TrynaBeTurquoise

Any Oneironauts here or ones studying lucid dreaming?

23 posts in this topic

I’ve been reading “exploring the world of lucid dreaming” by stephen laberge for a few weeks now and last night I attained my first lucid dream in years.

wondering if anyone here is practicing trying to have lucidity as a skill in order to have lucid dreams at will? 

There are so many interesting personal development possibilities with lucid dreams, such as gaining a better understanding of yourself, fulfilling desires, facing fears, rehearsing events for waking life/improvement of waking life performance in a specific area, ect.

Would appreciate if anyone here is experienced in this, what techniques work best for you, whether it be MILD, WILD, or state testing throughout the day (one that calls me the most) and any tips/tricks you have.

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise Waking up outside the dream is a greater challenge than waking up from within. But you gotta start somewhere.

You should get a sleeping schedule, one that works with you and is consistent. Stay Clean and Healthy

Drink Water before and during your sleep cycle, getting up in the middle of the night and laying back down to sleep is prime time.

Become aware of the sounds you hear, the vibrations and changes. 

And then you might hit a frequency wall, like radio transmission, vibrating in waves.

Seconds later you will dream, but here is the hard part.

Maybe if you have experience with Psychedelics, sometimes you forget that you took something and experience a new perceived reality.

You are suddenly alive within a dream, but it is like asking you right now, Are you dreaming?

You will say No, because that is a crazy question.

So like you already know, test if you are in the dream world, realize the differences.

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

I can lucid dream at will.... it gets old trust me. And it is hard on the energy so I don't recommend it if you have work the next day.

I don't like Lucid Dreaming, because if I do that I am tired for the whole day.

The most effective method for me was waking up after 4-5 hours of sleep and then going back to sleep.

10 hours ago, MAYA EL said:

I can lucid dream at will.... it gets old trust me. And it is hard on the energy so I don't recommend it if you have work the next day.

How exactly does it get old when there are endless possibilities you can utilize it for? 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

7 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

How exactly does it get old when there are endless possibilities you can utilize it for? 

Well you find limitations and also it's so draining on your energy that you end up not wanting to do it unless it becomes necessary because you're going to wake up tired. And also I perhaps may have created a side effect I'm not sure if it's related to lucid dreaming or not so I'm still evaluating the situation but the past year year-and-a-half my dreams have been abnormally long so long that I wake up confused as to where I am and it takes me a minute to remember that I went to bed that night. And the emotional response in the dreams are 10 times that of reality so it's like going through a dishwasher of emotions and that's just every night when I go to sleep and it's involuntary now it could just be due to something else I don't know I'm still investigating

Every night of sleep is an opportunity for CONTEMPLATION and PROBLEM-SOLVING

@TrynaBeTurquoise I had about seven lucid dreams in my life. It was very unique experience. I noticed one peculiarity, when I maintain awareness during the day or on a regular basis, lucid dreaming becomes a byproduct of this awareness,  even when I go to bed. Also, I was lucid dreaming after valuable spiritual insights or progresses in my self-development.

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Stephen Laberge touches on some important points connecting lucid dreaming to non-duality. Must watch, similar to Leos content. 

Btw, thats strange that people wake up feeling tired the next day after lucid dreaming. In my own experience, I wake up in a great mood excited at the amazing phenomenon that just took place, and energized to start the day. 

On 10/7/2019 at 8:24 AM, MAYA EL said:

Lucid dreaming never gets old, it gets more and more psychedelic and interesting, whether it be personal or transcendental. 

'At will', yeah the ego indulging in the dream and trying to fly or have sex or whatever, yeah that gets old.

59 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Lucid dreaming never gets old, it gets more and more psychedelic and interesting, whether it be personal or transcendental. 

'At will', yeah the ego indulging in the dream and trying to fly or have sex or whatever, yeah that gets old.

Well that is your opinion I'm sure you're still new to lucid dreaming however lucid dreaming is something I have been doing since I was 14 quite proficiently so over 20 years i have been lucid dreaming and that makes it just another thing you can do so yes it does lose its spice over time.

2 hours ago, MAYA EL said:

Well that is your opinion I'm sure you're still new to lucid dreaming however lucid dreaming is something I have been doing since I was 14 quite proficiently so over 20 years i have been lucid dreaming and that makes it just another thing you can do so yes it does lose its spice over time.

I have had 1000's of lucid dreams as well.

Perhaps we stumble over definitions, a lucid dream means you are aware that you are a in a dream, it's not something you can do.

And dreams tend to be more profound than people can usually remember after, (if you can remember them really consciously after, you can remember how profound they are, almost experiencing them again, like a dmt-trip, very different than a vague memory which can make it seem like some dulled down thing)

, but still I suppose people can be wired so differently they don't find dreams so interesting, hard to imagine from my point of view but what do I know.

I am currently having a dry spell, but have been a oneironaut for years. I love it so much.  Try asking Dream characters questions. The more deep the questions are, the more fun. Although of course they don't always give you straight answers or the answers may be something wacky, so maybe ask why they answer that way or something.  Lucid dreaming is great for shadow work or for exploring the freedom of consciousness. 

and i'm never tired the next day, if anything I am more energetic because afterglow is very nice. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance That sounds like an amazing idea, last night I had a vivid dream about past emotional trauma, and I cant believe I didnt become lucid. After becoming lucid a couple nights ago, it built up a lot of confidence and motivation in me. I’m just going to keep trying the techniques and get a physical dream journal.

Have you tried any lucid dream supplements you take before your REM cycle like galantamine or choline? 

@TrynaBeTurquoise  galantamine worked once for me, but it can make you too wired to fall back asleep so I would only take it right before you doze off.   Choline is best mixed with HTP, or take the HTP before bed and take the choline during your WBTB.  B6 is good too. But what I will tell you is there is no magic pill, they only increase vividness of the dream which may lead to more awareness and realization.  Honestly most of my Lucid dreams have been random realizations and then you have to also learn to maintain that state of consciousness or you can easily lose lucidity or wake up. 

I'm still working on entering the dream world from waking state, or WILD. But need to learn to meditate first :S

@seeking_brilliance got you, If I were to deem one supp (or supp combo) as the most likely to induce lucid dreaming, or making the dream as vivid as possible (in your experience and what you perceive from others) would you recommend galantamine? Or something else

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

1 hour ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

@seeking_brilliance got you, If I were to deem one supp (or supp combo) as the most likely to induce lucid dreaming, or making the dream as vivid as possible (in your experience and what you perceive from others) would you recommend galantamine? Or something else

haha I hear mushrooms or LSD works well :D (but sadly haven't tried either)

anyway... um galatamine yes, but you have to find your personal dosage and time table to take it. Takes experimentation.  

5 hours ago, John Lula said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise I mostly preferred astral projection than lucid dreaming. But both are fine.

They are the same

But there is a qualitative difference in dreams, some dreams seem more ego based, personal projections, fear based reaction - there are also more vivid dreams, less personal, more reality based (there you are more mature also, more conscious, as appose to being in your personal ego theme again) 

13 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

I have had 1000's of lucid dreams as well.

Perhaps we stumble over definitions, a lucid dream means you are aware that you are a in a dream, it's not something you can do.

And dreams tend to be more profound than people can usually remember after, (if you can remember them really consciously after, you can remember how profound they are, almost experiencing them again, like a dmt-trip, very different than a vague memory which can make it seem like some dulled down thing)

, but still I suppose people can be wired so differently they don't find dreams so interesting, hard to imagine from my point of view but what do I know.

My definition of a lucid dream is when all of a sudden no matter what the dream is no matter what you're doing in the dream it's just like a lightning bolt hits you and the realization holy crap I'm Dreaming right now I'm laying in my bed which is in a blah blah blah room right beside blah blah blah I have to get up at this time in the morning to do this thing yeah I'm right here right now I have full control and then you do some like Jedi mind trick and Crush something with your mind or pick it up if your mind or something like that and you can stop what everybody's doing and say I want the answer to this or I'm going to do this and basically have complete control of your dream that is my definition of lucid dreaming and yes people can be different like I said it gets old when you've been doing it over 20 years and that's not a false statement because I've  experienced it meaning it's true just because you don't experience it does not mean it's not true that's all I meant by my statement .

18 minutes ago, MAYA EL said:

My definition of a lucid dream is when all of a sudden no matter what the dream is no matter what you're doing in the dream it's just like a lightning bolt hits you and the realization holy crap I'm Dreaming right now I'm laying in my bed which is in a blah blah blah room right beside blah blah blah I have to get up at this time in the morning to do this thing yeah I'm right here right now I have full control and then you do some like Jedi mind trick and Crush something with your mind or pick it up if your mind or something like that and you can stop what everybody's doing and say I want the answer to this or I'm going to do this and basically have complete control of your dream that is my definition of lucid dreaming and yes people can be different like I said it gets old when you've been doing it over 20 years and that's not a false statement because I've  experienced it meaning it's true just because you don't experience it does not mean it's not true that's all I meant by my statement .

Thats like saying waking life gets boring because you've experienced it all your life. Unless you are depressed it never gets boring, there are always exciting things to do.

The possibilities you can utilize your lucidity in a dream for are endless. You just aren't aware or haven't put in the effort to take full advantage of it. Use it to face your greatest fears (dont tell me you dont have fears), use it to rehearse events for waking life, use it to practice or perfect a skill or technique. Use it to fulfill any egoic desires that distract you in your waking life. If you already have the valuable skill/gift of becoming lucid when you want, don't waste it. Other people would kill for that.