Raphael

I just got physical threats

22 posts in this topic

I went for a walk with my dogs (without any leash) and I met a man holding another dog with two kids. One of my dog bark to his dog and the man violently beat my dog with a tree branch. I told him to stop and wanted to tell him that next time it will be better if he could move to the side (they were an empty space) so that it doesn't happen with me or anyone else and that he doesn't beat anyone dog again. He didn't let me talk, and just after beat my second dog who was walking calmly without barking or running.

He then told me the following:

"NEXT TIME IF IT HAPPENS I WILL BEAT YOUR DOGS AND BEAT YOU TOO!!!"

He was right that I should probably hold my dogs with a leash next time, but I also wanted to communicate with him and share my perspective, however, it was literally impossible. He was very impulsive and I sensed a huge stage red ego, so I choose to let go.

Even though I was very calm when I was face to face with him and I'm currently not paralyzed, super anxious, or anything, I'm a little afraid to go for a new walk. It's different to receive physical threats online and physical threats in real life and I know I can meet this guy again in the future.

Did you already receive face to face physical threats? How to deal with it?

I have unleashed dogs run up to me, but my dog will bite them in the face sometimes. If I sensed any sort of attack from the other dog I would attack it to protect my dog. I don't get much threats often. You did the best to just ignore it and move on. Put the dog on a leash though. 

A year ago, my sociopath friend who I thought was a friendly charismatic guy who I enjoyed having a laugh with, turned his back on me. He broke into my house, held a knife to my chest, while trying to take my money. I impulsively stabbed him in his face, he went to the hospital, and after a couple days, I received a lot of death threats from him. 

we crossed each other 6 months after, I was just arriving at the bus stop on foot, while the bus just departed. He was in the bus looking at me, doing gestures that he will chop off my head while holding a knife. In a bus full of people. No shame, no fear, no self-consciousness at all.

I moved to another town. Not specificaly for that reason, but mostly because of my life purpose. But I'm glad I did, Now I don't have to look over my shoulder.

@Raphael walking your dog without a leash is foolish and irresponsible. Especially since you know (and you definitely know) that your dogs bark at other dogs. You should apologize to that man for having to defend himself on a nice walk with his kid. You wanting to “explain your side” is completely defensive and selfish. You were wrong and that’s it. We all fuck up, just be honest about it. We are all human. 

Just to be clear, I don’t in any way condone hurting or hitting animals in anyway. That guys who hit your dog is kinda a dick to (unless he really feared for his kid or dog or himself and needed to defend himself). 

Edited by Meditationdude
Words

He beat your dogs? Next time walk your dogs with a leash, but if someone is beating my dog it warrants a physical altercation, im going to defend the poor defenseless animal who didn’t do anything wrong. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

13 hours ago, Raphael said:

I went for a walk with my dogs (without any leash) and I met a man holding another dog with two kids. One of my dog bark to his dog and the man violently beat my dog with a tree branch. I told him to stop and wanted to tell him that next time it will be better if he could move to the side (they were an empty space) so that it doesn't happen with me or anyone else and that he doesn't beat anyone dog again. He didn't let me talk, and just after beat my second dog who was walking calmly without barking or running.

He was right that I should probably hold my dogs with a leash next time, but I also wanted to communicate with him and share my perspective, however, it was literally impossible. He was very impulsive and I sensed a huge stage red ego, so I choose to let go.

Even though I was very calm when I was face to face with him and I'm currently not paralyzed, super anxious, or anything, I'm a little afraid to go for a new walk. It's different to receive physical threats online and physical threats in real life and I know I can meet this guy again in the future.

Right.......that's your perspective...

10 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

@Raphael @JonasVE12 You can solve a lot of these problems with witchcraft fyi. There are curses to bind, confuse or generally create destruction in their lives that are extremely effective. Build some powerful spirit allies that can back up your magic and I would feel sorry for anyone that would threaten you.

Don't do black magic. There are better solutions to these sorts of situations than invoking harm on the other.

Edited by Apparition of Jack

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Average Investor @Meditationdude @TrynaBeTurquoise

You are all rights, I also think that it will better to use a leash with my dogs, even though I don't like it because if I were a dog I would prefer to be free and run without constraints.

@Average Investor @Meditationdude I have been going for walks with my dogs in the same fields since I was a kid, so it has been for more than ten years now. Most of the time they were unleashed, and in more than ten years they never hurt anybody, however, they had some fights with other dogs, and of course, they barked to other people.

I also meet a lot of dogs without a leash in this place, some of them did nothing, some of them run up to me, some of them barked to me, but I never got hurt. I was just walking calmly without doing any aggressive actions, and things would go well. However, most people are just afraid and react aggressively, I had times where people would throw rocks even if the dogs were walking normally without barking.

@Meditationdude I can understand that he beat the first dog because he barked at his dog, but beating the other one who was walking peacefully is different, and physically threating me is something else.

14 hours ago, JonasVE12 said:

A year ago, my sociopath friend who I thought was a friendly charismatic guy who I enjoyed having a laugh with, turned his back on me. He broke into my house, held a knife to my chest, while trying to take my money. I impulsively stabbed him in his face, he went to the hospital, and after a couple days, I received a lot of death threats from him. 

we crossed each other 6 months after, I was just arriving at the bus stop on foot, while the bus just departed. He was in the bus looking at me, doing gestures that he will chop off my head while holding a knife. In a bus full of people. No shame, no fear, no self-consciousness at all.

I moved to another town. Not specificaly for that reason, but mostly because of my life purpose. But I'm glad I did, Now I don't have to look over my shoulder.

That's scary, changing town was probably the best decision. But in my case, I'm not going to move soon, so I'll probably meet this guy again and I'll have to deal with him.

11 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

@Raphael @JonasVE12 You can solve a lot of these problems with witchcraft fyi. There are curses to bind, confuse or generally create destruction in their lives that are extremely effective. Build some powerful spirit allies that can back up your magic and I would feel sorry for anyone that would threaten you.

I'm not into this, and I don't think to hurt people back is the best decision, but open discussion should be.

1 hour ago, MAYA EL said:

Right.......that's your perspective...

Yes, and of course his perspective is different. He was really afraid for his kids, his dog, and himself.

14 minutes ago, Raphael said:

I'm not into this, and I don't think to hurt people back is the best decision, but open discussion should be.

I agree. But as you said, that huge stage red ego is not open for any discussion. Many people are not. You wouldn’t want to be a victim of people their ignorance, right? But you know, he did that because your dogs were lose. Next time if you walk them, put them on a leach and he probably won’t say anything because that was the reason in the first place. That they were lose. 

But you know, these things happen all the time. Once I got hit very hard on my head by a drunk guy out of nothing. And I got more of these incidents. I think it’s important to be able to defend yourself in this society full of crazy people.

Some same scenario might happen again to you where you didn’t do anything wrong and get threathened or attacked. Happened multiple times for me. You could learn self-defence krav maga or the thing Matt suggests.

I think it’s also a good area of development. Being able to handle physical theathening situations involving people. Doing so by black magic/self defence/reason. Although I don’t think you will get far using reason in this world lol

Edited by JonasVE12

@JonasVE12 I agree with you, I will use a leash next time, and maybe free them only in places where there are rarely people.

I thought multiple times about learning martial art or self-defense including Krav Maga. What is the thing with Matt?

6 hours ago, Raphael said:

@Raphael Thats a personal decision. I would try to avoid hurting people but in the end, Im going to do whatever is necessary to protect myself and loved ones from people that intend to harm. 

Edited by Matt8800

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

if you are not physically powerful, use psychic power with technologic tools.

Use the magic box to destroy them.

but I m a very nice guy, I almost never hated anything else but ignorance.

But if ignorance become dangerous, erase it.

just don't create more hate, there is no hate to have for anything.

Edited by Aeris

22 hours ago, Raphael said:

Ok, except the leash thingy ... dogs were already beaten, your ego what shattered ...

One could pick-up the phone and call police on this MF, I would at least threaten him with police for beating dogs, if he touched me I would definitely call police and maybe some friends for help. I know you might get injured/killed so ideally you avoid any contact (i.e. keep distance) and in the mist of arguments explain your standpoint and let it go once it is over. It was a great opportunity for training control, speech, manipulation, etc. 

Your dogs create hierarchy that he is superior to you xD don't beat them please.

must suck balls for you. but this is just funny, this man is so so low consciousness that its funny

There are some things that are relatively cut and dried-- this sounds like one for the police. (Just like another one the other day was one for lawyers.)

Can you explore the lessons? Sure. Go right head. Everything is a lesson, right? Learn all the lessons you want. But, it's also one where there's a relatively "easy answer." A person who beats people's dogs with a stick and makes threats should be handled by the people who are in the business of dealing with people who beat dogs and make threats. 

10 hours ago, Raphael said:

I have been going for walks with my dogs in the same fields since I was a kid, so it has been for more than ten years now. Most of the time they were unleashed, and in more than ten years they never hurt anybody, however, they had some fights with other dogs, and of course, they barked to other people.

I also meet a lot of dogs without a leash in this place, some of them did nothing, some of them run up to me, some of them barked to me, but I never got hurt. I was just walking calmly without doing any aggressive actions, and things would go well. However, most people are just afraid and react aggressively, I had times where people would throw rocks even if the dogs were walking normally without barking.

His reaction was way too excessive. Beating an unleashed dog is a form of physical assault and is probably against city ordinance. 

Although the response was excessive, I understand aversion to unleashed dogs and why there are leash laws. As a runner, I've experienced many cases of dogs aggressively chasing me and on a couple occasions, attacking me. This leads to a different perspective than most dog owners have. When a dog is approaching/barking at me - I don't know the degree of danger. Once a person has been chased and attacked by dogs, it can trigger a strong "fight or flight" response. Similarly, when one's leashed dog has been aggressively approached/bitten by another dog - it changes the dynamic. . .When a dog approaches and barks at me, I don't know how dangerous it is. When a dog is approaching/barking, the dog tries to appear dangerous - that is the whole point of approaching/barking - to appear dangerous and to intimidate. All dog owners I've met think their dog is a peaceful dog that would never harm anyone. Until they do. . . One time a dog approached me barking and I just stood still so I didn't seem like a threat - I stood still hoping it wouldn't bite me - which it did. . . The dog owner was shocked and said her dog "cupcake" is a good dog that would never harm anyone. Then she accused me of scaring cupcake and said her dog was simply trying to defend itself from me (as I stood still with my arms by my side). . . . And I had some sharp words for her irresponsibility as a dog owner (although hitting her dog or threatening her would have been excessive). . . . From this perspective, unleashed dogs that bark and approach can be very intimidating and distressing. It can make an environment very unpleasant. . . However, truly gentile non-barking dogs, like golden retrievers, are different - since they are non-threatening. 

On 10/6/2019 at 10:41 AM, Raphael said:

What should’ve happened is what happened. Whether you want to make a change or may find making any change in order to be more effective is up to you. Don’t take that as entitlement though as his reaction should’ve happened as well. 

Dont make a some spiral projection all because some guy barked at you. People get angry at any stage. You can find seething Green people that elicit hatred and prejudice. That’s not what Spiral Dynamics is about at all. 

As far as your reaction, notice how the fact that you’re afraid to go for a walk by definition shows how you’re actually not calm and you do take this personally. You may have shut yourself from being able to notice your reaction towards him, but really being calm is being able to brush it off. 

Speaking as someone whose done A LOT of stupid shit and has been threatened, just let it go. It’s over and done with. I wouldn’t be surprised if that guy saw you 2 weeks from now he wouldn’t even notice you. No need to be dramatic about this. Shit happens. Move on. Ain’t a big deal. People can talk a lot of shit when they’re pissed. You don’t need to psychoanalyze every situation that doesn’t go your way.