The Don

As we become more conscious, how can we break out of nihilism?

28 posts in this topic

I did it by saying "fuck it" to enlightenment and going after the things I wanted. The Law of Attraction and my increasing awareness and understanding of it mysteriously made its way into my life in unique ways at the same time this was happening. 

What I realized was that the only way to let go of desire was to embrace it, FULLY until it became apparent that the desire didn't come from me and there was no me. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

14 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

What I realized was that the only way to let go of desire was to embrace it, FULLY until it became apparent that the desire didn't come from me and there was no me. 

Alright. Have no desire.

Is enlightenment a bad thing? Why did you try to let go of enlightenment?

Me on the road less traveled.

@The Don You can't let go of who you are. You can only let go of an idea about something.

The reason I let go of it was because I started to believe that it was all bullshit, I was oh so right and oh so very wrong at the same time. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, The Don said:

Last night, just before the bed, I was lost in a wave of depression and I was thinking about how to get out of that wave.

I tried to embrace the depression and it didn't work for a while. I was still depressed. Then I started to focus on my breath and I got better; I was using a technique described in this video. It really worked.

Do you exercise or hang out with friends often? Whenever I feel depressed I go for a 60 minute walk and find a friend to hang out with. That usually sets me straight. Meditation doesn't really do much for me when I'm depressed. Anyways, make sure that you're moving and that you aren't isolating.

32 minutes ago, The Don said:

Alright. Have no desire.

Have desire. Follow the desire. Discover what desire actually is. 

16 hours ago, The Don said:

Alright. I'll focus on love, truth, compassion and the present moment.

Moreover, I would like to know what @Leo Gura thinks about nihilism and what can people do to escape from it; he definitely has been nihilistic and found his own way to escape from it.

@The Don Nihilism shouldnt be escaped if one wants truth. Nihilism needs to be accepted and then one needs to transcend it through expressing their own highest values in the flowing present moment. 

There is no such thing as objective meaning. Only consciousness can attribute value and meaning to something and consciousness is pure subjectivity. "Objective meaning" is an oxymoron. Fully explore what subjective meaning and values are and can mean.

Edited by Matt8800

1 hour ago, The Don said:

Alright. Have no desire.

Is enlightenment a bad thing? Why did you try to let go of enlightenment?

@The Don BTW, the idea that one should have no desire is based only in some traditions. Its not an objective enlightenment "truth". Tantra, some forms of Buddhism and the occult say that desire and pleasure can be used mindfully as a potent tool for enlightenment. Ancient texts say that this path is a faster way to enlightenment but can be a bit more risky because of potential for attachment.

If you want to explore that idea, I would suggest a book called Desire - The Tantric Path to Awakening.

Edited by Matt8800

Try turning within and identifying who this one is that needs to attach meaning. Sometimes there's deep conditioning that needs to be seen through. Once the light of awareness is shining the problem can dissolve. Awareness alone is Curative.

The problemless problem is using words to discuss the wordless no way, yeah that's the false truth - "me"

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi