PukkaDanks

My First Product From Life Purose Course

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I took leo's course earlier this year, my purpose is to lead teams, creating products that simplify lives. Since that course I've got a new job as a Product Manager at a start-up I really believe in. I have also just created my first app, the idea is it stop unconcious app use, giving people power back over their smartphones.

It works like this:

1. Install the Frition app (android only at the moment) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.goldfish.friction&hl=en

2. Select apps you want to use less (i.e instagram)

3. When you open these apps, rather than opening straight away, you will get a 7-second delay with the Friction screen, so you can make the choice of whether you really want to open the app, and it's not just a subconcious behavourial pattern

If anyone downloads it now, it be forever free. Interested to hear any feedback!

Cheers,

Tom

Hey. I just got your app on my phone. I will let you know what i think in a few days. Congratulations for your success so far.

Congrats on figuring stuff out :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Good initiative. Keep at it. Small projects lead to bigger ones.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Nice one, reverse-engineering unconscious habits is the future.

I have recently installed StayFocused on Chrome and Screen Time on phone. Might test your app too.

Wow, that’s great. It’s good to see that other people here are creating apps too. I’m making one at this moment as well. Anyways, good luck with yours! :) 

I have an opinion on everything :D

Wow. I like it so far. Very grateful. This is a huge problem for me 

I wish they never put computer into phone.

The whole good programmer who should have done Big games are fucking doing apps. ( Entire game industry unconscious since a décade )

My lp is to create entire universe 

Good Luck and good job.

But for me that's a paradox.

To clean your apps. More apps ? Wtf ?

I don't use anything unconsciously for me there is only conscious stuff. Especially phone that I use only for : note / Reading Book / read actualized.org / music outside / art station scrolling ( observation art )

Absolute no other uses.

How your app would help me ?

Edited by Aeris

Downloaded.

Took a while to get the allowing done. When deciding the apps it would increase experience enourmously if I could pick more than one at the time.

Tried it for YouTube and messengers. Very nice concept and I will definitely keep it

Thanks so much for the feedback guys. I really appreciate it, I think we still have a couple of bugs to iron out but the feedback I've got through this and other forums has really motivated me to push this though.

While I know some basic marketing, if there are any real app marketing wizzes on this Forum I'd love to work together! Can negotiate either a fee for your time or even some profit split / share options on the app! 

@d i e g o Great, will put these suggestion in roadmap for next iteration. 

I don't suppose we could have a skype call after you've used the product for a week or so to get your initial thoughts?

@Aeris If you are lucky enough to only use things conciously, then this app would not serve you at all. The idea is people use this, become concious of their app use and then maybe don't ever need it again!

@d0ornokey Would be great to take a call with you after you've used it for a week to get any feedback you might have!

@Girzo Great, if you tested be so interested to hear your thoughts, early user feedback is so vital for me right now

On 03/10/2019 at 10:05 AM, Everyday said:

Hey. I just got your app on my phone. I will let you know what i think in a few days. Congratulations for your success so far.

@Everyday Again, a call would be brilliant to get your initial thoughts!