Pras

so i quit my job to do YouTube.. am i crazy ?

6 posts in this topic

so it's been a month now.. i quit my day job so that i could focus fully on creating content and building my videography business as those are something that i'm passionate about..

it feels pretty scary right now..as i'm still unsure of how i'm going to pull it off but at the same time it feels exciting 

i don't know if you guys have felt this but..when i was working my job or even now when i see other people with regular jobs, i just cannot imagine myself living that sort of life

and doing what i truly love as that just makes me happy and feel free..

and all the fear and doubt is just worth living in the possibility of making something beautiful from nothing..

so i decided to document this journey while i'm at it which i would love for you to watch 

and pls feel free to follow with me on my journey..hope i can bring you some value with what i've learned along the way

instagram - @beingpras

Depends on your situation. If you have people to support you whilst you get it off the ground then you should be okay. E.g: living with family that would prefer you to focus on your passion rather than pay rent. 

Good luck!

Subbed :)

Edited by PlayOnWords

If can sustain your servival, that is great, but if you can't, maybe you are crazy. 

while it is important to have a passion and vision for one's life beyond that of being stuck in cubicle it is also important to pace oneself slowly. I don't know what your skillset is and what you experience in your new career trajectory might be but would highly encourage you to be sure you can sustain yourself without a solid income for some time. It will take months (maybe years) before your youtube channel gains enough attention as you are competing with hundreds of thousands of people for eyeballs. In between of that you may need to invest in technology, courses, software and further education all costing thousands of dollars. 

Absolutely not trying to discourage you. I am all for escaping rat-race (I am also in the middle of that effort) and finding one's purpose but that needs to be done gradually as sudden transition may not always be wise. You may run out of money before your new endeavour earns you enough to sustain yourself. Unless you come from wealthy family or can afford to share your parent's home to safe on rent of course. 

You may also benefit from reading (or listening) Cal Newport's - "So good they can't ignore you". The book talks a lot about career transition and how to go around slowly transitioning. 

Wishing you all the bes t!

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

congrats man. i did the same thing and it worked for some time  

what helped 100x over was having friends who either understood & supported the journey or were also on the same path

Edited by d0ornokey