Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Name

How to learn english as a foreigner?(especially pronunciation)

2 posts in this topic

I already know how to write a lot about a lot about all kinds of topics but I struggle a lot with pronunciation.

How do I expand my field of words known and how do I talk with someone genuinely, naturally without being reticent that I fuck it up?

it seems that english is a hard to learn language because you write a word one way and pronounce it in other way,so I have to learn each word individually.

But even if I know how to pronounce each word,when I put them into a sentence my tongue just twists and I fuck it up.

I can't speak it fluently..

I am curently in UK since 3 weeks,I know the basics but I would like to make some friends or a girlfriend but I cannot do that because  I speak like I have autism or some disorter which impairs my speaking.

I'm also reticent to talk with my uni collagues because I might not understand what they might say or something while they fast speak something.

Help me guys please,I am willing to try anything that it takes, to invest as much time into this as possible.

Thank you for bothering to answer.

I teach English as a foreign language. I think really it just comes down to speaking practice and building confidence. 

If you are prepared to invest some money, I would suggest finding an online teacher through a website like italki.com. Lessons are much cheaper than in person classes. 

You can practice one-on-one speaking in a comfortable enviroment rather than a pressured social situation. 

Edited by Joker