Raphael

Let's get pratical #1: 1h of meditation per day

222 posts in this topic

9 November 2019

Time: 45 minutes

Summary: I kept my eyes closed during the entire session. I wanted to do some mindfulness practice today so I started by focusing on my body, however, after that I got lose in thoughts a lot and I was also a little sleepy. I was very happy during this meditation and I felt that those 45 minutes went very fast compared to the previous session. I opened my eyes feeling awesome, maybe not highly more conscious, but very blissful.

10 November 2019

TIme: 45 minutes

Summary: I kept my eyes closed during the entire session. I tried to do some concentration by focusing on my breath and I find it much more difficult than letting go. I did some movements with my body and also searched my nose a little. I didn't felt a huge difference in my consciousness when I opened my eyes.

11 November 2019

Summary: I found this session quite easy until maybe the first half, then it started to become a little more difficult. The lasts 10 minutes was quite hard, but I still managed to keep my eyes closed. I lowered the top of my body on my lap when approaching the end, and I didn't felt a huge difference of consciousness when I stopped.

12 November 2019

Summary: I was quite lazy today and did my meditation in the afternoon, but pretty well handled it and keep my eyes closed during the entire session. I did some mindfulness today by first focusing on my body and then on external noises, but as I was also a little sleepy I lost it multiple times, and then go back to it. I fall on my sides maybe two or three times because I was sleepy, I also scratch my head and clear my throat. I was sweating a little in the end, but I felt more conscious with a clearer mind.

13 November 2019

Summary: I did my meditation this evening rather than in the morning as I was also quite lazy today. The session went well, I managed to keep my eyes closed, I didn't move my body a lot, and I only searched my nose in the beginning. I had some tingling sensations notably in my left hand, I was also very sensitive of my body today, I felt the air traveling in my trachea. I felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

11 hours ago, modmyth said:

Just wondering, what kind of meditation are you practicing?

I'm not doing anything specific, I don't even know how to name it. Most of the time I only let go of everything, so it's maybe the do-nothing technique. Sometimes I change and do some mindfulness or try to concentrate on a specific thing. It would probably be better to follow a technique.

Edited by Raphael

14 November 2019

Summary: I was a little agitated today and they were a lot of noises outside, but I still keep my eyes closed. I meditated with my palms facing the sky this time rather than the ground. I had a lot of random thoughts and the ending was a little difficult, but I felt more conscious at the end of the time.

15 November 2019

Summary: This session went pretty well overall, I kept my eyes closed for the entire duration. I had a little more difficulty in the middle, I also searched my nose, however, the 5 - 10 last minutes were very smooth. I felt calmer and more conscious at the end.

16 November 2019

Summary: Today's meditation went incredibly smoothly. I kept my eyes closed, almost didn't move my body, and felt very blissful during the session. Only the ending was a little more difficult, but I felt very calm and peaceful when I opened my eyes.

I like the way you track your meditation. It is very practical. I think I want to do something like this. Thank you for inspiring me!

Thanks @Raptorsin7 !

I think that taking simple and concise notes of our progress helps build consistency and motivation. I avoided that in the past by relying too much on my memories and feelings, but it was too approximate so I needed a tool to equilibrate my practice.

Edited by Raphael

17 November 2019

Summary: I kept my eyes closed during the entire session, but was emotionally agitated hearing my depressed grandma crying because she was unable to understand how to use the shower. I focused on the meditation anyway, I know it's selfish to focus on myself where a close relative near me needs help, but at the same time, I need to focus on my practice to attain my objective. My mom came to help her anyway. Enduring her and my dad almost every day is challenging, but I currently have no best option considering where I want to go, so I have to deal with it. Anyway, if I come back to the meditation, I felt a little more conscious and calmer in the end.

@Raphael If you ever feel like you're ready to try a new meditation. Try to a find a good guided self inquiry. I like Mooji's guided inquiry. Also, you should think about experimenting with 2+ hours of meditation for a few days or weeks to see how practice changes. I did 3 hours today, and I had the deepest meditation of my life.

@Raptorsin7 I will maybe try it in the future. I'm planning to do a 1h+ meditation when I will be comfortable with 1 hour, but it will be only on a break day and after several months. I don't have enough time to do 2h+ or even 1h+ of meditation for a few days.

18 November 2019

Summary: I kept my eyes closed during the entire session, but I was sleepy, tired, and paradoxically at the same time very agitated. It was probably one of my most difficult session in the last few months as I moved by body a lot and scratched myself many times, it was quite painful for me. When I opened my eyes my body was sweaty and I only felt a little more conscious compared to the beginning.