kieranperez

Microdosing, a helpful tool that can be used for lasting growth?

22 posts in this topic

I’m honestly looking for any tool right now that can help with deep self esteem issues, crippling self-doubt in making bold decisions and taking action deciding my life purpose and having the stability of mind to pursue it without sabotaging my efforts a couple days in. 

On the Big 5 Scale (too no surprise of my own), my weakest points was that I scored all across the board on all the different scales with a high in neuroticism and low on all aspects regarding conscientiousness. 

I worked my ass off to get off all the SSRIs and mood stabilizers and adhd meds for over 10 years. Though I find breakthrough psychedelics very helpful, I can’t really sustain or even remotely integrate what comes up for me in my life because it’s nust so much and I’m really low Maslow hierarchy of needs and still trying to figure out how to escape wage slavery. 

Though I want an effective tool, I don’t want something that’s just going to work so long as I keep taking it. If the “progress” I get from microdosing is only brought about so long as I take it and not after i decide to stop (and as I keep doing the work despite getting off), as far as I’m concerned at least for me, that’s pseudogrowth and not what I’m looking for. I’m trying to utilize a tool that can help in the really rough stage of life to help life myself up into higher stages and also serve as tool to help facilitate deep personality change/transformation and also development or growth until I don’t need it anymore and then I can abandon it.

With all that said, is microdosing a good potential option for going down that route? 

@Serotoninluv @outlandish @Shadowraix @Leo Gura @Girzo

36 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

With all that said, is microdosing a good potential option for going down that route? 

yeah, but as you know, there's no cure-all. it's just a tool, like a faster car 

microdosing for me makes me more loving, conscious and on purpose

but also uncovers shit that you need to be prepared for (even if not, which I wasn't, is an opportunity to learn how to deal with it) 

it's an awesome tool and i've definitely been able to use some of what i've gotten on microdosing (insights and mood), when i'm off it. i can also see a lot more potential with it. but yeah again, not a cure all by any means. but a great tool

Edited by d0ornokey

Microdosing (md) is amazing tool. Md helps me in socializing, makes me more loving and creative.

I think there is no such thing as lasting growth. If I do spiritual practices, md, full doses, reading spiritual stuff, watching Leo I feel I grow. How fast I grow depends on intensity and variety of tools which I use. If I do nothing from this I feel how my ego growth back. md doesn't give such a rapid growth as a full dose, but still it's amazing tool.

So, my suggestion would be to use as much tools as possible (including md, of course, only if it resonates with you).

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@d0ornokey do you feel that if you stopped microdosing tomorrow but kept up the practices you were already doing you would be able to sustain the growth you’ve gotten from them thus far?

like you put well, I’m not looking for a cure all and I’m not looking to rely or even use psychedelics for the rest of my life. 

@dimitri as far as I’ve found, there’s a distinction to be made between great experiences vs progressive growth. If someone who only feels more self acceptance, self esteem, heightened awareness, etc. as long they’re using some tool and those results don’t at least trickle down into everyday life when they’re not on it, I wouldn’t call that growth at all. That’s reliance as far as I’m concerned. 

Also, be careful how you frame ego development. Spiritual development (which is different from spiritual realization) and ego development are really the same line of development. 

@kieranperez Yeah, I definitely think you should experiment with microdosing. Experiment is the key, play around with the dosage and frequency to dial it in appropriately for yourself, and then carefully observe if it's beneficial for you or not. Check it out, see if you like it.

A lot of people with the kind of situation you describe report that they've had benefits from microdosing, so I think you're a good candidate!

Personally microdosing has made some of my neuroses glaringly obvious, and helped me to move past them or improve on them. It's also given me some very specific insights and permanent breakthroughs, mostly kind of mundane stuff, but some "medium" level stuff too. I also just really like microdosing, it's fun to turn up your day just a little bit once in a while, see things through a different (clean!) lens. It's nice for running too!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@kieranperez yeah, English is not my native language, so by "ego growth back" I meant that my level of consciousness goes down.

Anyway, good luck in your journey ;) 

On 10/8/2019 at 5:52 PM, kieranperez said:

do you feel that if you stopped microdosing tomorrow but kept up the practices you were already doing you would be able to sustain the growth you’ve gotten from them thus far?

i don't really have any consistent practices at the moment

but, my overall consciousness is higher, even on days i don't microdose (i do it 1x/week recently)

Edited by d0ornokey

@kieranperez nootropics have been amazing for me. Leo has a video on it. Heavily research and do them smartly.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

1 hour ago, TheAvatarState said:

@kieranperez nootropics have been amazing for me. Leo has a video on it. Heavily research and do them smartly.

Done with nootropics. Given an almost 20 year history on various medications, nootropics such as modafinil, armodafinil, l-Theanine, etc. don’t have any effect after a couple days. 

As far as I’m concerned, they’re merely hacks that don’t help over the long term (years and years and years and years and years). Most people don’t appreciate that because they don’t take these things over the long haul. Which brings me back to the underlying point that I don’t want a hack or pseudo growth. 

4 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Done with nootropics. Given an almost 20 year history on various medications, nootropics such as modafinil, armodafinil, l-Theanine, etc. don’t have any effect after a couple days. 

As far as I’m concerned, they’re merely hacks that don’t help over the long term (years and years and years and years and years). Most people don’t appreciate that because they don’t take these things over the long haul. Which brings me back to the underlying point that I don’t want a hack or pseudo growth. 

Even if that's true (which it's not), they are still helpful for jump-starting you and getting out of a funk. I've had amazing benefits for about 2 weeks so far. Substances like Bacopa Monnieri have been shown to make lasting improvements to your memory after taking it for a month. 

You could paint psychedelics in the same light and also be partially correct. They are hacks and pseudo-growth if you don't actualize afterwards. Every technique on Actualized is a "hack" in fact. Hack away... 

Sent from my iEgo

1 hour ago, TheAvatarState said:

Even if that's true (which it's not)

Show me studies of people who’ve taken such nootropics over the long term (at least 5 years or longer) and show me their feedback. 

And you’re correct about psychedelics. Hence why I personally would suggest you don’t try and rely on them and confuse state experiences (whether it be psychedelics or other substances) for actual growth itself. I personally have no interest in using psychedelics longer than I have to. Saying that as someone who really gets a lot of psychedelics.

You don’t appreciate what taking these things over a long period of time (many years) does to the brain. Which is not to suggest not taking any. Personally, none of these nootropics have provided any benefit on a day to day basis for me even after 2 weeks. 

I’m all about trying to kickstart growth through certain mediums so long as they help facilitate long term growth after. If you the only time you can meditate, for example, is when you take modafinil or some other thing and when you don’t you can’t meditate for shit, you’re not actually improving. Period. 

You and I though still are on the same page at the heart of it which is that tools ALONE without initiative, discpline, or action don’t mean shit. Tools don’t do the work. They merely help get the work done. 

8 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Show me studies of people who’ve taken such nootropics over the long term (at least 5 years or longer) and show me their feedback. 

They simply don't exist. Plenty of anecdotal evidence though. To each his own. I believe we're on the same page in spirit though. And just because nootropics didn't work for you doesn't mean they don't work for other people, just sayin. :)

Sent from my iEgo

If you are struggling with self-esteem issues I recommend you read The Six Pillars of Self Esteem by Nathaniel Branden. Pop a microdose before you start reading hehe. 

I've only microdosed with psilocybin mushroom powder in pill capsule form, roughly 0.4g is the microdose I like. Its amazing for emotions.. it feels like it balances me out, meaning im more connected to big picture thinking, and almost as if emotional blockages are eased or brought to the surface. Be willing to feel into your negative emotions to deal with them. With this dose I can still drive, in fact I go to work on it and communicating with others is deeply enhanced. Feel like all insecurities vanish and I can establish the connection I want with others. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Micro dosing I haven't tried but have heard benefits by many. I wouldn't recommend it as a crutch forever, but could definitely be handy when you need it to keep working until you don't. 

@TrynaBeTurquoise his sentence completions never really felt like they helped. I think the principles are more important than anything else. 

8 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

I've only microdosed with psilocybin mushroom powder in pill capsule form, roughly 0.4g is the microdose I like. Its amazing for emotions.. it feels like it balances me out, meaning im more connected to big picture thinking, and almost as if emotional blockages are eased or brought to the surface. Be willing to feel into your negative emotions to deal with them. With this dose I can still drive, in fact I go to work on it and communicating with others is deeply enhanced. Feel like all insecurities vanish and I can establish the connection I want with others. 

And when you stop taking it, let’s say for a month, but still keep up with your practice(s)? Does that progress tend to slide off or does it still tend to stick?

@Shadowraix part of my idea was to use it to get more in touch with what I want to create in my life and have a tool that can help me build momentum in that direction. But yeah, definitely not trying to stay with it forever. 

1 hour ago, kieranperez said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise his sentence completions never really felt like they helped. I think the principles are more important than anything else. 

9 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

same. they didn't help me. i think they need to be done quite consciously for them to work 

@kieranperez I don't take them daily or anything, maybe once a week or as desired. Its just useful as a creative boost sometimes. When you feel an inner calling to do it. Doesn't affect anything negatively when I dont microdose. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Hey, I am back again. :P

I was doing micro dosing for months. :D

I was stopping for more than month. Yes, it does not stick. In the same way as full dose does not stick, or meditation does not stick. Nothing does stick forever. But at the same time I feel it helped to change my little self in a better way forever. The same as full trips or meditation. 

Look, what I learnt after meeting Leo on internet is practice is important, Leo gives best tools out there, tools work different for everyone, direct experience is everything. So, I would suggest you to try it for a month or so, then stop and decide for yourself. Nobody can answer the question how micro dosing is going to work for you except you. 

Have a good day. 

Start with a daily meditation habit. Be aware of The Dark Side of Meditation which is a good thing.

Start reading books to get the information you need to develop yourself. @Leo Gura has a video on the importance of reading books.

Once you are developing yourself, you can help others. You need to become a person who has to offer value; a massive value provider.

You also need to be aware of your self-doubt thoughts. I am saying this because Awareness Alone is Curative.

Right now, what I am saying probably won't any sense to you. But keep pushing through even when it is hard.

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” - Winston Churchill

Me on the road less traveled.

every tool can be used for harm and good. you need to use your intuition to know what right for you and what is waste of time.

i think microdosing is pretty usless for most people ,especially for benginners  (maybe for bengineers if they have a mentor to help them )

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it