Anderz

ACIM Journal

1,972 posts in this topic

Roger Castillo has this new video. He has sometimes quoted from ACIM in past videos. I haven't watched this new video yet but his teaching is about nonduality which as I see it is useful for removing even the feeling of fear.

Roger Castillo makes a difference between pleasure-pain and suffering. I think ACIM goes a step beyond that and says that pain is also suffering. Roger talked about peace of mind. ACIM talks about peace of mind and body, such as inner peace flowing from the heart and out into the body.

It may be that Roger is correct on the level of what the Law of One calls third density. And what ACIM is describing is actually a step into fourth density. I still find Roger's teaching useful as a step towards fourth density. I haven't even peace of mind!

ACIM talks about going from fear to love, which I interpret as going from third to fourth density. QAnon has posted about going from darkness to light and about the Great Awakening, which may be a change of the material world but Q has also mentioned biblical changes. I see material reality and spirituality as one wholeness, so change on the material level is also important.

"The Great Awakening ('Freedom of Thought’), was designed and created not only as a backchannel to the public (away from the longstanding ‘mind’ control of the corrupt & heavily biased media) to endure future events through transparency and regeneration of individual thought (breaking the chains of ‘group-think’), but, more importantly, aid in the construction of a vehicle (a ‘ship’) that provides the scattered (‘free thinkers’) with a ‘starter’ new social-networking platform which allows for freedom of thought, expression, and patriotism or national pride (the feeling of love, devotion and sense of attachment to a homeland and alliance with other citizens who share the same sentiment)." - From Q post 3906

An alternative practice I now discovered is to instead of aiming for peace of mind to only aim for peace in the body! This practice probably requires a lot of experience of inner body awareness practice, because the body armor in ego consciousness is so incredibly rigid and heavy. So I expect it to be a challenging practice but one worth for me to investigate, especially since I have already done a lot of inner body awareness practice.

The idea is to start feeling inner peace flowing inside the body and more and more melt away the body armor. And the focus of the practice is to have conscious attention located in the body instead of only in the head/mind. And also, the practice is about allowing non-peace in the thinking mind! So all kinds of worries, fears, feelings of shame and guilt, sorrow and anger and so on are allowed in the form of thoughts. And my idea is that once the peace in the body is activated it will start to flow into the thinking mind and make even the thoughts peaceful.

Something really tricky I discovered is that the body awareness practice may need the intellectual belief in moving into fourth density, or transforming the body into a glorified body as it's sometimes called in Christianity. That's difficult mentally since it's usually regarded as woo woo nonsense fantasy. Nevertheless, I have come to suspect that it's the body armor that causes us to remain stuck in third density (the fallen world/state). And if the mind believes that third density is all there is, then dissolving the body armor may be impossible! So I believe it's necessary to soften up and question the rigid mental conditioning which is the belief that our fallen world is the only possible reality.

ACIM says that nothing real can be threatened. Then what about the current coronavirus crisis? It seems that our third density world at the moment is more vulnerable than ever. And all we have even known is a threatening fallen world.

One good possibility I came to think of is that the coronavirus crisis is the global ego jumping the shark. :P

"Jumping the shark is an idiom used to describe a moment when something that was once popular but has grown less so makes an attempt at publicity which only serves to highlight its irrelevance. This is especially applicable to television series or other entertainment outlets.[1]

The idiom "jumping the shark" is pejorative, most commonly used in reference to unsuccessful gimmicks for promoting something. It is similar to "past its peak", but it more specifically suggests an unwillingness to acknowledge the fact. Originally, the phrase was used to describe an episode of a television comedy with a gimmick or unlikely occurrence desperately attempting to keep viewers' interest. Moments labeled as "jumping the shark" are considered indications that writers have exhausted their focus, that the show has strayed irretrievably from an older and better formula, or that the series as a whole is declining in quality.

The phrase derives from a scene in a Season 5 episode of the 1970s sitcom Happy Days in which the character Fonzie jumps over a shark while on water-skis.[2][3][4] This gimmick strayed absurdly outside the original storyline of the sitcom.

The usage of "jump the shark" has subsequently broadened beyond television, indicating the moment when a brand, design, franchise, or creative effort's evolution declines, or when it changes notably in style into something unwelcome." - Wikipedia

In third density, our physical human body is crappy. Should we accept our body as it is? No! Do you believe that the physical body as we experience it today is the best that infinite intelligence can do?

"In this world, not even the body is perceived as whole. 2 Its purpose is seen as fragmented into many functions with little or no relationship to each other, so that it appears to be ruled by chaos. 3 Guided by the ego, it is. 4 Guided by the Holy Spirit, it is not. 5 It becomes a means by which the part of the mind you tried to separate from spirit can reach beyond its distortions and return to spirit. 6 The ego's temple thus becomes the temple of the Holy Spirit, where devotion to Him replaces devotion to the ego. 7 In this sense the body does become a temple to God; His Voice abides in it by directing the use to which it is put." - ACIM T-8.VII.9.

ACIM saying that the physical body can become a temple to God, that probably means a glorified body, a fourth density body. Because this is how ACIM describes the third density body:

"Death is the central dream from which all illusions stem. 2 Is it not madness to think of life as being born, aging, losing vitality, and dying in the end? 3 We have asked this question before, but now we need to consider it more carefully. 4 It is the one fixed, unchangeable belief of the world that all things in it are born only to die. 5 This is regarded as "the way of nature," not to be raised to question, but to be accepted as the "natural" law of life. 6 The cyclical, the changing and unsure; the undependable and the unsteady, waxing and waning in a certain way upon a certain path,--all this is taken as the Will of God. 7 And no one asks if a benign Creator could will this.

... Yet the worms as well are doomed to be destroyed as certainly. 6 And so do all things live because of death. 7 Devouring is nature's "law of life." 8 God is insane, and fear alone is real." - ACIM M-27

This is consistent with my idea that the body armor will remain when we believe that third density is the only possible reality. Also note that nonacceptance of the current state of the physical body is different than hatred. It's necessary I believe to have loving feelings towards the body for it to be able to transform. Remember that even the ego and even violence and death are necessary development "tools" and therefore ultimately good too from an absolute perspective of wholeness, it's just that they are signs of a primitive level of development.

ACIM explains how all minds are joined. It seems to me that all minds in ego consciousness are joined in the form of a morphic field of the global ego. With the coronavirus crisis the morphic field of the global ego has become radically weakened. This is a potential opportunity for connecting to a new morphic field of a collective consciousness that transcends the global ego.

"III.2. No mind is sick until another mind agrees that they are separate. 2 And thus it is their joint decision to be sick. 3 If you withhold agreement and accept the part you play in making sickness real, the other mind cannot project its guilt without your aid in letting it perceive itself as separate and apart from you. 4 Thus is the body not perceived as sick by both your minds from separate points of view. 5 Uniting with a brother's mind prevents the cause of sickness and perceived effects. 6 Healing is the effect of minds that join, as sickness comes from minds that separate.

III.3. The miracle does nothing just because the minds are joined, and cannot separate. 2 Yet in the dreaming has this been reversed, and separate minds are seen as bodies, which are separated and which cannot join. 3 Do not allow your brother to be sick, for if he is, have you abandoned him to his own dream by sharing it with him. 4 He has not seen the cause of sickness where it is, and you have overlooked the gap between you, where the sickness has been bred. 5 Thus are you joined in sickness, to preserve the little gap unhealed, where sickness is kept carefully protected, cherished, and upheld by firm belief, lest God should come to bridge the little gap that leads to Him. 6 Fight not His coming with illusions, for it is His coming that you want above all things that seem to glisten in the dream." - ACIM T-28

Still no big news about cash being dangerous during these times of the coronavirus crisis. If COVID-19 really is very dangerous, using cash seems like something to avoid as a first step. So the absence of public warnings seems suspicious to me. Is COVID-19 just an ordinary flu virus after all? To be fair, there are a few news articles about dangers of using cash. And this article pointed out that there is also a risk when paying with cards:

"As for cash versus credit? “There’s no good answer here,” Gloster continues. Paying with plastic often means touching a pin pad; cash isn’t known for being especially clean. Self-checkout should reduce contact with a cashier — good for everyone! — but it requires you to touch surfaces other people are also touching." - Vox, Mar 30, 2020

It may be too late for big news about cash dangers; those in power would look foolish in such case because of having missed or ignored the danger for so long. But we will see. It will almost be funny if those in power and in mainstream media suddenly start pushing stories and warnings about cash danger.

Ego consciousness is a lot about planning for the future. My theory is that the future is already determined. This means that planning for the future can be dropped. It can also be fun and interesting to plan for the future, so an integral approach is to still make plans without being dependent on them. This also removes the friction caused by different plans clashing and conflicting with each other which is often the case in ego consciousness. It also allows plans to immediately be dropped and replaced by other plans or no plans, since the outcome is already determined anyway so there is no heavy personal investment or attachment to the plans as it is when we are totally trapped in ego consciousness.

I find the planless awareness practice difficult. My mind keeps relapsing into ego planning mode. By planless awareness I mean being free even of simple planned tasks in everyday life. There is a sense of clarity sometimes so I could be on the right track! I will practice it a bit more to see what happens. I think Sadhguru said that most of the time he doesn't think at all! Eckhart Tolle has also talked about being free from thinking. And Shunyamurti who seems to have vast knowledge about all kinds of spiritual traditions talked about trans-conceptual awareness or intelligence, something like that. I now sense that spiritual gurus like these are describing a real possible transcendent state of consciousness.

6 hours ago, Rebecca Kalamata said:

Like maybe a pandemic?

The coronavirus crisis is enormous. When I first heard about the virus I thought it would be like the previous SARS epidemic some years ago. Then countries started to lock down whole populations! So something big is going on and regardless of whether it's a staged event or a natural pandemic it has already caused a lot of political changes. Politicians are totally trapped in ego planning mode and they need to continue along that line. As individual we have the opportunity to transcend ego planning! That's how I see it. Of course I could be wrong, and that even as individuals we need to plan for the future, but I'm taking the risk of experimenting with removing the need for personal planning in my own life.

The Law of One says that there are both positive and negative fourth density beings. My interpretation of the Law of One is that it's often tricky in its explanations because of the Law of Confusion (we can't handle the truth yet, hence need for confusion and also for the experience of individuality and a sense of separate control). So to me, negative service to self in fourth density means ego planning mode. And that's useful even in fourth density. It's separate control. In reality nothing is separate, yet it's a useful function to be able to control things as if things were separate. 

Some people may ask, if a politician is genuinely serving for the good of all citizens, is that really service to self in the Law of One? Yes! Because it's still separate control. And that's a good thing when done in harmony. That's what I meant earlier by how the ego is a valuable development. The ego is not some bad mistake or something like that. The ego is a necessary stage in order to develop individuality and a sense of separate control.

What makes it necessary to transcend the ego is that as ACIM says it is confused about everything, and is stuck in the Law of Confusion as the Law of One calls it. The confusion is the belief that the separation is absolute and total. That's the mistake, that sin in the sense of missing the mark. That's what the Law of One means by service to self as I interpret it.

Everything is One. That's what the Law of One is about. So service to others doesn't mean a separate ego serving others. Instead service to others means the recognition of oneness. I haven't checked yet what the Law of One says about it, but my guess is that fourth density means a collective consciousness where the global ego is transcended and also included, and that's the "service to self" part in fourth density; the ability to still have separate control.

One possibility with planless awareness is the emergence of a collective consciousness. Because if I remain in ego planning mode, then that blocks the possibility of a collective consciousness! We can't be a part of a collective consciousness as separate egos. In that sense it's actually "service to others" because it's the ego self (service to self) taking a back seat and allowing a collective consciousness to emerge within oneself.

So it's absolutely NOT about the ego trying to serve or trying to be selfless or the ego sending love and light to others. Those things are total mistakes. Because that's the ego remaining in separate control. And planless awareness is useful for avoiding those traps. In planless awareness there are zero attempts of controlling things. To the ego planless awareness seems horrible, but the purpose is to allow the much bigger collective power and drive to flow into oneself. And then we become the larger collective self. Otherwise we remain stuck in the limited ego self.

I have mostly only intellectual ideas, but they match very well Leo's actual experiences of awakening. There are mainly only two differences I found. One is that in my model time has a beginning and time started now. And in my model not even God has free will. Other than that what Leo says in this video basically totally resonates with my ideas:

And spiritual awakening is I believe also necessary as a part of moving into a collective consciousness and into fourth density.

It's also possible to actively refuse to plan for the future. That adds to the ego conflict, but in a deliberate way as a spiritual practice. My idea is to use that practice as a test to see what happens. It forces my "higher self" to guide me which ultimately is the fourth density self (perhaps collective) which in turn is the Holy Spirit which is the highest self for the whole creation.

"The Holy Spirit mediates between illusions and the truth. ... For sights and sounds must be translated from the witnesses of fear to those of love. ... The Holy Spirit understands the means you made, by which you would attain what is forever unattain­able. And if you offer them to Him, He will employ the means you made for exile to restore your mind to where it truly is at home." - ACIM W-2.7

"Service to others" in the Law of One is in my opinion to let the Holy Spirit use one's own personal knowledge, memories and skills so that the ego integrates with the larger whole.

Brad Johnson has a new video where he talks about something similar to what I call planless awareness. From about 5 minutes he says: "I'm available for Spirit. Which means I clear off everything. Because I have a harmony, I have a commitment to Spirit, I have a commitment to work to where ever Spirit wants to bring me. ... I have no dates here at all ... within my calendar I'm a complete clean slate.":

In Christianity there is a similar description of serving the Holy Spirit. The ego basically is the devil principle as I see it. Leo even said I think that the ego IS the devil. So giving up ego control is the same I believe as serving the Holy Spirit in Christianity. There seems to be a slight distinction. In Christianity it's only Jesus Christ who served the Holy Spirit directly on earth, and for us the Holy Spirit will point us to Christ. That to me is the same as I described earlier about being guided by our higher self which in turn is guided by Christ/the Holy Spirit.