s of thousands of years with natural products, synthetics only came out last 100 years or so.

They never worked better than plants, fungi ect.. they were created purely for business and profit purposes. Other ingredients: Hydrophilic stearic acid, isopropyl myristate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, stearyl alcohol, xanthan gum, sorbic acid, butylated hydroxytoluene, and purified water? None of this but the last one belong anywhere near the body, not in that form.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

On 09/10/2019 at 5:39 AM, taniarfowler said:

acne and scars made it quite unpleasant.

Is scaring the main issue or is it occurence of acne? Tissue fibrosis cannot be healed by nutrition or any external application. But that depends on depth of dermal destruction, the deeper skin layer (dermis) damage cannot be undone. In this case, I'd be more inclined towards a laser surgery or just acceptance of whatever happened. Doubt that expensive creams will do anything. 

If there is persistent acne, she should have her hormonal profile checked for excessive testosterone and DHT as well as diet for any major offenders such as gluten and dairy that could be contributing. She may also suffer from digestive problem such as SIBO or increased permeability of gut and acne is just a sign of something else. 

Anyways, a professional help should be sought rather than random opinions on the internet. 

12 hours ago, pluto said:

No external treatments will ever be a permanent solution but just waste your money. Skin issues are due to toxic, acid, mucus buildup in the body. The Candida Diet usually sorts out most skin issues and a good detox, fast and laying off all processed foods, junk foods, sugars, sweets, drugs, alcohol ect.. will help but it takes a lot of what but if you want permanent results you need to take care of what you put in your body.

Also women use a lot of chemicals from makeup and body lotions which are full of toxins that further create havoc within the body.

Clean up diet and only use natural(organic) products on the skin and you should be getting better eventually.

Aloe Vera is excellent for skin, drink and apply on skin daily.

I agree with this. 

You need a holistic approach and treat the problem both at the roots and its external manifestations.

11 hours ago, Aquarius said:

Tell her to eat her veggies and fruits.

Avoid consuming milk and cheese. And I guess it's obvious that I don't have to mention fast food and fries.

Yup. Dairies especially are causing acne issues.

11 hours ago, Aquarius said:

I googled it. Is it good? How do you use it? Where do they sell it?

I find it very efficient. It basically pushes the skin to shed off its dead layers and create constantly new skin tissue. In the process, it also clears anything which would get stuck or clogged in it. 

People using Retin-A are often looking significantly younger than their peers and are having obviously a clearer skin...

I use it 2x a week, at night. If I go out, I use a high SPF to avoid any sun damages. It's really drying up the skin, so I use it in combination with a deeply moisturizing, neutral cream which is clear of any harmful products. Retin-A also allows a better penetration of any product you'll use after it.

Depending on where you live, it might be accessible straight over the counter or you'll need a medical prescription.

7 hours ago, pluto said:

I would steer clear of pharmaceutical crap. You can get better results with Rose Hip Oil, Aloe Vera and consuming 80% of your diet fresh fruits and vegetables. I checked the ingredients of that product, remember all the ingredients in legal drugs originally come from nature so i did a little digging and found rose hip oil has one of the highest sources of the main ingredient in that product. Cod liver and or Black Seed oil can also be taken orally and eat foods specifically high in Vitamin A Sweet potato, Spinach, Carrots, Kale, Cantaloupe, Peppers ect..

Stay wise people, don't spend money on putting more toxins and synthetics in your body when you can get natural products that actually work much more coherently with your body because our body evolved for 100s of thousands of years with natural products, synthetics only came out last 100 years or so.

They never worked better than plants, fungi ect.. they were created purely for business and profit purposes. Other ingredients: Hydrophilic stearic acid, isopropyl myristate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, stearyl alcohol, xanthan gum, sorbic acid, butylated hydroxytoluene, and purified water? None of this but the last one belong anywhere near the body, not in that form.

Yeah, those are all good advices.

I'm using a mix out of natural or minimalistic and neutral cosmetics. But when you've got scars, it can be very discouraging to wait for natural products to treat an area. It can literally take years to vanish when using a proper medication can significantly accelerate the process with no noticeable damages. 

In my early 20's, I had been trying to fade away some scars on my body. I'd look only for natural solutions, grandma receipe and so forth. It never helped significantly, as much as I hate to admit it. One day, my dermatologist prescribed me some hydroquinone and 3 weeks after that hyperpigmentation around the scar was gone for good. 

As per the list of ingredients and your warning on big Pharma, I certainly appreciate your input and agree with you on the big picture.  

Yet, this product has a good traceability. It's been on the market since the 60s and no significant issues have been found when used directly on the skin. Dermalogist have it often as part of their personal routine. Vitamin-A and Vitamin-C applied locally on the skin does wonder.  

The list of ingredients can look scary at first sight, but if you take per example the first ingredient you gave "Hydrophilic stearic acid", it is not that bad.

"Stearic Acid is a saturated long-chain fatty acid with an 18-carbon backbone. Stearic acid is found in various animal and plant fats, and is a major component of cocoa butter and shea butter."

But I get your point. I've made a thorough research on the product and I am fine with the benefit /risk ratio.

The main idea of retin-a is to saturate the skin with vitamin-a and make it shed. I wouldn't get this effect with Rose Hip Oil.

What the future holds for you depends on your state of consciousness now.  Eckhart Tolle