PlayOnWords

Integration Of The Shadow

11 posts in this topic

Tools and methods to re-integrate the disowned parts of yourself fully, and to become whole. 

Give it to me, baby!

The Internal Family Systems Model. Understanding how these parts of you first became disowned, and then directly addressing them through for example journaling.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

On 08/10/2019 at 11:47 PM, PlayOnWords said:

Tools and methods to re-integrate the disowned parts of yourself fully, and to become whole. 

Give it to me, baby!

You're already whole. The "shadow" is your thinking. That's all it really is. 

The ego needs this to be more complicated than it is, but I assure you that your wholeness is not something you need to work for. 

@PlayOnWords Integrating the shadow is not something you just do, mostly you are forced to do so by your circumstances, because it is super stress- and painfull. You usually come in contact with your dark site in dealing with other people (especially with your partner and with guaranteed after an breakup) and by paying close attention to your interactions and other peoples reactions you can catch glimpses of your dark site. Once the part you got conscious of shows itself you can start to work with it and finding a use for it. E.g. a tendency for aggression can be moldet  into assertiveness or can be used to fuel an ambition of yours.

As for technique's mindfulness and meditation are good ways to go about it but probably won't get you too far in in the short-term.

Journaling about your internal life migth bring some stuff to the surface, especially if you work with an book on shadow Integration.

What is also usefull is dream journaling and dream reading, try to write down your dreams and look for paterns and symbols that are meaningful for you. The themes of your dreams can point you to things in your unconscious that you usually suppress.

But what I found most usefull for shadow work is radical honesty with yourself and asking close people around you painfull questions about yourself, like:

when am I an asshole?

Tell me the last occasion I was inconsiderate? 

What is the cringiest thing you saw me do lately?

Have I failed you lately?

Good Luck Buddy ;)

Edited by Alex

@Alex All shadow works purpose is to get you to stay in the now (the "shadow" is what pulls you out of the now).  But you don't need to do anything to be present, you just have to understand the process of identification and learn to rest in the now more consistently.

I agree that aggressive shadow work could be useful for some people, but ultimately it's not necessary. 

It just seems like a whole lot of misery for nothing when really all you have to do is practice learning disidentification.

Take this from someone who did ten years of shadow work to find that it's more or less unnecessary

@Nickyy I feel you and have to ultimately agree with you. Shadow work can be done more patiently and less extreme, but if you are impatient and want to see results you can't help but learn out of getting burned. Your first comment just sounded like cheap spiritual advice (you still a have a good point tough) and is unhelpfull for People that look for quick results or are not quite bought into shadow work or spirituality in general. Besides that @PlayOnWords wanted to get hit hard! The guy is a warrior.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

@Nickyy I feel you and have to ultimately agree with you. Shadow work can be done more patiently and less extreme, but if you are impatient and want to see results you can't help but learn out of getting burned. Your first comment just sounded like cheap spiritual advice (you still a have a good point tough) and is unhelpfull for People that look for quick results or are not quite bought into shadow work or spirituality in general. Besides that @PlayOnWords wanted to get hit hard! The guy is a warrior.

Ok, I'll increase my prices ?

On 10/8/2019 at 3:47 PM, PlayOnWords said:

Give it to me, baby!

@PlayOnWords Tantra doesnt reject any of reality, including all desires and tendencies. It accepts and integrates all of ones being.

There are many societal and spiritual "rules" and dogma that one must follow in many traditions but there are no rules in Tantra, thus no rejection.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003