Mouchabourta

Best country for spirituality/psychedelics?

11 posts in this topic

So, I am currently located in Dubai and it probably is one of the worst places to pursue spirituality, self-actualization or do psychedelics in. 

I have the option to go live anywhere I choose. 

Where would you recommend I go?

Canada's one of the best places right now for research chemicals.

Costa rica is also an interesting option. They do a lot of ayahuasca and ibogaine down there. They probably allow toads too (not sure).

Spain and Portugal have decriminalized all drugs. Which doesn't mean you can just buy them at the local store. But still far better than most countries.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thank you both for replying!

@Serotoninluv Yes, Peru seemed like a good choice. Most South American/ Central American countries are prime contenders for me simply because they have a history with using some of these compounds.

@Leo Gura  True. It would be worlds apart and much safer than trying to take them in the United Arab Emirates. So, Canada is also open to much more than just Marijuana? 

that's an exciting place in life to be in! let us know how it goes.  

Amsterdam in  Netherland i hear is a great place since the police are much more cool there.

The Americas...

Canada is very liberal (compared to most other countries - but still has a long way to go) when it comes to psychedelics. It varies regionally, but Federal police have been known to turn a blind eye to magic mushrooms being sold openly, for example. Many "research chemical" psychedelics have not been bothered to be banned, and the punishments for possession of banned substances like LSD are very light compared to other countries. Mushrooms will probably become legalized in Canada within a decade, and I'd wager LSD is next.

Brazil is surprisingly liberal with ayahuasca and magic mushrooms. It's a weird place though, and you'd really have to find the right community. Many people there will think psychedelics are demonic etc. 

Mexico is similar in that way, but there is probably even more traditional use of psychedelics there. In fact, all three classes of psychedelics (phenethylamine, tryptamine, and lysergamide) have their roots in traditional plant medicines that were/are used in Mexico, and Salvia on top of that. You could say that Mexico's gift to the world is psychedelic (and chile and chocolate!) 

Bolivia, Peru are on the map too for sure. 

Even the USA has some very liberal pockets: Coarsely, Cascadia (Cali, Oregon, Washington) tends to be especially loose around this kind of thing. The bay area, Denver, Austin are some particularly liberal pockets that come to mind. Any big city in the USA would have psychedelic-friendly communities embedded within it where it would be functionally safe to be a psychedelic kind of person.

Which of these places is the best intersection between spirituality and psychedelic? That's hard to answer. They are all different.

Outside of the Americas, probably Europe in general is a good place to look to. You might be surprised with some parts of Africa as well, I've heard stories of pockets of psychedelic activity in S. Africa and Kenya, and of course Iboga has been used for centuries/millenia in central Africa.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Europe is getting better but still one has to be very very careful ... DMT and derivatives are class A drugs still.

Legal penalties_ the possibility of incarceration for possession of drugs for personal use (minor offence).png

In Netherlands you can get both Psylocibin and 1P-LSD legally.

You can also order the ingredients for Ayahuasca online on the clearnet there and brew it up yourself

Edited by Chi_

#1 Denver, CO 

1st in USA for Recreational Weed, 1st in USA to Decriminalize Mushrooms for personal use. 

The Foot Hills of the Rocky Mountains are less than an hour from the center of the City. 

Red Rocks Amphitheater always has amazing shows, and People are Authentic and Expressive. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe