seeking_brilliance

Who am I?

18 posts in this topic

Who am I?

I am not Justin. Justin is an idea imposed upon something far too complex to ever describe . 

I am not a Husband. I am not a son. I am not a brother, uncle, or friend. A business owner.  A lazy slob. Mildly creative. Devishly bad, or sweet as an angel. I am none of these things, because what I am cannot be defined. These are qualities of what I am, but they are not me.  What I AM can not be described, because descriptions are too limiting.

I am THIS, appearing exactly however this IS, right NOW.

Who are you?

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

I don't know man. I try to make sure I have sensible contributions on here but every now and then one dumb ass post will slip in sorry! Yeh I suppose I don't understand but instead of saying that I threw some justin bieber your way! 

@Bill W What is wholistic learning without spontaneous expression ?

“what is action without the past”
In case you aren’t sure what I mean 

Edited by DrewNows

Who am I? ❤️? No no no I am Headles Unicorn. 

Lol remembered when Leo said you can't imagine unicorn. Yeah that's right. You are it. ?

@Bill W it's all good. Never be afraid to ask questions. 

What I think the post means is that if you look at yourself....really look... You can see that everthing that you think defines you, even down to your very name, is nothing but a label and expectation superimposed over that which you really are. And what you really are transcends and encompasses all of those things. Who were you before you were named Bill? There was a least a few seconds of freedom before the name Bill and all the expectations that come along with that were imposed upon you. So who was that? 

Sat chit ananda AKA. "existence, consciousness, bliss" or no-thing

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

4 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Who are you?

The empty screen.which the I Am This is projected upon.

4 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Who are you?

The creator of time and space. I am an explorer.

4 hours ago, cetus56 said:

The empty screen.which the I Am This is projected upon.

Well you are not Screen at All. Screen an All of THIS is still Dimensionless Centerless Singularity. That's like the Truth. 

❤️

If you don't know who you are then how do I know you. You should Ask that question to yourself not others....if descriptions of you will confuse you more and it will lead you to know where...anything that is impermanent cannot be you ....seriously can't you just take a moment to dedicate a few hours and find it out yourself rather than asking here and wasting your time....deep down You don't  really want to want to know, ...keep meditating 4 hours 5 hours and empty your mind..the answer will come on it's own...

Haha I posted this to Facebook. One of the responses I got was 'same as you...' and another was 'I am nobody'.  And these came from two people who I know very well so I (think I) know they don't realize how profound those answers are

@Alex bliss you're right, I guess if that's true then it just surprised me alot because I don't have anyone in person to talk to this about so it excites me when people show some kind of interest or understanding

one of my friends answered on facebook and said this kind of talk scares her.  :( I was like... its ok don't be scared. I'm just saying that we should not live by being defined by the labels thrust upon us.  

@Bill W

Message_1562515961193.jpg

Yes the layers and labels of the false self are just opinions ideas beliefs perspectives about yourself they are not who you really are.

When the labels and beliefs are dropped, you realize there is nothing there except the pure consciousness that is not limited by time or space.

It's the nothing that is everywhere and nowhere. It's the isness or being itself.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi