arlin

How can i speed up the process?

19 posts in this topic

It's been 5 months since i started my path of self actualization. I studied a lot of things, a lot of perspectives, a lot a lot of various theory. Less of practice. Since i have been putting things into practice, i have overcome extreme difficult times, i have mistaken and felt like moved steps backward, i have had backlashes. Leo's video helped me massively. Eventually though, i realized i could not follow the advanced stuff anymore. I was so far behind, i did not had time to even check the forum as i was working on myself. 

I realized even though it's been half a year i started, i can't do advanced stuff only because there is so much content available. I have to start at the basics. 

In fact, i watched a 5 year old video on the actualized yt channel, and that resonated perfectly with me. 

I am afraid i gained so much theory, it would take me years to actualize... 

And i feel sad, because things here are moving so fast, or this seems to me. I feel sad for not being able to keep the pace with you guys. I have to come to the forun and ask stupid questions, sometimes i get the feeling like i am bothering people here.

Hope you guys understand, thanks. 

In my opinion you should not speed up the process, but go at a pace that you can maintain. You are more likely to actualize that way!

The point is not to reach some lofty goal of Enlightenment or whatever. The point is to pay attention to the journey and expand your awareness, IN THE PRESENT MOMENT.

Just keep watching the 5 year old videos if that is where you are, there is no shame in that. It is not a competition to keep up with Leo's output.

In fact a lot of us on here could do with re/watching a lot of the older material - it really is gold. Me included.

All stories and explanations are false.

@arlin I’m 4 years in and I’ve seen every video but I go back to the earlier stuff all the time. They are the best videos for personal development and that’s something you can see results in fairly quickly in your day to day life. 

4 hours ago, arlin said:

I am afraid i gained so much theory, it would take me years to actualize... 

Yup, it takes years for everyone so you can relax here. 

Leo’s stuff got really advanced in the last 3 years because he started doing psychedelics. Stronger and more powerful as the years went on up to today. It’s really difficult (even for me) to resonate with all his new material Bc I don’t trip like he does.  

so, either get on the heavy psychedelic use or keep doing what you’re doing and hang in there for years and years. 
It’s definitely worth it, just a bit slower of a process. 

A lot of the time if you move too fast you don't keep the growth or much of it. Imagine if you got 1% better everyday it would be easier to maintain and improve. Now of course you will have peaks and times where growth seems stagnant. The foundation stuff is crucial. So blowing through it isn't really going to benefit you. 

One of the most important things you could do is be able to identify things your need to work on for YOURSELF. Not everyone else around you. Not very many people are capable of doing this. It's easy to figure out what others should be working on, but how about you? 

@arlin There is zero need to speed things up. You cannot speed things up, even.

You must always work with where you're at... and that can be highly counter intuitive at times.

Open up your time frame, and start to think in terms of years.

Where you will be 2-3 years from now will be outstanding if you can stick with the pace you've put on yourself. Also, don't be afraid to take breaks from this work. As long as your overall trajectory is going up, you will be fine. 

Trust the process.

I like something Terrence Mckenna said about psychedelic practice vs traditional spiritual practices: traditional spiritual practitioners are always looking for a way to speed up the process - new techniques, a better guru, etc.. With psychedelics, it's more like you're scrambling to find the breaks on the whole thing because the psychedelic experience can take you from 0 to infinity in a few minutes. So if you're looking to speed things up... psychedelics.

Edited by SaWaSaurus

@arlin If you want to speed up the process, carry out a light emotional state, smile (for real), wish happiness for EVERYONE around you (parents included) and be a servant. These practices should trigger a lot of unconscious toxic patterns.

unborn Truth

I wouldnt use everyone here as advanced as you imagine. A lot of people here have their heads up their ass and speak this big mumbo jumo but I promise if you met them irl they could not maintain this keyboard-enlightenment persona they write from. Only a couple people here are the real deal, so dont feel too bad!

Which leads me to my conlusion: Dont worry man, just focus on your journey. People can say this and that, doesnt make it true and definitely doesnt make it true to you. 

Nothing is more valuable than you own truth. Your direct experience. 

19 hours ago, arlin said:

speeding up the process sounds good but its unrealistic if you dont actually get good at making distinctions at how much progress you have made....look at you expectations it will comeback to bite you if you estimate heaps of growth under unrealistic amount of time.

the faster you go and you can actually go too fast the more backlash.

im glad you overcame difficult times. are you sure your not going at the right pace already? awareness alone curative is a good start. 

7 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@arlin If you want to speed up the process, carry out a light emotional state, smile (for real), wish happiness for EVERYONE around you (parents included) and be a servant. These practices should trigger a lot of unconscious toxic patterns.

How or where can i learn more about that? 

@PenguinPablo

Thank you all guys, you have been helpfull. 

@arlin, you focus to much on the "destination" (there is none, you are already here but hey ...)

Try to focus more on the NOW, the "path", the "journey" instead of other things ;) If you can enjoy this, right now, you are there my friend.

❤️?

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

∞∞∞∞ Rumi ∞∞∞∞

22 hours ago, arlin said:

I feel sad for not being able to keep the pace

@arlin do you have a daily meditation practice? If you do, especially an hour in the morning and an hour at night, you will be ahead of many of the forum members.
Also, watch this video, twice:

I also think being patient but in the sense that enjoying the journey allows us to be more happy. 

14 hours ago, ajasatya said:

These practices should trigger a lot of unconscious toxic patterns.

????

8 hours ago, arlin said:

How or where can i learn more about that? 

I'd recommend the Yamas and Niyamas from Yoga + The Noble Eightfold Path from Buddhism. Those 2 ensemble well.

1 hour ago, CreamCat said:

????

Confusing? Try those and you will notice a lot of resistance arising.

unborn Truth

The things that drastically accelerated my own growth were: vipassana retreat, travel, psychedelics. Good luck! @arlin

By deciding to, with every layer of your being, the more you immerse yourself and completely surrender to truth, the more apparent the truth becomes. Absolute trust is needed for total annihilation of the false self, are you ready to forget your identity?

You are your own limitation, at the end of the day.

B R E A T H E