Raphael

Let's get pratical #1: 1h of meditation per day

222 posts in this topic

19 November 2019

Time: 45 minutes

Summary: I kept my eyes closed for the entire session. I had a lot of random thoughts, and move my body a little, this was a little easier than yesterday, but not easy yet. I didn't felt a huge difference of consciousness when I opened my eyes.

20 November 2019

Time: 44 minutes 30 seconds

Summary: I originally did my meditation this morning but failed because I opened my eyes at 27 minutes. My goal was to do 45 minutes without opening my eyes for 30 days and as I didn't want to restart from zero I decided to try again in the evening. I opened my eyes at 44 minutes and 30 seconds because I fall asleep, this is a failure if I want to be extremely strict, but at the same time 30 seconds is not that much and many times I take maybe the same duration to put myself into position. So I'm going to let it go for this time, and continue my challenge. Concerning the meditation, I didn't move my body a lot but had many thoughts and some burning feelings in my stomach because of stress, nothing exceptional happened and I didn't felt a huge difference of consciousness when I opened my eyes.

21 November 2019

Time: 45 minutes

Summary: I kept my eyes closed during the entire session. I had a lot of thoughts and also some burning sensations in my chest, I did a little pause without opening my eyes in between where I moved my body a little. I feel like these 45 minutes went very fast, it felt more like 20 minutes. I'm not sure if I were more conscious in the end, maybe a little.

22 November 2019

Summary: I initially opened my eyes at 10 minutes because I got distracted by a message on my phone, so I decided to redo it. I kept my eyes closed during the entire session, except at one moment where I blinked, but  I don't consider this as a failure as it was very subtle. I had a lot of thoughts, some burning feeling in my chest that also went to the left side of my neck and left shoulder, I felt some tensions here. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

23 November 2019

Summary: The session went well, I kept my eyes closed and didn't move my body a lot, but still had a lot of random thoughts that I don't remember now. I feel like these 45 minutes went very fast. I was a little calmer when I opened my eyes.

24 November 2019

Summary: I found this session a little difficult but kept my eyes closed anyway. They were some external noises including a hen jumping on stuff in the house. I had a lot of thoughts but didn't move my body that much. I felt a little bit calmer when I open my eyes.

25 November 2019

Summary: This meditation went well and I kept my eyes closed for the entire duration. I had a lot of thoughts and searched my nose at a moment. The ending was a little more difficult and I did a weird movement with my body when approaching the end, however, I felt calmer and more conscious when I opened my eyes.

26 November 2019

Summary: I kept my eyes closed for the entire session. I felt like today's meditation went really fast, maybe like 20 minutes. I think that it was caused by the insane amount of thoughts I had today, I also searched my nose a little, and had some burning feelings in my body. I didn't felt any difference of consciousness when I opened my eyes.

27 November 2019

Summary: The session went pretty well, I felt very happy and didn't open my eyes for the entire duration. I did have a lot of thoughts but didn't move my body a lot except at the end that was a little more difficult. I didn't felt a lot more conscious when I opened my eyes.

28 November 2019

Time 45 minutes

Summary: The session went well and I kept my eyes closed for the entire duration. I tried to do some mindfulness today, I lost it many times because I was a little sleepy, then came back to it again. My back was very straight for all the meditation, I don't remember moving my body. In the end, I felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

29 November 2019

Summary: The meditation went well and I didn't open my eyes. I had a lot of thoughts, but I almost didn't move my body. I feel like this session went very fast, maybe like 20 minutes. I felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

@Raphael Keep it up. I feel like I was where you were at a few months ago, where I was just doing 1 hour sits and not noticing a huge difference. I've been meditating for about 3 years now, about 30 minutes average per day over that time, (and like 2 hours a day recently) and I feel like i'm close to awakening and my meditation sessions are almost effortless. 

It's going to get really good! (:

@Raptorsin7 I also started to meditate 3 - 4 years ago. Most of the time I was doing only 30 minutes, it's only recently that I wanted to spend more time. Normally if things go well I will start pushing to 1 hour in a few days.

@Raphael When you go to an hour look up self inquiry meditation and start doing that. You have to start looking for your self!

@Raptorsin7 When you pushed to 2 hours, did you did it gradually? Did you try 1h 15m, 1h30, etc. before? Or you went directly to it?

30 November 2019

Summary: I tried to do some mindfulness today, but wasn't very successful as I got lost in thoughts a lot. However, I kept my eyes closed a lot and almost didn't move my body, my back was very straight for most of the meditation. I felt a little more conscious when I opened my eyes.

1 December 2019

Summary: Unlike yesterday, I choose to let go of everything. I kept my eyes closed and let my thoughts do whatever they wanted, I didn't move my body a lot, and I felt like this session went very fast. My mind was a little clearer when I opened my eyes. 

@Raphael I just did what felt right. I have a lot of free time and my meditation was going better so i decide to up it. When it feels right to up your hours then you will know, and you can do it when it feels right.